Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

OFFTOPIC:

Pinaglaway lang ni Standhardinger mga PBA teams.. Good move for him kc pag pumasok sya ng PBA..makokontrol sya ng mother team nya at baka di pa sya makapaglaro sa Gilas in future..

http://www.spin.ph/basketball/news/gilas-fil-german-ace-christian-standhardinger-to-play-for-hk-eastern-lions-in-abl?utm_source=Facebook-Spin&utm_medium=Ownshare&utm_campaign=20170815-fbnp-basketball-in-abl-fbfirst

I agree with number one. I was screaming and jumping while the game was ongoing. That was the best game that I have seen Gilas play in so far. I am excited for that grudge match against Korea. Games against the Koreans always were the most exciting for me. In the 2002 Asiad, we were two free throws away from going against China and Yao Ming for the gold. However, Olsen Racela, normally a reliable free throw shooter, choked in the clutch and missed two free throws that set up a Lee Sang Min dagger at the buzzer. That loss was, by far, the most painful loss that I can remember.

this loss still lingers in my mind. ang sakit tanggapin..sorry loss indeed. philippines up by 2 with racela on the stripe. walang pumasok. at the other end, ball rolls to the hands of that korean...and the rest is history.

• Like (+1) 1

OFFTOPIC:

Pinaglaway lang ni Standhardinger mga PBA teams.. Good move for him kc pag pumasok sya ng PBA..makokontrol sya ng mother team nya at baka di pa sya makapaglaro sa Gilas in future..

http://www.spin.ph/basketball/news/gilas-fil-german-ace-christian-standhardinger-to-play-for-hk-eastern-lions-in-abl?utm_source=Facebook-Spin&utm_medium=Ownshare&utm_campaign=20170815-fbnp-basketball-in-abl-fbfirst

as long as the contract stipulates that he'll be able to play for gilas anytime even if the abl is ongoing, that will be fine for the philippines. nasa pba nga siya kung ipagdadamot naman siya ng mother team niya, mas hindi yata katanggap-tanggap yun. that's how life is in the pba. may nalalaman pa silang one player per team policy...and what if most of the players are in one team? lassiter would've been considered...slaughter and LA would've been, too.

If Junmar will indeed play and Chup will use his Height and Power to our advantage (quick seal, deep post plays) then Korea is in Grave Danger. Why? the koreans are a crisp passing running team but they dont have quality post up defenders. Thats why hindi nila kinakaya ang Iran dahil kay Haddadi. And with what i see on how the refs are calling the game, junmar will have a field day in the FT line.

I just hope ganito ang maging plano ni Chup Reyes, kung makikipagsabayan tayo ng shooting at takbuhan, delikado tayo IMHO.

Starting 5 - Junmar, Japhet, Gabe, Wright, Castro (A tall but still fast and flexible lineup)

as usual norwood has been a revelation. i'm just wondering why chot initially left him out in the gilas list. in the fiba worlds he showed that he can play against the best in the world. remember when he posterized scola with that slam? honestly i don't see anybody close who can replace gabe when he decides to retire. meron bang heir apparent? sana meron.