• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

eto na yata yung sinasabing "pautot" ni nap gutierrez badua

Is Alaska's Calvin Abueva on trading block? Rival teams admit getting 'feelers' for trade

http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/is-calvin-the-beast-abueva-on-trading-block-alaska-aces-pba-trade-san-miguel-talk-n-text-mvp

a high-ranking San Miguel official confirmed getting feelers for an Abueva trade, adding top management only declined after the Aces sought either Greg Slaughter, Japeth Aguilar or Ian Sangalang in return.

“Masyadong mabigat hinihingi eh. Gusto sana namin kaso ayaw sa itaas eh,” said the SMC source.

With SMC out of the picture, the next option has become the Manny V. Pangilinan group which, sources said, is willing to part with Talk 'N Text guard Ryan Reyes and a future draft pick for Abueva and sweet-shooting guard RJ Jazul.

A better option for Alaska is either Ranidel de Ocampo or Jayson Castro, the source added.

Is Alaska's Calvin Abueva on trading block? Rival teams admit getting 'feelers' for trade

http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/is-calvin-the-beast-abueva-on-trading-block-alaska-aces-pba-trade-san-miguel-talk-n-text-mvp

a high-ranking San Miguel official confirmed getting feelers for an Abueva trade, adding top management only declined after the Aces sought either Greg Slaughter, Japeth Aguilar or Ian Sangalang in return.

“Masyadong mabigat hinihingi eh. Gusto sana namin kaso ayaw sa itaas eh,” said the SMC source.

With SMC out of the picture, the next option has become the Manny V. Pangilinan group which, sources said, is willing to part with Talk 'N Text guard Ryan Reyes and a future draft pick for Abueva and sweet-shooting guard RJ Jazul.

A better option for Alaska is either Ranidel de Ocampo or Jayson Castro, the source added.

greg or japeth for abueva? hehehe libre naman mangarap si uytengsu eh

and whoever wants abueva in his team?...this guy's a walking timebomb!

greg or japeth for abueva? hehehe libre naman mangarap si uytengsu eh

and whoever wants abueva in his team?...this guy's a walking timebomb!

Maybe as stated, the company's image and values are not aligned with his antics that's why they are shopping him. Bukod pa dun yung nagastos nila dahil sa mga multa.. hehe..

Sa ROS na lang sya mas bagay sya dun magsama sama na ang mga sanggano. :P

Now that coach tim is in GSM, I think we can be champions without him tho he is a proven game changer.

Edited by daphne loves derby
  • Like (+1) 1

Free Agent din pala sya.

Naveen Ganglani@naveenganglani 6m6 minutes ago

.@rapplerdotcom has learned that Barako Bull forward JC Intal has signed a 1-year extension with the Energy Cola. Story soon.

Sayang di pa bumalik satin.. hehe

yes...would've been nice to see him as one of coach tim's wingmen.

as for abueva, although masipag, magaling lang naman mang-asar yan eh para masira ang laro ng kalaban. OJ lost his cool...ginebra lost.

Abueva is a game changer, pero not too much of a necessity para sa Ginebra. Cone can work with the pieces he has right now, thank you very much. Although, is a Dave Marcelo + Dorian Pena = Abueva offer good for the Aces? Lolz.

Edited by Kyoji_Kagami

First of all, i have been a die hard Ginebra fan for as long as i can remember.

Secondly, i am glad that SMC management got a certified top-caliber coach to handle the most popular team in the land.

However, i saw something wrong with the way RSA & SMC executed this move.

1. The clamor from us Ginebra fans, majority if not all, is to bring back Robert “The Big J” Jaworski. Either as coach or as team manager, doesn’t matter as long as he is physically associated with the team again. He has been the missing piece eversince he left.

For me, i never wanted or asked for Tim Cone, but since he is already here I will welcome him with open arms. But Jawo is still the one for me, always will be. He may be outdated as far as coaching ‘technology’ is concerned but it’s okay, he was never known for his X’s and O’s. He was known for his big fighting heart – and that is what the team badly needs at this point.

2. If RSA really wanted to transfer Tim Cone to Ginebra, he shouldn’t have issued a press statement that he did it ‘just’ to give in to the fans. Again, i am not even aware that some of my ‘kabarangays’ want him to be our coach, so i was surprised at RSA’s statement. Again, for the longest time BGSM fans have been clamoring for Jawo’s return on the team’s bench. There may have been discussions amongst Ginebra fans regarding who we want as coach and the name of Yeng Guiao even came up more than Tim Cone. But all of these are just talks, nothing solid came out of it. So where did that ‘clamor’ for Tim Cone come from? Only RSA knows.

I know BGSM is the most popular team, no question about that, but Purefoods also has its own share of fans. And by releasing a statement like that he just alienated the fans of the ‘other’ team. Even if it is true that we wanted Tim Cone, RSA should have just kept it to himself and his closest advisers, and not release the issue to the public. This is a very delicate issue and backlash could’ve been avoided or lessened if only it was handled properly.

Clearly, he was protecting himself from being ‘stoned’ by Purefoods fans. He made it look like Ginebra fans were the villains while in fact we never saw this move coming at all. I, for one, am still willing to give Frankie Lim more time to prove his worth. More time for the players to get accustomed to his system. After all, we started the conference without our ‘Twin Towers’. And as expected the team struggled in the opening round. To make things worse, our import Orlando Johnson, was obviously playing it safe during the crucial stages of the tourney due to a pending invitation to play in the NBA Summer League. During the quarters, he was missing in action for most parts of the game, and only came alive when the game was already settled in favor of Alaska.

What if we started the conference with a complete roster? What if Orlando Johnson continued to play like the way he did during the first few games? Chances are high that we could’ve finished at least in the top 4. These questions will never be answered as ‘CFL’ was never given a chance to do so. I never wanted another coaching change just one conference after the last, and I’m sure a good number of my kabarangays feel the same way.

If only RSA did the right thing and informed the press that he was the one who wanted Tim Cone to coach Ginebra because he feels that it is about time for the team to get a real coach then things might be more acceptable for the Purefoods fans. He is RSA after all, and his word is the law as far as SMC teams are concerned.

Everything is all water under the bridge now. Life must now move on for fans of both teams, we cannot do anything about what happened in the past anymore. But we can still support our teams the best way we could.

Let’s all just look forward to PBA Season 41. For sure we will experience the best editions of Manila Clasico ever. Ronald Agbada

Edited by dinibdib