• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a chance to go to Cagbalete island last year. The waters are super clear kahit mejo malalim na yun nga lang marami ng weeds when you go further. Madalas lang mag low tide. But its good when the tides are normal. Its like your 3rd mini Boracay. Whitish grey sand, clear waters. Good for snorkeling and divings. We went to Joven's Resort.

• 2 weeks later...

i made an intro dive years before in davao city and i enjoyed it very much

a marine biologist friend of mine made me think of diving regularly since he thinks that we cannot enjoy our coral reefs for for long because of climate change, pollution, blast fishing, etc. so he advised me to take up diving again before it's too late

mukhang ok iyang scyba buddies. i'll look it up :)

• 1 year later...

I love snorkelling. Kahit panget beach, I still do. I sometimes snorkel on murky lakes too just for the thrill of it. I had a pair of really old Cressi set that served me for 5 years. When it started leaking, I decided to try one of those full face mask like the one below.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/manta-thenice-m2068g-180-degree-full-face-high-quality-silicone-material-revolutionary-snorkel-dry-mask-lxl-black-free-1-pair-earplugs-i215193226-s279301193.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlistcategory.list.19.cc59dd29Jx0VRE&search=1

ONE OF THE WORST DECISIONS OF MY LIFE. Narrow airway restricted breathing while swimming. Lens fogs like hell as you breathe out on the same mask, no way to remove the fog ("rinsing" it while submerged does not solve the problem), Water does not enter the snorkel and no need to blow air out upon surfacing, BUT INHALING AIR WAS A CHORE. Parang may hika.

The only good thing about it was the go-pro mount and cheap price (that I could have saved and got a traditional snorkel. )

Anyway, yun lang.

• 1 month later...