Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

I agree, its about time to replace Blatche, very predictive na ang bawat galaw nya. he's too slow and most of the time sa labas na lang sya naka pwesto palagi.

Hirap na hirap tayo manalo sa Japan at Chinese taipei while for Australia, it was just a walk in the park at ginawa lang nila practice game itong dalawang opponents nila.

how i wish na lumaban tayo ng husto against this powerhouse Australia this coming Feb 22 in Sidney.

I agree, its about time to replace Blatche, very predictive na ang bawat galaw nya. he's too slow and most of the time sa labas na lang sya naka pwesto palagi.

Hirap na hirap tayo manalo sa Japan at Chinese taipei while for Australia, it was just a walk in the park at ginawa lang nila practice game itong dalawang opponents nila.

how i wish na lumaban tayo ng husto against this powerhouse Australia this coming Feb 22 in Sidney.

i am all for gilas' fiba campaign...

but if we can't change blatche with austin, mukhang malabo. sa japan at taipei hirap na hirap na tayo. is it possible for stanhardinger to play as a filipino or need pa niyang pa-naturalize?

Agree that we should be on the look out to replace blatch with austin or a better defender and rebounder. Blatche's skill and shooting cannot be matched as of the moment, but his lack of defense and CONDITIONING, we have to be smarter for the Fiba WC. The first time we had Blatche, he was in post-NBA shape and we saw how great he was.

Austin is a great option but if we can get somebody with some strength and weight to really be a difference inside, it would be better. The principle that we had a bit of "success" in Spain was because Blatche was almost always an advantage since he was better than his match up most games. We need to get back to this.

We really need Gregzilla against the Boomers. Tab should coach Gilas again. Chot Reyes shouldn't even be coaching Gilas. It was really disappointing when Reyes didn't even make adjustments in defense when the Koreans were killing us in the pick and roll. Get rid of Chot.

i agree...and yes i am still puzzled why coach tab was replaced by chot. would be great to have greg in the gilas line-up...pero di ba may problema din sa papeles niya?

Yan ang hindi ko alam but since he plays for Ginebra as a local, I don't see any problem. But if there is, I don't know what that problem is. For the life of me, I don't know why Reyes is the coach. Palit na lang sila ni Tab. However, I don't know if ADMU would even make the Finals if Chot was the coach. :lol:

afaik he was not issued a passport until after he was 16. but it would be good for gilas if he'll be able to play. greg + junemar + japeth + a naturalized import would be a formidable frontline.

afaik he was not issued a passport until after he was 16. but it would be good for gilas if he'll be able to play. greg + junemar + japeth + a naturalized import would be a formidable frontline.

i'd gladly add fil-german christian standhardinger to that imposing frontline (if he can suit up for gilas).

as much as i love coach tab baldwin, i doubt he'd make an excellent coach of the current gilas program.

the simple reason is because the professional players he'll be dealing with in the national team are already finished products. their way of playing are already set in stone and it'll take a miracle to change their style and their mind set. that's why, in my opinion, his past stint as gilas head coach wasn't as productive

if you guys recall, it took baldwin some time to mold the blue eagles to what it is now. after 2-3 years of coach bo perasol handling the blue and white, he had to completely deconstruct the basketball psyche of the ateneo team, even to the extent of letting go of 7 talented players in the process. i reckon it wasn't so difficult to convince the current crop of blue eagles to change their ways since their young and impressionable w/ above average intelligence and having a relatively high basketball IQ. so making them understand what they needed to do to be contenders once again wasn't much of a struggle

Edited by mitochondrion

i'd gladly add fil-german christian standhardinger to that imposing frontline (if he can suit up for gilas).

Parang Greg at Christian same.. walang passport before 16..... Sayang kung pde lang sana....

Greg at Junemar center...Tapos Japeth at Christian PF.... pde gawin combination... pde rin... Greg/Junmar sentro tapos sabay si Christian at Japeth parehong forward.. hahaha...

I am advocate of a Fajardo/Slaughter front line. By the way, there is a 7-1 high school player from Ateneo who a New York Knick scout was raving about. He's the son of Ervin Sotto, a former Ginebra player. If a Knick scout is raving about him then he must be something.

you must be referring to kai sotto chief. he is a classmate of my son in junior high. really a tall kid. agile and has the moves of a basketball player. medyo lean pa ang frame. but when he reaches college and starts to bulk up he surely will be an asset to gilas.

Kobe and Kai will be the future of Gilas. We just need to have a legit shooter in the mold of Allan Caidic. Better to start training one. It is sad to note that until now no one even came close to Caidic.

with the proper training and international exposure, hopefully matthew wright can come close to the shooting skills of allan caidic.

after steering the blue eagles to a uaap championship with an inferior lineup (compared to the 2013 roster of kiefer, jp eram, newsome, pessumal, buenafe et al then coached by bo) this kiwi who has been coaching for more than 3 decades now is more deserving than mr. reyes to coach gilas. unfortunately napolitika si coach tab.

I think Greg is cleared already considering he played for Gilas 1 with the likes of Lassiter, Casio, etc.

He should be able to help. Think of it this way, if he were on Gilas 3 instead of Asi, baka nagpunta tayo lahat nG Brazil.

Also, speaking of Tab, the man is so professional and disciplined. He got an Ateneo team who lost 4 recruits to the finals and a championship this year.

The last time I checked, Baldwin led an "inferior" team to the silver medal in the 2015 FIBA-Asia. If he had the team Chot had in the FIBA-Worlds, Gilas would have won in the 2015 FIBA-Asia. It is shallow to think that Tab wouldn't be an excellent coach for Gilas.

schrodinger's cat.

and those are all overly simplified assumptions. save for iran (and probably sokor), you can't compare the quality of opposition in fiba-asia and fiba-worlds and say the talent levels on both tournaments are the same

as to the point i was making; here are direct quotes from The Man, coach tab himself: They did every single thing that was asked of them and they wanted more. And pros? They just wont do that. Theyre past that. I understand that, I was part of that world. With these guys, what makes them special is that they made themselves special.

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/uaap/news/tab-baldwin-ateneo-blue-eagles-uaap-champions-2017-season-80#Jc6IycRegkXIYiR7.99

now if gilas can get the right personnel that baldwin desires (should he get the head coaching position the 2nd time around) , then maybe we'll have a fighting chance. a probable mixture of fresh amateurs and mentally pliable, disciplined pros (especially big men) who aren't afraid of changing and going through another series of humiliating back-to-the-basics deconstruction of their respective games, the philippines may just make a dent in the international scene....but that'll take time. the question is, will the fans make time to wait?

Edited by mitochondrion

did coach tab see a chemistry issue with abueva? we never heard anything from coach tab after he was replaced by mr. reyes...no sourgraping...took everything in stride. truly a gentleman.

di kaya attitude problem...di lang kay abueva kung hindi sa pros? in yesterday's interview with coach tab, he made a jab at the pros for not doing things that are asked of them. may nakita ba siyang di kanais-nais which he wanted to change?

Edited by junix