Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Nice! Like I said, I think we can qualify. I guess the Gilas players in the pool are excited since they are gonna be performing in front of their countrymen. SBP should now move heaven and earth to include Clarkson and Slaughter in the final line-up.

agree...clarkson should be mvp's next mission. with blatche, clarkson, slaughter and a healthy junmar, i think gilas 4.0 will have a fighting chance to grab the last ticket to rio.

Edited by junix

I have a feeling Jordan Clarkson will play...He wants it, we want it, and FIBA would not be too hard to apply 'rules' (if there's still any that may bar Jordan) on us being a host and a sentimental and exciting returnee to the qualifying tournament.

However, the Lakers organization may somehow get into the way...Let's be hopeful we get positive development.

don't know how fiba will distribute the 18 countries but analyzing the participating countries (excluding the hosting nations), there are 15 (3 from africa, 3 from asia, 3 from the americas, 5 from europe and 1 from oceania). kung distributed equally, baka ang gawin ng fiba is for a hosting nation to have one from africa, one from the americas, one from asia and two from europe. pwede na natin itapon dito sa pilipinas ang angola for africa, maybe mexico or puerto rico representing the americas, japan or lebanon from asia, and croatia and greece (?) para naman sa europe.

gilas 4.0 definitely has the manpower to compete especially with homecourt advantage. sabi ko nga, if we only have the luxury of time. pero lalaban yan...LABAN PILIPINAS!!! PUSO!!!

European teams are always dangerous but we proved in the last FIBA Worlds that we can compete at this level. I think Clarkson will stamp his class in this tournament should he play.

definitely chief. we nearly won against croatia...we were there fighting against greece...and we didn't even have clarkson then. clarkson will be gilas' x-factor come july. make it happen boss MVP :)

don't know how fiba will distribute the 18 countries but analyzing the participating countries (excluding the hosting nations), there are 15 (3 from africa, 3 from asia, 3 from the americas, 5 from europe and 1 from oceania). kung distributed equally, baka ang gawin ng fiba is for a hosting nation to have one from africa, one from the americas, one from asia and two from europe. pwede na natin itapon dito sa pilipinas ang angola for africa, maybe mexico or puerto rico representing the americas, japan or lebanon from asia, and croatia and greece (?) para naman sa europe.

gilas 4.0 definitely has the manpower to compete especially with homecourt advantage. sabi ko nga, if we only have the luxury of time. pero lalaban yan...LABAN PILIPINAS!!! PUSO!!!

Throw all the africans team....for me mas ok na matchup sila...one from asia and one from the EU region...

Tama nga sabi ni chief mason...european teams ang mahirap na matchup...tho id prefer the croats kesa sa mga greeks...mas physical maglaro yun mga greeks eh...baka pagnagkapikunan eh magka bottle throwing incidents tayo sa MOA hehehe...

The kiwis play very physical also but slower than the greeks...kaya natin mga to...

Canada...with wiggins....nightmare matchup nga to..pero as long as nandyan si clarkson...unless biglang maglaro bigla si nash hehehe...

Definitely kelangan maglaro si clarkson...id say around 85% chance natin makakuha ng slot...kahit wala na si rayray...:) basta fajardo nandyan...and another bigman..just in case d pa pwede si RDO...

Si chot ibigay nlang sa opposing teams..para taga sipa ng upuan nila mwahahahaha

Edited by azraelmd

Throw all the africans team....for me mas ok na matchup sila...one from asia and one from the EU region...

Tama nga sabi ni chief mason...european teams ang mahirap na matchup...tho id prefer the croats kesa sa mga greeks...mas physical maglaro yun mga greeks eh...baka pagnagkapikunan eh magka bottle throwing incidents tayo sa MOA hehehe...

The kiwis play very physical also but slower than the greeks...kaya natin mga to...

Canada...with wiggins....nightmare matchup nga to..pero as long as nandyan si clarkson...unless biglang maglaro bigla si nash hehehe...

Definitely kelangan maglaro si clarkson...id say around 85% chance natin makakuha ng slot...kahit wala na si rayray...:) basta fajardo nandyan...and another bigman..just in case d pa pwede si RDO...

