Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

fearless and a gutsy win by gilas. payback from two years ago. i know this is just the 1st game but we just pricked the defending champion's ego hahaha yan ba ang kulang ng preparasyon? no junmar...no blatche...pero may castro, japeth, standhardinger, wright at syempre si romeo.

pahabol lang...butata kay norwood yung no. 12 ng china. enforcer daw. bagsak siya kay the beast

We lost to China in 2015 because we didn't have quality big men which could have made life miserable for China's big guys. But the bigger factor was the home cooking. Lutong-luto yung laban as in well done. Asi Taulava and Sonny Thoss aren't exactly in the level of Aguilar and Fajardo. 2015 Asi wasn't exactly 2003 Asi. If Kraken and Japeth were there in 2015 instead of Thoss and Taulava with no home cooking, I think we win the 2015 FIBA Asia.

i still believe that had it not for those 3 stooges who officiated the game, we could've won the gold or at the very least had the game a lot more closer and who knows?...keep the game close and give yourself a chance to win in the end game.

• Like (+1) 1

The Beast and Raymond Almazan showed we wont be cowed by the mighty Chinese. Calvin retaliated (altho this caused his court ejection) on the behemoth's bullying and Raymond nonchalantly dunked as he posterized two giants, and he didn't budge a bit in holding the precious basketball in a scuffle.

Those instances probably surprised the Chinese. Actually, nung 2015 na host sila pumalag na rin tayo kaya lang talagang lutong-luto.

Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert was so impressed with the performance of Terrence Romeo. Planning to buy the contract of the Global Megastar and make a possible duo with DRose to replace Kyrie irving.

ikaw na naman? parang di ka na nakakaranas ng Tulog brod.. suki ka siguro ng mga parojinog? wag kang masyado magkatol brod

Yes, the disgusting home cooking was the bigger factor.

it was overcooked my friend...kung sa steak yan...well done hahaha but yesterday was different. officiating was satisfactory plus the pinoys were gutsy and fearless. our bigs were dunking over the tall chinese. let's see how we fare against the kiwis and the aussies, if ever we meet them.

Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert was so impressed with the performance of Terrence Romeo. Planning to buy the contract of the Global Megastar and make a possible duo with DRose to replace Kyrie irving.

brad dagdagan ko na lang yung binalita mo. kulang kasi. ang totoong dahilan ni dan gilbert kung bakit niya binibili yung kontrata ni terrence eh para may pangtapat ang cavs kina steph, klay at kd at para turuan c d-rose mag shoot. yan ang kumpletong balita. bangag ka pa rin nyahahaha

China's professional basketball league where their national

players came from are loaded with ex NBA players with the likes of Bonzi Well, Stephon Marbury to name a few that way they are exposed to playing a different level of basketball which I think is their advantage but talent wise we have the edge

Yes, it was. Nasunog na nga ang steak that is why that game left a bad taste in the mouth. :lol:

I am not familiar with the Aussies and the Kiwis but if we play the way we did against China, we have a puncher's chance. It seems that our boys play better with Chot as coach than Tab. Bakit kaya?

Blatche should be replaced with Jordan Clarkson. We have sufficient bigs to replace Blatche. Clarkson is a legitimate NBA rotation player who is a two-way player. He does not need to be naturalized since his mom is Filipina.

definitely...anytime you beat china that means something. you'll always have a puncher's chance of beating anyone in asia, the kiwis and aussies included. imo, with blatche in the lineup, gilas tends to play slower because he demands the ball. that win against china yesterday showed what teamwork can do. point production was spread equally.

Yes, it was. Nasunog na nga ang steak that is why that game left a bad taste in the mouth. :lol:

I am not familiar with the Aussies and the Kiwis but if we play the way we did against China, we have a puncher's chance. It seems that our boys play better with Chot as coach than Tab. Bakit kaya?

Blatche should be replaced with Jordan Clarkson. We have sufficient bigs to replace Blatche. Clarkson is a legitimate NBA rotation player who is a two-way player. He does not need to be naturalized since his mom is Filipina.

With the current Fiba format It would not be possible for Clarkson to play fpr Gilas as it is in conflict with the schedule of the NBA

I'd prefer Clarkson since he is a certified two-way player. Blatche is not exactly known for his defense.

The FIBA-Asia is played in August or September which is right smack in the middle of the NBA off season.

Qualifying stage I mean on the home and away format is between November to February

points that can lead to Gilas' defeat to Iraq later (wag naman sana mangyari...):

1. naubos ang energy sa China game; more often than not, a vey good showing will be followed y a lackluster game

2. Iraq will resort to roughousing- their tendency and 'specialty'

3. Iraq will parade a much better and taller naturalized player in Kevin Halloway

4. Romeo will be checked and will be frustrated; malas naman ang mga 3-point shooters; Iraq will employ the same zone defense by the Koreans which was effective

Methinks, though, long shot at tsamba lang panalo ng Iraq

points that can lead to Gilas' defeat to Iraq later (wag naman sana mangyari...):

1. naubos ang energy sa China game; more often than not, a vey good showing will be followed y a lackluster game

2. Iraq will resort to roughousing- their tendency and 'specialty'

3. Iraq will parade a much better and taller naturalized player in Kevin Halloway

4. Romeo will be checked and will be frustrated; malas naman ang mga 3-point shooters; Iraq will employ the same zone defense by the Koreans which was effective

Methinks, though, long shot at tsamba lang panalo ng Iraq

expect a no. of flops to be employed by the iraqis hahaha