Shake & Bake Dynasty League

Jongkers

Divisions, anyone? :unsure:

This has been brought up last year and the majority of the replies was "I'll go with what the majority says." :lol:

Kung wala namang violent objections, I'll didvide the teams into two divisions.

Last year's regular season finish ang standings.

Or use a website for it.

For this season, the theme for the divisions is The Madrigals: Ehra v. :wub: Michelle :wub: .

Pag may humirit ng Jamby, walang rookie pick next season. :lol:

Divisions, anyone? :unsure:

This has been brought up last year and the majority of the replies was "I'll go with what the majority says." :lol:

Kung wala namang violent objections, I'll didvide the teams into two divisions.

Last year's regular season finish ang standings.

Or use a website for it.

For this season, the theme for the divisions is The Madrigals: Ehra v. :wub: Michelle :wub: .

Pag may humirit ng Jamby, walang rookie pick next season. :lol:

so parang mukha vs dodo ang pagpipilian? :lol:

EDIT: and i'm perfectly fine w/having divisions (mainly because i don't know enough to any valid opinion on the matter) except that i'm going for tits as well! :P

Edited by Labuyo

quoting doc's post....

btw, my 'YES' vote on extending ownership rights for rooks...

it's just that for 2nd rounders especially, they tend to become disposable assets around the time rights on them expire. the sad part here is that a good chunk of them don't even get enough playing time to show us what they're capable of and whether they have a shot at making it in the league.

now, if only the league did a better job at developing players, the rule would make absolutely perfect sense. but as it stands, teams have their own motivations and goals and all that so player development takes longer than it really should.

that said, I think what we could do instead of a time-based cap is a game-based one like how we do for baseball.

Say we see rookie X play 40 games and rookie Y play 60 games...disregarding the level of play altogether, in theory, we're supposed to 'know' more about rookie Y than rookie X and in effect, have a better grasp on whether he's a keeper player or not.

standard cut-off would be 100 games for all players---both 1st and 2nd rounders. we keep all the guys for a little over a year and by game 100, make the decision whether or not he's worthy a roster spot, is an underrated asset or should be headed for Europe. of course, teams can cut guys anytime if they feel like it too as per existing rules.

just my 2 cents.

im cool with that...another proposal..can we also have a rule to keep injured players (i.e. temporarily replacing them while they are injured)?

A few years back, there used to be a DL (or IL) slot in fantasy basketball which allowed you to keep an injured player while adding a live body from the free agent pool without going over the maximum roster size limit. This has been removed. I have since grown accustomed to its absence. It kinda facilitates player movement within the league since a manager is forced to decide whether he should dump an injured non-performing asset or let him rot in the bench for future use. Since this is keepers, managers generally tend to hold on to some injured guys whom they think are worth waiting on (i.e. like Yao Ming last season, although at the moment he seems like another injury away from hanging it up for good). For players who are below keeper-quality, managers would usually drop him quickly, so as not to further waste precious roster space.

All told, I like the way things are set-up now (i.e no DL/IL spot). Since yahoo (and even the NBA, I think) does not allow it, I see no reason why this league should.

A few years back, there used to be a DL (or IL) slot in fantasy basketball which allowed you to keep an injured player while adding a live body from the free agent pool without going over the maximum roster size limit. This has been removed. I have since grown accustomed to its absence. It kinda facilitates player movement within the league since a manager is forced to decide whether he should dump an injured non-performing asset or let him rot in the bench for future use. Since this is keepers, managers generally tend to hold on to some injured guys whom they think are worth waiting on (i.e. like Yao Ming last season, although at the moment he seems like another injury away from hanging it up for good). For players who are below keeper-quality, managers would usually drop him quickly, so as not to further waste precious roster space.

All told, I like the way things are set-up now (i.e no DL/IL spot). Since yahoo (and even the NBA, I think) does not allow it, I see no reason why this league should.

hmmm...but in reality, when someone got injured, they are allowed to be replaced but the rights to this injured player/s are still with his mother team...anyway I'm ok if majority thinks the current set up is better :)

In theory, wala ng "injured reserve list" sa NBA. Inactive List na ang tawag. Sa yahoo fantasy, dati pwedeng kahit entire season nasa IL (or DL) slot ang isang injured player. Ngayon, hindi na kasi in reality wala na ngang injured reserve list. You are right though in the sense that a team still owns the rights to the said injured or inactive player.

From Wiki:

"Due to abuses in the use of the injured reserve list, where some teams found convenient to use the IR to stash players without independent medical oversight, the injured reserve has been renamed the Inactive List with the last collective bargaining agreement. Legitimate injured players can enter the injured reserve for as little as one game, provided that he declares his injury one hour before the start of a game. The IR comprises (usually) a minimum of one player and a maximum of three. With the league's approval, they can have either zero or four players in the inactive list for two weeks at a time.

Replacement players can be signed to 10-day contracts (or three games, whichever is the later) and can be signed two 10-day contracts a season. Further use of such a player requires the player to be signed for the remainder of the season. A team cannot sign more 10-day contracts than there are players in its IR."

From nba.com:

"Under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, each team is required to carry 12 players on its active list and at least one player on its inactive list. Teams may have a maximum of three players on its inactive list, which includes any players sent to the NBA Development League.

In the past, a team maintained a 12-player roster, with additional players being put on the injured list, which forced the player to sit a minimum of five games before again being eligible to play. Now, the active and inactive list can be set on a game-by-game basis, one hour before tip-off, with no length of stay required for either list.

If, for example, a star player is injured and forced to sit out one or two games, the coach can now place him on the inactive list and "activate" another player, giving the team a full 12 players available to play. In previous seasons, that player would have had to stay on the injured list five games, so instead the team would frequently just sit the player and make do with the other 11 available players."

@ jbag,

sa stats nung player bro, nakalagay dun kung ilang games na nalaro ng isang player... eto yung example...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4612/career;_ylt=AlKW6TNZ.9dZXCrsSLe1g4ekvLYF

medyo matrabaho lang siguro kay commish o sa ating lahat to monitor yung total games played, pero syempre sa mga 2nd year players, may idea tayo kung naka 100 games na ba yung player or kung ano man yung limit na mapagusapan...

im cool with that...another proposal..can we also have a rule to keep injured players (i.e. temporarily replacing them while they are injured)?

Sir, mahirap i-track ito since wala ng IL/IR tagging sa Yahoo unlike a few years ago. I think this IL/IR tag follows what was done in the actual NBA. If a player is put in the IL in real life, so it is in fantasy. Ngayon, wala na for both. Siguro yung mga long-term injuries madali ma-monitor pero yung minor aches and pains, medyo mahirap at puede din ma-abuso.

Plus, being in a keeper league, i think that is one of the challenges we face as managers - balancing between short term and long term success. ;)

EDIT: Agree with AJB.

Edited by dencio

@ jbag,

sa stats nung player bro, nakalagay dun kung ilang games na nalaro ng isang player... eto yung example...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4612/career;_ylt=AlKW6TNZ.9dZXCrsSLe1g4ekvLYF

SUPER matrabaho lang siguro kay commish o sa ating lahat to monitor yung total games played, pero syempre sa mga 2nd year players, may idea tayo kung naka 100 games na ba yung player or kung ano man yung limit na mapagusapan...

Nasapul mo! :wacko:

:lol:

@ jbag,

medyo matrabaho lang siguro kay commish o sa ating lahat to monitor yung total games played, pero syempre sa mga 2nd year players, may idea tayo kung naka 100 games na ba yung player or kung ano man yung limit na mapagusapan...

thanks bro A. honesty policy na rin tayo? hehe..para makatulong kay commish