Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Nice win!

Can we say after this win that until Greg became available, the gauge of our winning ways depends now on how Japhet plays?

Scottie reminds me of Rajon Rondo, inconsistent in shooting but pure hustle, rebounding and assist.

Swabeng swabe si JBL, parang right handed version ni Sean Chambers

I would say yes....malaking factor talaga si japhet..but now kasama na din si scottie...pansin ko nga mas maganda galaw nila nun nawala si greg... Pati na rin sa rebounding....gang rebounding sabay takbo silang lahat....

May isang sequence nga kagabi...nagmintis ang nlex...takbo lahat ng ginkings...tapos jumpshot si japhet...binangga ni enrico...natumba si japhet alang tawag na foul...biglang nandun si coach tim sa tabi ni japhet...nagtatalon sinisigaw kay japhet tayo! tayo! Fastbreak ng kalaban!! Lol

Nice win!

Can we say after this win that until Greg became available, the gauge of our winning ways depends now on how Japhet plays?

Scottie reminds me of Rajon Rondo, inconsistent in shooting but pure hustle, rebounding and assist.

Swabeng swabe si JBL, parang right handed version ni Sean Chambers

Ot - i just realized that chambers us left handed... hehehe

From inquirer. Alin kaya to?

AFTER nearly three decades of storied participation in the PBA, one glamorous teameasily one of the leagues biggest drawsis reportedly being sold, with its star player being peddled in trades.

The Inquirer learned this from a very reliable source, who asked that the team concerned not be identified at the moment other than it belongs to one of the two powerful groups in Asias first professional league.

The star player, a former Most Valuable Player who is also a valuable marketing commodity, has in fact been offered to numerous teams, including one of the two expansion franchises last season which politely thumbed the deal down because the player is too expensive.

Some members of the team know that the franchise is up for sale, with Unilever and the SM Group reportedly the potential buyers.

The same Inquirer source bared that the other stars of the team being sold would most likely find their way to its two sister teams.

The transfers would be done using conduits since sister teams cannot be involved in direct trades.

Read more: http://sports.inquirer.net/

http://forum.hoops.ph/threads/star-hotshots-up-for-sale-james-yap-being-offered-to-other-teams.2366/

sana mapunta si Ian Sangalang sa Ginebra...sa guard naman naman kahit si PJ simon or Justin Melton

Ginebra close to re-acquiring KG Canaleta, sources say.

http://www.snowbadua.com/2016/07/brgy-ginebra-san-miguel-is-still-bent.html

Ginebra’s urgent need for a pure shooter might just be addressed soon, if plans to re-acquire KG Canaleta pushes through within the next few days.
Sources told SnowBadua.com that the high flying Gerona, Tarlac pride has an expiring contract with the Mahindra Enforcers this coming August 31.
The problem is, Canaleta receives a maximum of 420-thousand a month from his old contract with the NLEX Road Warriors.
In the earlier stages of negotiations, sources say that the Columbian Autocar Corporation can only give Canaleta a contract renewal of 220-thousand a month, a huge cut from his current paycheck.
“Nag-uusap na sila, kasi yung dating contract ni KG before he was traded to Mahindra, sinagot na ng NLEX yung ibang amount sa contract nya, halos kalahati na lang ang binabayaran dun ng Mahindra,” said the source.
“Ang problema ngayon, hindi kaya ng Mahindra na ibigay ang maximum kasi this time, sila na ang magbabayad nang buo sa kontrata ni KG. Kasi tapos nang i-honor ng NLEX yung contract niya with them. Bayad na before pa siya ma-trade,” he added.
Even before Canaleta was shipped to Mahindra, Ginebra has long been eyeing the former UE Red Warriors star, as he will be a good fit to the complex triangle offense of coach Tim Cone.
And the fact that the five-time All Stars slam dunk champion can wax hot anytime at the three point line, Canaleta will be a much needed piece to further make the triangle offense tick.
As of the moment, Mahindra big boss Bobby Rosales wants to keep Canaleta atleast until after the season ends, as the PBA already informed all teams that all contracts expiring on August 31 will be given a 2-month extension.
Meanwhile, another source bared that Globalport is another team pursuing Canaleta, but Rosales has already declined the offer especially now that the Enforcers are on franchise best 3-0 win-loss start to top the team standings.
“Malalaman natin within the week yan. Sa ngayon kasi ayaw pa ni Bobby Rosales na galawin ang team kasi nagpapanalo sila. Pero naiisip rin ni Mr. Rosales yung kapakanan ni KG, kaya malalaman natin kung they will release agad o papakiusapan pa na tapusin na muna yung conference,” he said.
“Definitely, malaking bagay sa rotation ng Mahindra si KG,” he added.
Ginebra is set to let go of the inefficient Nico Salva plus a future pick just to get its hands on Canaleta.
tanong ko lang, nasa ginebra pa pala si Nico Salva???
Edited by daphne loves derby

Caneleta? Geee... i am not impressed.... allow mariano to develop

Yep Star Hotshots nga ito. Matagal na tong blind item ni Snow last year pa wala lang daw takers. Reportedly, si James Yap ay mapupunta "DAW" sa ginebra

Why james? Si maliksi or mallari na lang

Caneleta? Geee... i am not impressed.... allow mariano to develop

Why james? Si maliksi or mallari na lang

Oo...bakit si james pa? Tama si kal-el either maliksi or mallari...kahit si pj simon..ok din si rr garcia....

