Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

di uubra si KFer ke AD pre, ke JD dapat sya pikunin din yun eh. Remember last year sino bumantay kay AD? si SOL MERCADO.. I expect that to happen again.

Meralco is much like TNT, heavily reliant sa guards and sa 3point shooting, pinagkaiba lang ibang level si Durham.

Wala pa rin silang pang match up ke Japhet and Greg unless i activate nila si Nabong dagdag malaki nila. JBL and AD will cancel out, this will be a battle of the locals. Newsome vs Scottie is a good matchup.

I am more worried about RDO and Baser Amer actually.

true...amer has improved a lot from last year and is playing confidently as of late. the addition of RDO made meralco a stronger team. a 4 who can hit the 3. it will all boil down to which team wants it more. tingin ko dito this will go the distance...sukat ba naman sa phil arena gagawin yung games 5, 6 and 7 if necessary.

on another matter, ginebra "SHOULD" practice their FTs. in a close game, missed FTs will spell the difference.

o sya focus na tyo sa meralco.....

Matchups na....

Ferrer kay JD.. ahahahaha or pde ba kay DURHAM?

From what I see, both teams have players that have unique talents.

I guess magkakatalo sila sa strategies ng mga Coach. How to exploit the other team's weakness? How to create mismatches? How to control the tempo of the game? How to impose defenses?

It is Tim Cone vs Norman Black

Gandang laban ito!!

I think hindi si JDV ang magpapahirap kay dillinger... I think it's Ferrer, Mercado and Mariano..

Durham ang babantayan ni JDV, J. Cruz at Aguilar.

Sa guard matchup malaking pagkakaiba ng guard natin kc sila more of two way combo guard(Amer & Newsome) not like LA and Thompson na facilitator.

Prediction ko ulit 4-2 Ginebra ulit haha

I think key will be greg, japeth, jdv and jbl... pag hindi nag produce at least 3 out of 4 of these gents, mahihirapan ang gins... both on offense and defense...

Sa backcourt, la, sol and scottie will have their hands full dahil mas athletic at mas bata yung meralco...

In addition, fts and 3s will be a factor... ginebra should always remember, me off night ang opensa and depensa wala, so they would have to work overtime sa d...

Edited by *kalel*

I like to see the look on Dillinger face pag natalo na Meralco! Hahahaha! Feeling Gordon Hayward! Hahaahha!

well he asked for it. now that his wish is granted, let him face the consequences. baka naman nag-iisip at nagsisisi na hahaha seriously, this will be a good series. i don't care if it goes the distance as long as we hoist the championship trophy.

Good Read about Glen Rice Jr's letdown

May reputation na pala sya, no wonder no NBA team want him. Layo sa ama.

Rice was overcooked

http://m.philstar.com/314195/show/a9926989755812eefd21db647ddb9a86/

What pained Gregorio was when he tried to pacify Rice after his ejection, the import shot back at him, saying, “why are you protecting your grandson?” It was in reference to Gregorio being a godfather of Ferrer’s girlfriend’s sister. “I felt the frustration of a father who was let down by a son,” he said. “I thought he had changed. We were ready for a Game 5. I’m speechless, what Glen did was uncalled for. I’m sad that he didn’t see the bigger picture. He has to learn a lesson from this. His emotional outburst created too many consequences. We were hoping to make it to the finals then boom, the balloon burst. His contract has clauses to penalize him for unruly conduct during a game so we’ll figure out what to do. What a waste of talent.”

Off topic;

Kiefer Ravena, Jeron Teng to join 2017 PBA Draft

https://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sport/basketball/pba/184700-kiefer-ravena-jeron-teng-join-draft

Jeron Teng and Kiefer Ravena had declared their draft availability.

