Shake & Bake Dynasty League

Jongkers

Sana you guys keep my team intact. Lugi kasi talaga yung bgaong manager kung dispersal draft. Although I compromised the roster of my team a bit in the final week by dropping Crawford (na nakuha ni Jongkers), I really like its potential for years to come.

Tip lang sa kung sino man makaka-inherit sa team ko: my team's strengths are fg%, f t% and A/T. Dont get someone who will ruin the ft% and fg%. Those three categories were crucial in beating Dencio's powerhouse team in the semis and MTC Saints in the finals.

Edited by agentjackbauer

If totally inherited yung team, di ba yung 11 other managers naman ang lugi?

Buti nga nakasali yung bagong manager e. Privilege na niya yun.

Parang sobra naman kung pinasali na nga siya tapos solid team kaagad ang mamanahin niya.

That's why I prefer a dispersal draft where magsa-sacrifice pa nga ang mga datihan na by having less keepers.

:lol:

Kung ikaw ulit, there's no problem because you drafted and shaped that team into a winner.

The new manager didn't have anything to do with that lineup except show up at the next filler draft.

Walang comparison, brod. Not by any standard. Apples and oranges yan.

And as I've said, pag dispersal draft just to accomodate him, managers can only get to keep a fewer players.

In a sense, managers are sacrificing the integrity of the team that they drafted and shaped for one season just so a new manager can be taken in. But I'll accept it rather than see a newcomer being rewarded on two counts: being able to join an already established keeper league AND getting the champion team.

Edited by Jongkers
Uh, bakit lugi yung ibang managers? Arent you all gonna keep your teams intact anyway? Saan ang inherent disadvantage dun? So if I continue to participate in this league, lugi kayo next season? :huh:

Just my two cents.

indeed... it'd be like saying na dehado kayo lahat kay ajb pag naglaro sya ulet, di ba? kinda... and anyway, comparison-wise, it's like suns - was running like a damn well oiled machine with d'antoni, crashed and burned with terry porter aboard - nasa GM or coach yan... di ba ajb?

well, kung dispersal, well, magiging sobrang imbalanced nung power shift sa liga... i mean, having no idea sa line-up ni ajb, let's say nadissolve, and (guessing) jongkers (who i assumed, tanked :P) gets himself a top tier PG (deron?) or an SG (since the common notion would be, the dispersal would prioritize the newcomers, then the "weaker" teams, before the contenders) via the dispersal, grabe ang magiging shift, the top teams (saints, etc) would only get someone like, uhm, mbah a moute :lol:... and sobrang, sobrang dehado naman yung magmamana nung spot (not the franchise, kasi, madidisolve nga) literally building from crumbs...

and, sayang naman yung mga traded picks, yung iningatang mga injured players, yung composition ng team, yung mga nagtank, at yung "franchise" itself, atbp... afair, the only time we held a dispersal draft sa kabilang dynasty league was when nagdagdag kami ng 2 GM's, nag-keep 5 or 6 or 7 yata kami nun, then the pick-up was done via forum draft...

yun ay akin lang naman... :) pero anyhow, kahit ang franchise player ko lang e si delonter west, or ang maging starting PF ko ay si mark madesn, e lalabang pa rin ako :lol:... fight, fight, fight...

Jongkers,

Para naman takot na takot ka sa team ko nyan eh. My team is not that strong compared to the other teams here. Sinuwerte lang.

Ok ang dispersal draft kung may dadagdag na managers, like in the main Dynasty League. Dito, walang dadagdag sa number of managers, 12 pa rin. Lugi yung bago coz latak ng ibang teams ang makukuha nya, UNLESS Keep 3 or 4 lang kayo, pero kahit na.

As for the so-called priviledge na nga new manager ang makasali, eh kung wala sya, wala kayong liga. Kumbaga, talaga namang you need another manager eh, so why "penalize" him sa simula pa lang? Yung pag-inherit nya ng "champion" team, look at it as a challenge.

(Edit: At oo nga pala, the dispersal draft idea doesnt make sense eh. Ok ang dispersal draft kung may papasok na bagong teams, pero kung Keep 5 kayo tapos sasali din yung original league-members sa dispersal draft, eh ano pa makukuhang core ng new manager/team? Picture what would happen bro. The league will be less competitive coz one team will be so weak.)

Edited by agentjackbauer

indeed, ajb... indeed...

and take note, only the grandmaster himself, ajb, was able to repeat as champion in ALL of mtc fantasy sports, moreso in the premiere dynasty... so kung wala sya, well, again, parang suns lang yan na pinamana kay terry porter ;)

worry not, i'd be a much lesser threat than the living legend himself :)

@master TD

I reiterate my previous post in reply to your post.

And, yes, I sort of tanked my season when Al Jeff went down, seeing that Monta and Dunleavy were injured as well with Baron and Kev-Mart in-and-out of the lineup. Then there's Thad Young who was consumed with envy that he got injured rin. :thumbsdownsmiley:

@AJB

That's exacly my idea: keep less na lang. Although isang malaking sakit sa ulo yun.

But I'll live with that.

I wouldn't call it "penalizing" though. That's too heavy.

But I'd prefer to "penalize" the newcomer than reward him twice.

Nonetheless, let's hear it as well from the other managers.

We have months to clear this up anyway.

Reward him twice? Sorry bro, di ko magets ang logic mo dun. For me, hihina ang liga coz may isang sobrang mahina na team. 12 lang ang teams dito, lahat halos malakas na. Obvious yan just be looking at the line-ups. Tapos sasali pa sila sa isang dispersal draft? May core na sila tapos makikisawsaw pa sila sa dispersal? Yung new team, walang core. You will end up destroying the parity of the league.

(Edit: If the league votes to disperse my team, then Im changing my mind and im gonna stay on. Might as well win this league again).

Edited by agentjackbauer

^^ By rewarding him twice, this is what I mean: being able to join an already established keeper league AND getting the champion team.

Anyway, it's not up to us to decide on this.

Admittedly, maybe kulang ang understanding ko sa dispersal, but I'm just not comfortable with the idea na a newcomer barges into a league and gets a champion team as a bonus.

Maybe we should get two more teams. :lol:

No, I'm not afraid of your team, brod.

Kahit talo ako twice nung regular season, I like my chances if my team will play at full strength.

After all, it's a bubuy-drafted team. :lol: Minalas lang talaga sa injuries.

Hindi naman masisira totally ang team mo kasi may kept players pa rin e, but lesser number.

All teams can still have its core, including yours.

The FA pool can only get deeper and all teams will have equal chances pa rin.

This is probably where we misunderstood each other.

By "dispersal," I don't mean that your team will be "dispersed' to the FA pool and then to the other teams.

^^ Sir, i'll welcome you with open arms! At para may chance maka-ganti. :zorro:

Nakup... may nag-aabang na agad. :lol:

(And Jongkers, as for your team being at full-strength... sorry, its not gonna happen bro. The likes of Bogut, Ellis, KevMart and Baron just arent the type to stay healthy and compete for an entire season).

Edited by agentjackbauer

^makikisawsaw lang. parang useless ang dispersal draft tapos magkeep 5 or 4 or 3 yung iba.

kasi pag nagdispersal draft ka, yung papasok na manager, ay dapat may chance na pumili agad ng 5 or 4 or 3 din (para equal kayo ng players pag pasok ng filler draft). syempre ang pipiliin nun papasok na manager ay yung 5 or 4 or 3 na nalaglag din sa champion team..

eh kung ganon, dapat nag keep 5 or 4 or 3 na lang kayo ng diretso.. :P

anyway, resolved na naman kaya di na kelangan yung opinion na yun. :lol: