Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

They are assumptions based on facts. The FIBA-Worlds version of Gilas was much superior to the team that Tab handled with a couple of "has-beens". Read and understand my post. The context of my post was the composition of the team.

yes the gilas team that represented the philippines in the fiba world in spain was the cream of the crop...the best players the pba could offer not to mention blatche being possibly in his best form then. pahirapan pang nabuo yung kay coach tab. i'm just not sure but were there resentments on the part of some of the gilas players at that time because coach tab was a foreigner?

• Like (+1) 1

The coming Saturday, December 9, FIBA will make the momentous and historic decision on the host country for the 2023 World Cup.

With Turkey and Russia backing out of their bids, the groups vying for the hosting rights for basketball’s biggest tournament, has come down to two blocs – Argentina/Uruguay and the Philippines/Indonesia/Japan.

The Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas plans to amp the social media noise level to worldwide proportions with the hashtag #playlouderin2023. With the Philippines acknowledged as a social media capital of the world, SBP hopes that the Philippines will take the lead in this “social media noise barrage” along with the partner countries who will also undertake their local promotional efforts.

With the help of media and the Filipino people, the SBP hopes to make the world know of what the game of basketball and what hosting basketball’s most prestigious event means in this side of the world.

“We need the support of the Filipino people once more and we need the media to get the word out about our dream to host one of the world’s most prestigious sporting events – the FIBA World Cup along with our friends and partners from Indonesia and Japan,” said SBP President Alfredo S. Panlilio.

“We need everyone to use #playlouderin2023 in their social media platforms from Facebook to Instagram to Twitter and what have you on Friday the 8th of December 2017 just as the SBP delegation is making one last pitch to FIBA. Make the world know that we are going to put on the best show.”

“The SBP is constantly and continuously looking for ways to evangelize the sport to our basketball-crazy nation. We have seen how the 2013 FIBA Asia Championships brought our country to a worldwide spotlight as we placed our best foot forward as as a major sports destination.”

“Hosting the 2023 FIBA World Cup will not only bring prestige to our country and this part of Asia but will be a boon for sport not to mention will spark local economies,” added SBP Executive Director Sonny Barrios.

“The SBP is happy to take on this challenge which started as soon as we placed out bid for this event. We enjoin all the Filipino people to help out in this bid. You are our sixth man.”

To support this endeavor, Chooks-to-Go, the official partner of the SBP, wishes all Gilas fans to support this cause by making #PlayLouderIn2023 trend starting on Friday.

Bat nga ba natanggal (pinalitan ni Chot) si Tab? He's too gentleman to spill the beans, so to speak...

Tab Baldwin is not a good coach, he was biased with MVP teams and players, he seldomly used Japeth Aguilar and even benched him for the enitre game in one of their tournament. i would prefer coach Tim Cone to lead the Gilas team today.

The SBP should really bring back Tab as coach. Utang na loob, SBP, tanggalin niyo na si Chot if you know what is good for Philippine basketball.

chief ang puso mo hehehe seriously coach tab should be calling the shots for gilas if we were to see our dreams of making it to the world basketball map, specially now that the philippines is co-hosting the fiba world in 2013.let's not waste this opportunity.

exactly the point chief. inasmuch as the philippines will be co-hosting the tourney in 2013, wouldn't it just be prudent to now choose the best possible coach to layout the foundation? time is definitely on our side. that is 5 years to prepare...hence, there is no reason not to be able to form a well-prepared gilas team. baka naman cramming ulit tayo niyan...wala talagang mangyayari sa atin. if we want our participation to succeed then we must have to start early. to reiterate, we already have time and venue on our side.

I believe we can qualify since the number of teams that can qualify for the Worlds have been increased to 5 or 7. It is just that the coach needs to be replaced. If Tab coached us at the 2014 FIBA-Worlds, I'd say we beat Puerto Rico and Argentina and advanced to the next round. Of course, we would have gotten beaten in the second round but the point is we would have advanced to the second round.

with the right coach, the right players and sufficient preparation, i like our chances in 2023. emphasis is on the "RIGHT COACH"...tama na yung suntok sa dibdib na ginagawa ni mr. reyes Edited by junix
  • Like (+1) 1

I believe we can qualify since the number of teams that can qualify for the Worlds have been increased to 5 or 7. It is just that the coach needs to be replaced. If Tab coached us at the 2014 FIBA-Worlds, I'd say we beat Puerto Rico and Argentina and advanced to the next round. Of course, we would have gotten beaten in the second round but the point is we would have advanced to the second round.

and how about that game against croatia that went into overtime...truly a blown opportunity. had gilas won we would've shocked basketball world.

Nakita mo na, chief?

yes chief...p#ta napakatangkad na bata. i also saw him play at the blue eagle gym. this kid averages a double-double in the uaap juniors and almost 8 swats a game...and still improving. i tell you once he bulks up and polishes his game, parang tumama sa sweepstakes ang gilas. wag lang tayo mapopolitika tsk tsk tsk

I believe you. He's only 15 years old. He'll probably be 7'5 and he could well be the first Pinoy in the NBA if Kobe Paras does not beat him to it.

I think he should be coined the "SKai Scraper". :lol:

The SkyScraper of Ginebra, Marlou Aquino, is 5 inches shorter than him. He even dwarfs Gregzilla by three inches.

According to Tab, may 1 year pa siya sa ateneo. Hopefully, after that, the 5-year prep phase for the 2023 world cup would start already.

we already have the homecourt advantage in 2023 and definitely we have the right players to board the ship, i.e., kai, kobe, aj, junemar plus young pba players in wright, belo, pogoy, teng, kiefer, et al. now it's just a matter of choosing the "RIGHT" captain to man the ship. please lang sbp, wag nyong sayangin ito. tama na ang mga pasuntok-suntok sa dibdib. let's start early and on the right foot.

we already have the homecourt advantage in 2023 and definitely we have the right players to board the ship, i.e., kai, kobe, aj, junemar plus young pba players in wright, belo, pogoy, teng, kiefer, et al. now it's just a matter of choosing the "RIGHT" captain to man the ship. please lang sbp, wag nyong sayangin ito. tama na ang mga pasuntok-suntok sa dibdib. let's start early and on the right foot.

Confident ako kay kiefer at pogoy na maging prime point guards in the next few years.

Yes, and that captain is Tab, not Chot. We don't need to shout "puso" at the top of our lungs. That is so 2013. Nakakasawa na ang sigaw na yan, wala namang ginto. Tama na yung drama. It's time to win and Tab is the man for that. Kai would probably be still raw by that time but if he develops exponentially between now and 2023, we have ourselves a true-blue PInoy NBA player in Gilas.

Chot is better off as motivator...methinks, he still lacks total grasp of court strategy and adjustment savvy

• 3 weeks later...

That line-up is tall and talented. However, some of them may still be raw come 2023. Kobe could be the main man for Gilas by that time. I am excited at the prospect of "SKai Scraper" Sotto. He'll probably be 7'6 by the time he stops growing. He may be in the NBA by that time. Chot should just get the f#&k out of there. Hindi siya bagay magcoach sa mga batang ito. Si Tab dapat. African-Filipino ba si Tratter. He is a sub for Mbala in DLSU. I am not that sold on this guy. Sana si Ben African-Filipino para makalaro sa Gilas. A front line of Ben and the Kraken or Gregzilla would be devastating for Gilas.

we want chot!!! we want chot!!! we want chot.....OUT!!!!! nyahahaha sana mabasa mo ito chot 😁😁😁 honestly gilas is not lacking of talented players. what is really important is how to bring out the best and make these players work together.

• Like (+1) 1

Haha! The game against South Korea last year where we lost badly convinced me that making Chot coach Gilas was a monumental mistake. He didn't make adjustments against the pick and roll of the Koreans who ran that play ad infinitum. Chot, if you still love Gilas, si Tab na pacoach mo. Let's face it, malayo ka kay Tab sa coaching. The truth hurts.

exactly chief. nakakabanas!!! throughout the game he did not make any adjustments. pinaglaruan tayo ng mga koreano. i'm not saying that had coach tab coached gilas at that time it would've been a sure win...but at least coach tab surely would've made the appropriate adjustments against that deadly pick and roll.

• Like (+1) 1

SBP should really use their collective brains in choosing the coach. Our next game is against the Aussies and if Chot is still the coach and we lose against them, I will blame the SBP on this.

sayang talaga...we have the right crew (for the present and for the future). we just have to pick the right captain for the ship. gising-gising sbp!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Di naman sa dinedefend pero medyo mahirap yung game sa aussies kasi malakas yung team na yung and well-prepared. Our team is not even practising regularly.

I think that for Tab to succeed, he needs some time to prepare. Kita nyo naman, his principles are often to teach players to play multiple ways para there can always be a counter to the opposing game plan. More than SBP, i think that we need to hold everyone accountable - SBP, coaches, PBA, college leagues, Etc. dapat lahat willing magbigay. Di naman pwedeng lahat panalo. Kailangan corporations will give up players.