Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Gusto ko din si Romeo paps, kaso kelangan natin ng catch and shoot-type na guard.

ang maganda nga kay Terrence, bata pa. I think he could work off the ball given that Jayson's bringing up the ball at point

I'll go with Stanley Pringle over Paul Lee.

Mas accurate 3 point shooting at malaking guard din :)

not eligible papi

Ping over japhet? Unless ping suddenly became a 6-8 player....

Almazan? Pass ako dito...

Ian? Too slow...

Arwind? Nope...undersized as power forward, not athletic enough for SF...and his 3 point shoiting si erratic for SG...

Sadly yun mga ibang star players ng PBA natin nde bagay sa international games...e.g yap,david, santos,LA,and id even include paul lee...

Agree...

Sa international games...yun frontcourt natin dapat malalaki at mabibilis...youve seen how our undersized frontcourt fared against china and iran...sa asia palang yan...iba na pag pang world...or olympics...

And unless makakahanap tayo ng matangkad at kasing athletic ni japhet...he should be included sa gilas..besides sabihin lang sa kanya..magrebound and magdefend and hit the occasional mid range ok na...

You might want to include another bigs...with the recent injury kay RDO...manipis na naman frontcourt natin..

I'll go with Stanley Pringle over Paul Lee.

Mas accurate 3 point shooting at malaking guard din :)

Same with tautaa...and also greg...unless na payagan ng FIBA...theyre not eligible...

agree on this observation. imo, lutz or rayray would be a better fit than chan. both can be depended on defense and offense.

Yes...+10000

Giant Fil-Aussie kid applies for PH passport, dreams of Gilas stint

The Kirkness family has long been dreaming of Ethan playing for Batang Gilas and hopefully the men’s senior team in the future.

http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/sports/20151104/ethan%20kirkness%20with%20family.jpg

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2015/11/04/1518354/giant-fil-aussie-kid-applies-ph-passport-dreams-gilas-stint

well, it's good that Kirkness finally decided to get that Philippine passport. He was rumored to being a future Boomer but I just hope he's not all height altogether and develops there in Australia.

Even if Slaughter is available, i'd still prefer a Blatche-Fajardo-de Ocampo-Aguilar front court. The game today is all about "pace and space" with bigs having the ability to consistently shoot 3s or at least from the midrange. Gilas has had good success with Ranidel as a stretch 4 even during the World Cup when we faced taller opponents (hope he gets back better than ever! :) ). There's a reason the Gilas coaching staff does not play him at SF - he's not quick enough. Aguilar also is content roaming the midrange then cutting in as an occasional target for lob passes. He won't clog the lane for Junmar, Blatche or the driving guards.

I say put in Slaughter only if Fajardo is not available to join Gilas.

Just my two cents.

What could Coach Tab has seen on Ian Sangalang? A good back-to-the-basket operator wouldn't have success in FIBA tournaments. Think Danny Ildefonso, Vergel Meneses, and even Alvin Patrimonio...

JuneMar is a different specie...He may also have that back-to-the-basket repertoire, but he's way heavier and taller.

Maybe his grit, attitude, ... any thoughts?

i'm just hoping that Kobe Paras, Rayray Parks, Pringles and Tautuaa can still qualify to join next year for GIlas 4.0.

can we just imagine if coach tab will have at his disposal blatche, clarkson, rayray, kobe, tautua, stanley, fajardo, slaughter, castro, abueva. i think it's just the chemistry that coach tab will have to work on.

• 1 month later...

Sana Clarkson can play, his confidence is building up. And with Andray (and Jason Castro) together on the court, Gilas would be a tough nut to crack

Hope Blatche is in better shape this time around though. And that Romeo becomes more acclimated to international play. Feel ko parang Tenorio yung route niya eh: was great sa Jones Cup but shrunk during FIBA play.

Should we host one of the Olympic qualifiers with a line-up starring Clarkson, Slaughter, Fajardo and Blatche, I now am inclined to think we can qualify. Had Kraken and Gregzilla been in China last year, I think we would have clobbered China and won the gold. Yi and that matchstick of a player, number 15, may be taller but I don't think they could handle the bigger Kraken and Gregzilla. That line-up that Tab fielded last year wasn't the best line-up. The Rock was already a has-been, the Boss was not consistent and seemed lost, and Ganuelas just didn't have the game for these types of tournaments. Hontiveros was the only one among them who seemed to fit with Gilas but he disappeared in the gold-medal game

can we just imagine a gilas team made up of clarkson, blatche, fajardo, slaughter, castro, abueva, norwood, romeo, lassiter, aguilar and even a healthy de ocampo. china would've eaten dust even with those handpicked chefs...refs pala hehehe