Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

FINALLY! Thank you ASI!

Kahit member ka ng MVP team, you said it well and good.

Its time to change this Thread name too - PAGING MODS, PLEASE CHANGE THIS THREAD TO "TEAM PILIPINAS"

End of Gilas era as Guiao boys declare: 'Call us Team Pilipinas'

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/end-of-gilas-era-as-guiao-boys-declare-call-us-team-pilipinas-a2437-20180907

MEMO from Asi Taulava: Don't call this group Gilas Pilipinas.

The 45-year-old slotman issued the clarification on Thursday as he made the distinction between this Yeng Guiao-coached Philippine team to the previous iterations of the national team.

"First of all, I wanna correct that. This is coach Yeng's time. Under coach Yeng's time, we want to be known as Team Pilipinas," he said.

Taulava said that moving on from the "Gilas" brand is integral as Philippine basketball looks ahead to its future, starting in the second round of the 2019 Fiba World Cup Asian qualifiers this September.

"You know Gilas, that's in the past. It's time to change the image of Philippine basketball. We want to go away with those moniker names and things like that," he said.

FINALLY! Thank you ASI!

Its time to change this Thread name too - PAGING MODS, PLEASE CHANGE THIS THREAD TO "TEAM PILIPINAS"

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/end-of-gilas-era-as-guiao-boys-declare-call-us-team-pilipinas-a2437-20180907

The 45-year-old slotman issued the clarification on Thursday as he made the distinction between this Yeng Guiao-coached Philippine team to the previous iterations of the national team.

"First of all, I wanna correct that. This is coach Yeng's time. Under coach Yeng's time, we want to be known as Team Pilipinas," he said.

Taulava said that moving on from the "Gilas" brand is integral as Philippine basketball looks ahead to its future, starting in the second round of the 2019 Fiba World Cup Asian qualifiers this September.

"You know Gilas, that's in the past. It's time to change the image of Philippine basketball. We want to go away with those moniker names and things like that," he said.

mabuti naman wala na si chup kaya siguradong maganda na ang itatakbo ng team pilipinas. kita mo nga naman...si chup lang pala ang pampagulo dyan. sigurado akong di hahampasin ni coach yeng ang dibdib niya at sisigaw ng "PUSO"!!!

Gregzilla will stalk Haddadi. Beat Iran! Beat, beat Iran! This means we can have the Kraken and Gregzilla moving forward. I think Yeng should consider having either Kai, AJ, Ricci and Kobe alternately in FIBA tournaments since these four will form the backbone of the national team in the future.

Edited by will robie

If were Yeng, I would choose Stand and not Stan as the naturalized player. Pringle still has to be broken in in terms of the international game. Stand, meanwhile, knows how to play the international game, is a scrapper and has high basketball IQ.

Ang plano ata ni coach yeng si standhardinger sa iran, si pringle naman against qatar or vice versa.

Ang plano ata ni coach yeng si standhardinger sa iran, si pringle naman against qatar or vice versa.

Puede din pero mas hasa si Stand sa international game. Si Stan, dapat hasain pa as evidenced by his dribble drive turnovers against China and Korea in crucial stages of the game.

By the time our team is loaded with shooters, it will be renamed to Pilipinas Firing Squad

FINALLY! Thank you ASI!

• Like (+1) 1

I'm so excited.. Clear na si Greg.. sa next window may JMF pa tayo tapos CStand at Aguilar. BRUUUUUHHH!!

pwde ba palitan itong forum na ito ng TEAM PILIPINAS?

End of Gilas Era na daw eh...

Eh yung LABAN PILIPINAS! PUSO! ano kaya ipapalit ni Yeng?

PARA SA BAYAN! LABAN! hehe

Since si coach Yeng na yung coach pwede na palitan ng puso ng pendong hehe

• Like (+1) 1

I'm so excited.. Clear na si Greg.. sa next window may JMF pa tayo tapos CStand at Aguilar. BRUUUUUHHH!!

pwde ba palitan itong forum na ito ng TEAM PILIPINAS?

End of Gilas Era na daw eh...

Eh yung LABAN PILIPINAS! PUSO! ano kaya ipapalit ni Yeng?

PARA SA BAYAN! LABAN! hehe

Yeng does not delve in drama unlike his predecessor. Yan ang gusto ko kay Yeng. No nonsense and just coaches and does not resort to breast beating or shouting. Well, he shouts when players get lost in plays pero tahimik lang siya most of the time.

