Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

2-0 for gilas. tingin ko nga pagdating ng 3rd quarter laylay na ang dila nung galloway...at lumaylay nga. di naka-score nung 3rd. slow start but it was just a matter of time. yung standhardinger...masipag talaga at magaling. and with the win, gilas is now assured of a quarterfinal slot.

Edited by junix

Standhardinger and T-Rome were big for us in the third. The Iraqis had a lot of energy in the first half and that kept them going. By the time the third quarter started, Gilas figured out Galloway. I haven't heard of Carl Bryan Cruz and Pogoy. D-League teams ba sila galing?

CBC and Pogoy are PBA rookies

What a waste of roster spots. They should have just given it to Slaughter and Clarkson.

madaling sabihin pero imposible pang mangyari.

Clarkson has yet to be approved by FIBA, who knows when or will it ever be.

Greg is with the SMC, the only company in the PBA that is so strict in the "1 player, 1 team policy", if you want greg, you need to remove japhet. and besides, kaka galing lang nun sa injury. That's why you have Jalalon instead of Maliksi dahil isa lang ang papayagan sa kanila maglaro and Chot opted for Jio (who is also a rookie in case you also didn't know)

If you have been following the PBA so closely, you would know that Pogoy is the future of Gilas, and CBC is the next RDO.

I see. So if Kobe Paras and Kiefer Ravena get drafted by Ginebra, Kobe, Kiefer and Japeth can play for Gilas based on what you said. This wasn't explained to me. I was basing my post on DLD's post that the PBA is strict about the "one player per team" policy.

The PBA has a rule of 1 player per team policy, created by the TEAM OWNERS, NOT NARVASA, BUT, hindi ka tatanggihan ng SBP kung gusto mo maglaan ng marami, tulad ng ibang team. Kaya inaakusahan ang SMC ng madamot at selfish dahil sila lang ang bukod tangi na gumagamit ng 1 player 1 team policy na pwede naman nilang baguhin "kung gusto" talaga nilang sumuporta ng all out sa Gilas.

karamihan ng nasa "wish list" ni Chup Reyes ay nasa SMC teams pero hindi niya makuha dahil nga sa policy na ito.

As I expected JAPAN (D2) vs KOREA(C3) for the playoffs. If we don't lose by 9pts (not sure) to Qatar today we will be top of our group and we will go directly to the quarterfinals and wait the winner for the JAPAN-KOREA game.

I just saw the KOREA vs New Zealand game. Korea won 76-75. Even though NZ lost Korea, Korea need to win by 9pts to get that top spot in Group C. I thought Korea might do it cause throughout the 1st half and halftime they lead by 10 pts. But in the start of the 3rd NZ played great defense and physical under the board and cut the lead. NZ played great press Defense. On offense the always rely on cut and drop pass to their bigs. Very physical and discipline team.

Btw New Zealand had a chance to win the game. They got the last posesion with 23 secs and they did not even attempt a shot. Maybe they already knew that they will still be on top of Group C even if they lost by 1pt.

Win or lose tonight vs Qatar, we'll go straight to the quarters, becoz we both defeated the prospective team who could tie us at 3-1 record; which are China and Iraq

This is the worst game, so far, of Gilas in this FIBA-Asia.

On a positive note, we can still win game/s even if our star guards Terrence and Jayson are misfiring and without a tall frontliners (our team being a relatively small team) in Christian and JuneMar

Edited by artedpro

Well, you have a point. It was our worst game and I would presume Qatar's best game. Even at our worst and Qatar at its best, we still won.

Guys, advice ko lang sa inyo

http://m.memegen.com/hik2iu.jpg

hahaha nandyan na naman yung bangag chief. ang tindi nito. di pa natutukhang ni gen. bato tsk tsk tsk

para di OT, how's the lineup of iran? is this the same lineup that beat us in the fiba asia here in manila?

japan would've been an easier opponent...but then we will never know how far our program has gone if we don't battle the biggies of asia. so kung korea yan, bring on korea. standhardinger, japeth and mr. rock and roll almazan must have to bring their A-game specially in manning the fort.

this will be a close game between korea and gilas. what i'm really concerned will be the outside sniping of the koreans. the koreans are really not that tall unlike the chinese. as long as wright, terrence, pogoy and cruz are on target, we will be in good stead. jayson's been off for 3 games now. i hope the game against korea will be a breakout game for him.