Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

I am hoping for a second-round appearance by Gilas. Serbia will be a daunting challenge but that was what I said about Croatia a couple of years back and we almost beat them. Between Serbia and Italy, we have a better chance of beating Italy and I am basing this on the players available for both teams. I don't know if both Serbia and Italy will be complacent when we play them.

Unlike before, Gilas will be facing an All-NBA First Teamer in the Joker. If I were Yeng, I would concentrate on neutralizing the three NBA players Serbia will parade and let the others beat us.

Edited by will robie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Gilas split their two games against the Adelaide 36ers of the NBL. The 36ers were finalists in the NBL last year so they are a powerhouse team.

On another note, I will be cheering for Team USA too as 4 players from my Celtics are suiting up for Team USA.

Edited by will robie

Gilas' final roster has 6 guards. Interesting strategy by the coaching staff - we might be seeing a lot of 3 guard line-ups playing with an uptempo pace and shooting lots of 3s. Hopefully, Blatche has the conditioning to keep up in an up-and-down game.

Pwede sir, pero kung PG at SG or 2 guards ang rotation malamang makakakita tayo ng constant substitution sa guards...to keep their legs fresh and fast...malamang may kasamang back court pressure pa yan.

I didn't know that the best Asian team in the FIBA Worlds will have an automatic slot in the Olympics. I hope there isn't home cooking in China just like in the 2015 FIBA-Asia when Tab and the boys experienced a good 'ole "Lutong Macau".

China has Ivory Coast, Poland and Venezuela. Poland is ranked 25th in the world; Venezuela is ranked 20th; China is ranked 30th while Ivory Coast is ranked 64th. China can beat Ivory Coast but they may need some home cooking to beat Venezuela and Poland. I think "Lutong Macau" will be done against either Venezuela or Poland.

In our group, Italia is ranked 13th while Serbia is ranked 4th. We are ranked 31st while Angola is ranked 39th. It is a certainty that NBA players from Serbia and Italia will start so Yeng knows about their strengths and weaknesses. The Italian and Serbian scouts will probably concentrate on Blatche and the Kraken so it will be up to the others to shine.

Edited by will robie

I watched a tune-up game of the Serbs vs. the Italians and I must say the Serbs' passing was crisp. The Italians lost by 6 points.

The Italians are shooting well too...I hope that Yeng and the Gilas boys have their +AAA game ready when the face the Squadra Azzurri on Saturday the 31st of August.

I didn't know that the best Asian team in the FIBA Worlds will have an automatic slot in the Olympics. I hope there isn't home cooking in China just like in the 2015 FIBA-Asia when Tab and the boys experienced a good 'ole "Lutong Macau".

China has Ivory Coast, Poland and Venezuela. Poland is ranked 25th in the world; Venezuela is ranked 20th; China is ranked 30th while Ivory Coast is ranked 64th. China can beat Ivory Coast but they may need some home cooking to beat Venezuela and Poland. I think "Lutong Macau" will be done against either Venezuela or Poland.

In our group, Italia is ranked 13th while Serbia is ranked 4th. We are ranked 31st while Angola is ranked 39th. It is a certainty that NBA players from Serbia and Italia will start so Yeng knows about their strengths and weaknesses. The Italian and Serbian scouts will probably concentrate on Blatche and the Kraken so it will be up to the others to shine.

Sa draw pa lang luto na. China bracketed with Poland, Venezuela and Ivory Coast. These are considered the weaker teams of their respective continents.

Sa draw pa lang luto na. China bracketed with Poland, Venezuela and Ivory Coast. These are considered the weaker teams of their respective continents.

Venezuela is not exactly a pushover. In the FIBA-World Americas qualifying tournament, Venezuela beat Brazil, Canada and the Dominican Republic. Brazil and the Dominican Republic are ranked higher than Venezuela while Canada had a couple of NBA players in that tournament. Poland is a mystery but I saw in the FIBA-World qualifiers that they beat the Croats who are ranked 9th in the world so they are not a pushover team.

excited to see our National Team play against the best of the worlds, lets go Pilipinas.

+ 1 here.The key is to beat Italy and Congo. Serbia would be a tall order for Gilas; but who knows bilog din ang bola sa China!

Nanaginip ako tinalo natin yung Italy at Serbia! tapos tinalo daw tayo ng Congo! sa pagod na rin ng Gilas...Hahaha! but that's me and my dream.

Wala iyan sa panaginip ko. Napanaginipan ko na tinalo natin ang Team USA with JMF toying all defenders thrown at him by Coach Pop!

+ 1 here.The key is to beat Italy and Congo. Serbia would be a tall order for Gilas; but who knows bilog din ang bola sa China!

Nanaginip ako tinalo natin yung Italy at Serbia! tapos tinalo daw tayo ng Congo! sa pagod na rin ng Gilas...Hahaha! but that's me anda my dream.

Edited by kamvilarn

The Italian National Basketball Team name in their mother tongue sir. Kung baga sa atin Gilas Pilipinas ang tawag sa kanila naman yan.

I see. There are three current or former NBA players playing for Italia namely, Danilo Gallinari of OKC, Mario Belinelli of San Antonio and Luigi Datome, formerly Boston. Against this team and Serbia, Gilas will have to play on an otherworldly level just like what they did against Croatia, Argentina and Puerto Rico in the 2014 Worlds. I still remember that painful loss against Croatia. I really thought we had a chance at beating one of Europe's best teams.

Belinelli is not a good defender by any stretch of the imagination so unless they play zone, Yeng should instruct whoever Belinelli is guarding to attack the basket.

Edited by will robie

Angola po kalaban hindi Congo, sabagay panaginip lang naman yan e.. Hihihi

Copy Sir. Angola po pala..thanks.

I see. There are three current or former NBA players playing for Italia namely, Danilo Gallinari of OKC, Mario Belinelli of San Antonio and Luigi Datome, formerly Boston. Against this team and Serbia, Gilas will have to play on an otherworldly level just like what they did against Croatia, Argentina and Puerto Rico in the 2014 Worlds. I still remember that painful loss against Croatia. I really thought we had a chance at beating one of Europe's best teams.

Belinelli is not a good defender by any stretch of the imagination so unless they play zone, Yeng should instruct whoever Belinelli is guarding to attack the basket.

I agree on his flawed defense, however CYG should instruct to guard Marco B and shadow him all the way...hinde oobra yung half cook defense malupit shooting ni Belinelli;baka kainin tayo ng buhay pag nilagnat siya.

I think key will be how well team pilipinas would be able to play the long ball...

Or at the very least play D till thy kingdom come...We have to keep it close like that infamous game versus Croatia back in 2014.