Si chot ibigay nlang sa opposing teams..para taga sipa ng upuan nila mwahahahaha

the good news here is rdo is ready to play next conference...meaning he has time to be fit and train with gilas. clarkson na lang talaga ang hinihintay...i'm sure MVP is on top of the situation.

the good news here is rdo is ready to play next conference...meaning he has time to be fit and train with gilas. clarkson na lang talaga ang hinihintay...i'm sure MVP is on top of the situation.

Good news nga...now lets wait for the final lineup....

While waiting...sino sino gusto nyong masali? Or give your ideal gilas 4.0 lineup...

Good news nga...now lets wait for the final lineup....

While waiting...sino sino gusto nyong masali? Or give your ideal gilas 4.0 lineup...

i believe 3 players should be shoo-ins here, blatche, clarkson and junmar. now if we add another big man and if qualified, sĺaughter should be the man. to man the backcourt with clarkson?...castro should be one of them. how about lassiter and romeo for spot-up shooters? other players in mind are abueva, norwood and aguilar.

LEBANON is out for OQT. TURKEY has been invited by FIBA and will replace LEBANON. Not entirely sure what the reason is. Maybe they opt out since in previous FIBA ASIA competitions LEBANON could not fund their national team.

http://www.fiba.com/news/italy-philippines-and-serbia-to-host-olympic-qualifying-tournaments-france-to-stage-womens-tournament

Well a much stronger team has replaced them :blink: .

Correct! Turkey's definitely a more dangerous team than Lebanon

LEBANON is out for OQT. TURKEY has been invited by FIBA and will replace LEBANON. Not entirely sure what the reason is. Maybe they opt out since in previous FIBA ASIA competitions LEBANON could not fund their national team.

http://www.fiba.com/news/italy-philippines-and-serbia-to-host-olympic-qualifying-tournaments-france-to-stage-womens-tournament

Well a much stronger team has replaced them :blink: .

A very very strong team....sana nde kasma turkey...hopefully we'll get japan...btw...di ba dapat kasama din iraq and korea?

Ito ang 12 Man List ko

First 5

Junemar

Blatche

Abueva

Clarkson

Castro

2nd Unit

Slaugther

Almazan

Norwood

Lassiter

Lee

the other 2

Chan

Aguilar

di tayo mawawalang ng shooter sa loob at big man

yan ang dirty dozen...if rdo is healthy and in shape, however, i'll probably give almazan's slot to him.

lee or romeo? nonetheless, either one of them will be an asset.

yan ang dirty dozen...if rdo is healthy and in shape, however, i'll probably give almazan's slot to him.

lee or romeo? nonetheless, either one of them will be an asset.

I'll go with Romeo, not becoz his better rather Paul isn't 100% 'healthy' ; and Romeo can pose scouting trouble due to his variety of offensive moves. Anyway, pag medyo out-of-synch si Romeo, Lassiter and Chan can pitch in.

Moreover, I believe Romeo is maturing and he fully understands his role in the team; moreso, he respects Coach Tab and his Kuyas a lot...

I'll go with Romeo, not becoz his better rather Paul isn't 100% 'healthy' ; and Romeo can pose scouting trouble due to his variety of offensive moves. Anyway, pag medyo out-of-synch si Romeo, Lassiter and Chan can pitch in.

Moreover, I believe Romeo is maturing and he fully understands his role in the team; moreso, he respects Coach Tab and his Kuyas a lot...

point well taken chief. lee hasn't been his usual self after that recent injury. besides kabisado na din ni coach tab si romeo and vice-versa.

Romeo also...never liked lee...overhype...plus as mentioned alam na ni romeo role nya plus si tabs din alam nya kung panong gagamitin si terrence...

Almazan? Nope....masyadong maliit sa pwesto nya(PF), masyadong mabagal at nde consistent outside shooting for SF....id prefer RDO parin....if not id go with troy rosario....there are some players na nde bagay talaga sa international games eh...

Before i never liked abueva...pero nun naglaro sa gilas...sya yun epitome ng puso talaga...but katulad din ng puso natin...pag sobrang emotional out of control na...his stint sa gilas would hopefully have him more in control of his game...