Memphis Grizzlies

jedimaster

• 7 months later...

So far, when the Heat lose, they lose big. Memphis bamboozled them.

it was memphis with a barrage of 3s instead of the heat while zach and gasol were monsters on the boards. if the grizzlies could sustain their brand of play, i'll not be surprised if they'll again come out as a darkhorse in the west.

I agree. You have two bigs who can post up in Randolph and Gasol. The size of the Grizzlies overwhelmed the Spurs in the playoffs two seasons ago.

exactly...with those 2 bigs posting up and wreaking havoc on the boards plus snipers who can hit the 3s, malayo ang mararating nito. no bigtime superstar...just plain and simple team ball. impressive win over miami.

This team can make James work hard on both ends of the floor because on the defensive end, James has to guard either Gay or Randolph, both of whom are scorers.

absolutely true...that's what happened today. james had a hard time guarding gay or randolph. even udonis could not contain zach. kinain si james ng buhay and his offense sucked because of this.

Six straight wins by the West's second best team as they beat the reigning Western Conference champs. Gay and Randolph again torching their opponents. If New York has Amare, Melo and Chandler, this team has Gasol, Randolph and Gay. This team has, arguably, the best frontline in the West.

imagine...in just a matter of days, grizzlies beat both the eastern and western conference champions. 6 game winning streak...impressive run.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've always supported my team. Rudy Gay never really fit Grizzlies style from the get go. Memphis needs a go to guy for those buzzer beaters and that is not Rudy Gay's style of play. He's more like Jun Limpot, a guy who scores a lot but is never comfortable in the last 2 minutes, and definitely in the last shot. Plus he got waay overpaid.

I wish Grizzlies use the money to lure back OJ Mayo. He was a great fit. And also Grievis Vasquez. For all my support to this team, Mike Conley will not be able to steer this team to the Western Conference Finals, but I hope he does. This is because he is a member of the smile-with-teeth-showing league as founded by Melo Anthony. This league don't take games seriously even when the going gets tough. They still can find ways to smile-with-teeth-showing. Just ask league member Dwight Howard.

To be able to get to the top, one must get serious. Keving Garnett frowned and got mad and he got his ring with Celtics; Dirk Nowitki frowned and got mad and he got his ring; Lebron James frowned and got mad and he got his ring. If player smile-with-teeth-showing, then no ring.

The thing is, Grizzlies have lots of frowners and mad angry people like Marc Gasol, Zach Randolph. They just need a point guard who is serious and angry demeanor like Chris Paul and Russel Westbrook.

• 1 month later...

nice win by memphis over the clips today. grizzlies can close out their series right in their homecourt in game 6. i will have to agree with what sam mitchel said after game 5 that the combo of gasol and z-bo is the best center/pf partnership in the nba today.

I agree. The Grizzlies had the win in the bag but turnovers in the dying moments of the game cost them dearly.

could've been 2-0 by now...but then a split on okc's home floor is better than a 0-2 deficit going to memphis for game 3.