• Like (+1) 1

Ayos na tayo with the fiba clearance for greg. we will have a strong frontline with a healthy junemar, greg, japeth and standhardinger (as naturalized player). di na kailangan si blatche. pwede pa natin idagdag diyan sina erram at almazan. then let's surround these big guys with shooters like lassiter, lee, cabagnot and wright. defensive stopper in the person of gabe, a rebounding demon in scottie. anak ng putakte!!! pwede na tayong humingi ng rebanse sa china.

• Like (+1) 2

Gregzilla will stalk Haddadi. Beat Iran! Beat, beat Iran! This means we can have the Kraken and Gregzilla moving forward. I think Yeng should consider having either Kai, AJ, Ricci and Kobe alternately in FIBA tournaments since these four will form the backbone of the national team in the future.

In my earlier post when I first posted about Greg's playing as a local, Kai and AJ should be included in the line up alternately with the Kraken and Gregzilla being the sages to sharpen these two behemoths.

Ayos na tayo with the fiba clearance for greg. we will have a strong frontline with a healthy junemar, greg, japeth and standhardinger (as naturalized player). di na kailangan si blatche. pwede pa natin idagdag diyan sina erram at almazan. then let's surround these big guys with shooters like lassiter, lee, cabagnot and wright. defensive stopper in the person of gabe, a rebounding demon in scottie. anak ng putakte!!! pwede na tayong humingi ng rebanse sa china.

I would not mind if it is Clarkson, chief, who is the naturalized player.
  • Like (+1) 1

Yeng does not delve in drama unlike his predecessor. Yan ang gusto ko kay Yeng. No nonsense and just coaches and does not resort to breast beating or shouting. Well, he shouts when players get lost in plays pero tahimik lang siya most of the time.

we're all set to go chief. no need for blatche. we have a 7 footer who will hound and give haddadi headaches. i just wished that we have the benefit of time to prepare. nonetheless, we have the personnel and the coach (salamat wala na si mr. puso) to bring us to the top of asian basketball. no breast beating...no theatrics. just no nonsense basketball with a little sermon on the side :) :) :)

• Like (+1) 1

we're all set to go chief. no need for blatche. we have a 7 footer who will hound and give haddadi headaches. i just wished that we have the benefit of time to prepare. nonetheless, we have the personnel and the coach (salamat wala na si mr. puso) to bring us to the top of asian basketball. no breast beating...no theatrics. just no nonsense basketball with a little sermon on the side :) :) :)

I was never sold on Chot. If it was Yeng or Tab who coached us in 2013, gold tayo.

• Like (+1) 1

In my earlier post when I first posted about Greg's playing as a local, Kai and AJ should be included in the line up alternately with the Kraken and Gregzilla being the sages to sharpen these two behemoths. I would not mind if it is Clarkson, chief, who is the naturalized player.

yes...we still have kai and aj waiting. wouldn't it be better chief if jordan plays as a local? susmaryosep...greg, junemar, standhardinger, japeth, and the rest with jordan (as a local)...damn!!! mamili na si coach yeng diyan. walang itatapon diyan.

I was never sold on Chot. If it was Yeng or Tab who coached us in 2013, gold tayo.

amen to that my friend :) anyway, looking forward we're good to go :)

yes...we still have kai and aj waiting. wouldn't it be better chief if jordan plays as a local? susmaryosep...greg, junemar, standhardinger, japeth, and the rest with jordan (as a local)...damn!!! mamili na si coach yeng diyan. walang itatapon diyan.

amen to that my friend :) anyway, looking forward we're good to go :)

Yup, chief. It would be better if JC can play as a local. We won't need a naturalized player since we have a legit NBA rotation player. Sayang at wala si Fajardo but we have to play the card dealt to us. Let's face it, the SMC group has the better players than the MVP group. In my opinion, the SBP favored the players in the MVP group. Edited by will robie
  • Like (+1) 1

Madali kase mahila ng mvp grouo pag sarili nula players... Im not defending but irecognize din natin contribution nila.. We were suspended sa fiba in early 2000s di magkasundo mga namumuno.. Malaking factor si mvp para naayus un...

Anyway, sabi nga new era na.. Step up.. Ptaas ng pataas.. Go team Pilipinas.

Problem with the initial versions, parang di narecognize help ng ibang pba teams... tingin ko nagkairingan dun... i do agree na malaki natulong ng mvp teams at mismo ni mvp...

Bury that and let's look forward to Team Pilipinas!

Wishlist ko pa rin

Greg, junmar, japeth, sanggalang, almazan, la, lassiter, wright, norwood, mgr,parks,brownlee...

Back up si poy, belga, chan, ross