What a deep draft its going to be;

- Jose (D League MVP)

- Standhardinger (sure 1st pick)

- Jeron Teng (Finals MVP last year)

- Kiefer Ravena (no intro needed)

and other standouts

- perkins

- potts

- Nambatac

- a lot of promising Fil-Ams (or Ellis and Forrester type of)

Edited by daphne loves derby

Rice was overcooked

What pained Gregorio was when he tried to pacify Rice after his ejection, the import shot back at him, saying, “why are you protecting your grandson?” It was in reference to Gregorio being a godfather of Ferrer’s girlfriend’s sister. “I felt the frustration of a father who was let down by a son,” he said. “I thought he had changed. We were ready for a Game 5. I’m speechless, what Glen did was uncalled for. I’m sad that he didn’t see the bigger picture. He has to learn a lesson from this. His emotional outburst created too many consequences. We were hoping to make it to the finals then boom, the balloon burst. His contract has clauses to penalize him for unruly conduct during a game so we’ll figure out what to do. What a waste of talent.”

Rice reminds me of Renaldo Balkman

Rice was overcooked

tama, sayang ang talent.... Emotional stability is important....

Minsan kahit di ka pinakamagaling pero nagagawamo iangat ang mga kasamahan mo at team, malaki ang chance kukunin ka ulit...

Off topic;

https://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sport/basketball/pba/184700-kiefer-ravena-jeron-teng-join-draft

- Jose (D League MVP)

and other standouts

- perkins

- potts

- Nambatac

Kelan ang piliian at pangilan kaya barangay?? Sana makuka natin shooter/defender.. 3 or 4 position. 6'4-6'6 hehehehe...

Off topic;

- Jose (D League MVP)

and other standouts

- perkins

- potts

- Nambatac

impossible na makuha pa natin si Stanhardinger or si Ravena, okay na ako kay Perkins or Potts.

sa Oct. 29 ang Draft.

I would prefer a Point Guard and a Wing (2 or 3) - Potts and Teng

2 reasons;

1.) JJ is done, pang puno lang ng roster, and LA and SOL is not getting any younger (33 and 34 i think) . I think LA has 3-4 years more but I think sol only has 2. And Scottie plays SG more than a PG. He is better moving without the ball. We need to train a solid PG this early. Ilagay na lang sa reserve list si JJ kung pwede.

2.) This has been our weakest area ever since. Wala na si dakilang ellis (Thank God BTW). We have Scottie, Aljon Mariano, KFer, Art DLC and JDV as current wings. Only Kfer is a decent shooter and a slasher. If we get Teng, He can play 2 or 3 and he actually is a good defender (but also not a reliable outside shooter).

Also, kung pwede lang mag ka trade sana makuha si JP Erram.. hehehe.. Wala ng backup center sa AFC pag lumabas si Greg tapos Foul trouble si Japhet (which happens a lot). The next 2 bigs (or small bigs) are Jervy and the new Aguilar.

Edited by daphne loves derby

sa Oct. 29 ang Draft.

I would prefer a Point Guard and a Wing (2 or 3) - Potts and Teng

2 reasons;

1.) JJ is done, pang puno lang ng roster, and LA and SOL is not getting any younger (33 and 34 i think) . I think LA has 3-4 years more but I think sol only has 2. And Scottie plays SG more than a PG. He is better moving without the ball. We need to train a solid PG this early. Ilagay na lang sa reserve list si JJ kung pwede.

2.) This has been our weakest area ever since. Wala na si dakilang ellis (Thank God BTW). We have Scottie, Aljon Mariano, KFer, Art DLC and JDV as current wings. Only Kfer is a decent shooter and a slasher. If we get Teng, He can play 2 or 3 and he actually is a good defender (but also not a reliable outside shooter).

Also, kung pwede lang mag ka trade sana makuha si JP Erram.. hehehe.. Wala ng backup center sa AFC pag lumabas si Greg tapos Foul trouble si Japhet (which happens a lot). The next 2 bigs (or small bigs) are Jervy and the new Aguilar.

speaking of erram, ateneo days niya pa ok na ang laro ng batang ito. pwede kaya yung 1st round pick ng ginebra (which is the 12th overall pick) i-trade para kay erram?...yan ay kung walang matitirang mapapakinabangan si coach tim.

pero bago pa man yung rookie draft, dito muna tayo sa championship. @!#*× yung games 5, 6 & 7, kung meron man, napakalayo ang venue.