Post a Question to the USER BELOW You, Vol 13.

ayasadai

As much as I'd like to say civilian ownership should be forbidden, the increasing need for security nowadays prompts seeking a manageable compromise. Bottom line is, maybe we can start by going against carried firearms, although it cannot be denied there is that right to self-defense at home. Civilians can still own guns, but only within the context of home self defense. Any firearms carried outside of the home should be illegal. That way, security can hopefully prevent tragedies like Ms. Grimmie's murder or other shootings.

I mean, it might just be harsh as this means security or the authorities will just about arrest anyone with a firearm carried in public, and that those in opposition would definitely counter by saying the increased threat of armed thugs or even terrorists prompts the need for public deterrence or self-defense. However in my opinion, by allowing authorities to confiscate or apprehend anyone with a firearm in public would also allow authorities the opportunity to curb the threat of them in the first place. That way, hopefully security officials can curb the shootings by instantly preventing any such instrument of violence from being in place, whether they be warranted or not, as a preventive measure. On the other hand the need for self-defense in public can and must be replaced with better nonlethal means.

Of course, that would depend on how tight security is. Better increased security than banning civilian ownership legally and in turn probably getting lax security. But, that's my two cents. We can start from there.

How about you?

Edited by MrChase

I think laws are adequate in PH re gun control - you need to get a license to carry firearms, and you're generally not allowed to bring them outside the house except in a few cases. It's the enforcement that's weak, especially in areas where tribal and feudal tendencies still prevail.

Farthest place you have traveled?

No beach this past summer, but only fallsineering and spelunking -- Balagbag falls in Malapad, Real Quezon and in Tinipak, Daraitan, Tanay, Rizal

The last memorable beach adventure was last year where I jumped off a cliff in Sulok Beach, General Nakar, Quezon, but I won't do it again. :)

How's the weather in your place?

Iko Iko, any variant of the song.

Was there ever a song you heard for a long while but never really knew what the title was (until recently)?

OffTopic: Hi DE, I hope everything turns out okay. Cheers and good vibes. :)

Edited by MrChase
  • Like (+1) 1