Admu Vs. Dlsu

cyrus08

Yup yun nga daw ang balita. Do you think he will get better as a center now that he stepped into a much bigger (collegiate) league?

i think he will be better if he stays in smart gilas rather than suit up for the blue eagles (he has 2 years remaining in college, and smart gilas will be until 2012)

I would have to say ADMU since they won back to back. They still have Buenafe, Salva, Salamat. The real test would come during the UAAP season and not on the Flying V tournament. For me this tournament is just a tune up for collegiate teams.

Edited by Vegasboy32

bali wala ang Filoil. Parang practice lang lahat yan. Ang may halaga lamang ang UAAP. Doon magkakaalaman kung sino ang mas magaling. Ang lamang ng Ateneo si Black. Si Dindo may nunal sa lugar hindi sinisikatan ng araw. Parating talunan yan.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/gma/20100513/tph-4-rp-universities-remain-among-top-2-d6cd5cf.html

4 RP universities remain among top 200 Asian schools

GMANews.TV

GMANews.TV - Friday, May 14

* Send

* IM Story

* Print

Four Philippine universities made it again to the Top 200 Asian universities list of consultancy Quacquarelli Symonds Ltd. (QS) for 2010, even as this is not really a cause for celebration in a country with about 2,000 institutions of higher education.

Leading the Philippine schools is the Jesuit-run Ateneo de Manila University, which tied Taiwan's National Central University at the 58th spot. Ateneo rose from the 84th spot it occupied last year.

State-run University of the Philippines' rank fell from 63 to 78, while University of Santo Tomas ranked 101st, an advance from its former 144th spot.

De la Salle University suffered the worst blow among the four Philippine universities, falling from the 76th spot to land at 106th.

In measuring quality, QS used the following criteria: Asian academic peers (30 percent), papers per faculty (15 percent), citations per paper (15 percent), student-faculty ratio (20 percent), Asian employer review (10 percent), international faculty (2.5 percent), international students (2.5 percent), inbound exchange students (2.5 percent), and outbound exchange students (2.5 percent).

Rounding up the top 10 universities are the following:

1. University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong) 2. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Hong Kong) 3. National University of Singapore (Singapore) 4. The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong) 5. The University of Tokyo (Japan) 6. Seoul National University (South Korea) 7. Osaka University (Japan) 8. Kyoto University (Japan) 9. Tohoku University (Japan) 10. Nagoya University (Japan)

The complete list is posted on QS' Asian University Rankings.

Japan had the most number of schools on the list at 56, followed by South Korea at 42, China at 40.

Some universities from the Philippines’ neighboring states like Malaysia, Indonesia , Taiwan, and Thailand ranked higher than the four Philippine schools which made it to the top 200.—JV, GMANews.TV

http://ph.news.yahoo...-2-d6cd5cf.html

GMANews.TV

* Send

* IM Story

* Print

Four Philippine universities made it again to the Top 200 Asian universities list of consultancy Quacquarelli Symonds Ltd. (QS) for 2010, even as this is not really a cause for celebration in a country with about 2,000 institutions of higher education.

Leading the Philippine schools is the Jesuit-run Ateneo de Manila University, which tied Taiwan's National Central University at the 58th spot. Ateneo rose from the 84th spot it occupied last year.

State-run University of the Philippines' rank fell from 63 to 78, while University of Santo Tomas ranked 101st, an advance from its former 144th spot.

De la Salle University suffered the worst blow among the four Philippine universities, falling from the 76th spot to land at 106th.

In measuring quality, QS used the following criteria: Asian academic peers (30 percent), papers per faculty (15 percent), citations per paper (15 percent), student-faculty ratio (20 percent), Asian employer review (10 percent), international faculty (2.5 percent), international students (2.5 percent), inbound exchange students (2.5 percent), and outbound exchange students (2.5 percent).

1. University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong) 2. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Hong Kong) 3. National University of Singapore (Singapore) 4. The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong) 5. The University of Tokyo (Japan) 6. Seoul National University (South Korea) 7. Osaka University (Japan) 8. Kyoto University (Japan) 9. Tohoku University (Japan) 10. Nagoya University (Japan)

Japan had the most number of schools on the list at 56, followed by South Korea at 42, China at 40.

Some universities from the Philippines' neighboring states like Malaysia, Indonesia , Taiwan, and Thailand ranked higher than the four Philippine schools which made it to the top 200.—JV, GMANews.TV

Definitely a big blow to DLSU. But, it's quite true that La Salle's quality of education is no longer as good as it used to be. Wake up call to the university.

As an Atenean myself, I can say that our school has also regressed in terms of its quality. Back in my time, the sections in HS were only from A-J, each having around 35 students per class. Nowadays, if I am not mistaken, the sections have reached letter N and has more than 35 students per class. I just hope that the quality hasn't decreased that much due to the higher student per teacher ratio. I am thinking of enrolling my kids to their brother university, Xavier.

i think the biggest challenge of a school or university, is how to overcome publicity as well as commercialization over doing what should be done or accomplish.

tendency is its more becoming a business and entirely business versus developing students. as well as finding new innovative ways in education. the world aint the same as it was 10-20 years ago, so there should also be changes in how we are being groom to the future.

one thing is that if anyone notice, education lead us to becoming more and more efficient tax payers. as tax and other things that affect cost of living goes up. aside from working the "Job" we "know" what else is there we can do? the word lets start business or stocks etc etc but what is out there?

lastly im sure many of us are reading a lot of books, some like robert kiyosaki or stephen covey etc etc and true their books have good or even valuable insights and teachings but can we distinguish the books that they write to be really helpful. one should know that this people write for a living. like me i find kiyosaki books to be just running around circles and honestly gave up reading his books.

thats just me :D

Edited by launchpad

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/gma/20100513/tph-4-rp-universities-remain-among-top-2-d6cd5cf.html

GMANews.TV

* Send

* IM Story

* Print

Some universities from the Philippines’ neighboring states like Malaysia, Indonesia , Taiwan, and Thailand ranked higher than the four Philippine schools which made it to the top 200.—JV, GMANews.TV

May cheating na naman dito sa results :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

For a time, akala ko academic ranking ang pag-uusapan. Pero corny yon dahil -

Sa Ateneo, mahirap ang Philo

Sa UP, mahirap ang Math

Sa UST mahirap kapag malakas ang ulan, tiyak baha.

Sa La Salle mahirap makahanap ng parking.

Pero balik tayo sa basketball.

Habang maraming natuwa na nadamay si Franz sa pagdapa ni GMA, ang takot natin, baka magbalik sa La Salle. Baka nakatabi na siya sa magulang niya at bumubulong kay Bunso.

Tama yung nagsabing habang si Dindo ang nagmamaneho, ibang team ang pag-ingatan. 14-0 na pinatalo pa. Ano ba yan?