Ala na bang iba? Pati si KG? hayyyy....itatapon nyo tapos ngayon kukunin nyo ulit...pabubulukin nyo lang sa bangko....

Btw mariano is playing good basketball ngayon....nabibigyan cya ng playing time...

Edited by azraelmd

Dapat yung penalty hindi dapat ganun ka lenient kelangan dapat umaray pati yung team owners para kusa nila ma discipline player nila ilang beses na inulit ni Abueva yun thats means kinukunsinti cya ng management ng Alaska

+1...sa liit ng penalty at yung suspension, di nararamdaman ng team owners yan lalo na kung ang suspension sa elimination lang ipapataw. i think you can call abueva as a rescidivist already. ang penalty dapat nito tumataas at humahaba ang suspension. that cheap shot on ellis has no place in the pba.

OT na naman. Anyway nice game by ginebra against nlex. Of course without an asi taulava it was expected for ginebra to dominate the boards. scottie was all over the place grabbing rebounds. Who's next for the kings?

Oo...bakit si james pa? Tama si kal-el either maliksi or mallari...kahit si pj simon..ok din si rr garcia....

Ala na bang iba? Pati si KG? hayyyy....itatapon nyo tapos ngayon kukunin nyo ulit...pabubulukin nyo lang sa bangko....

Btw mariano is playing good basketball ngayon....nabibigyan cya ng playing time...

Rene Pardo denies ‘Star for sale’ rumors
Jul 29, 2016
http://hoops.ph/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/star-huddle-696x460.jpg

Star board governor Rene Pardo vehemently denied recent reports that the Purefoods franchise is up for sale.

“Wala, di totoo yun (Purefoods franchise up for sale). Hindi kami yun. Natatawa nga ako, nanghuhula yata sila eh,” Pardo told FOX Sports on Friday after the team’s practice at Ronac gym, laughing off reports he read from another media outfit.

Pardo said such rumors, if given more attention, will only create insecurity within the team, which is currently at the bottom half of the PBA Governors Cup standings with its 1-2 card.

“Kasi kapag pinansin mo pa iyan, lalo pa lalaki yan, so it’s not worth our time and attention. In fact, di naman namin pinaguusapan iyan dito sa team,” stressed Pardo.

Pardo said he’ll in fact, start discussing contract extensions with the players by September since several members led by veterans James Yap and Marc Pingris have expiring contracts. – FOX Sports Asia

Good all around game by JBL

And japhet again, realizing now mismatches and making better decisions than before. It seems the new system fits well with him and the guards. I wonder what will happen if greg comes back using this new system of CTC.

We had a glimpse of the Fast and the Furious, making good account for themselves and provided some quality minutes specially MC47.

Balanced team attack and better defense.

3-1

OT: My bad, hindi pala kaliwete si Chambers. but I still see him in how JBL plays.

BASAG NA NAMAN SI SNOW

Tim Cone denies Ginebra trade, says discussion on KG Canaleta happened 'two months ago'
Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/tim-cone-denies-ginebra-trade-says-discussion-on-kg-canaleta-happened-two-months-ago#u8r2BIqRcDZj4O1z.99

While denying that Ginebra has any impending trade, Cone bared in a tweet that 'KG discussion was two months ago,' meaning the team mulled a move for the five-time slam dunk champion prior to its campaign in the Governors Cup.

Ginebra's campaign in the Commissioner's Cup ended following a Rain or Shine sweep of their best-of-three quarterfinal match-up on April 19.

"Nothing there now. Team now focused on winning," Cone tweeted.

In a succeeding tweet to SPIN.ph contributing writer Snow Badua, Cone said, "Nothing against you reporting (about the trade). I just don't want rumors swirling in the heads of our players. If I can, I need to clarify."

Edited by daphne loves derby

Good all around game by JBL

And japhet again, realizing now mismatches and making better decisions than before. It seems the new system fits well with him and the guards. I wonder what will happen if greg comes back using this new system of CTC.

We had a glimpse of the Fast and the Furious, making good account for themselves and provided some quality minutes specially MC47.

Balanced team attack and better defense.

3-1

OT: My bad, hindi pala kaliwete si Chambers. but I still see him in how JBL plays.

Parang sa ngayon...nde pansin yun pagkawala ni greg...with the way japhet is playing..plus magaling yun import talaga...mapa sa loob or sa labas...ganda rin nilalaro ng mga guards...LA, scottie, mercado and pati si mc47... Tapos yun mga off the bench sina JDV, ellis, marcelo even si mariano....masipag lahat...lalo na sa defense....

Problema pagbalik ni greg...lalakas nga offense natin...pero baka bumagal yun ikot ng bola natin...plus yun depensa...mabagal magswitch ni greg eh...ayaw habulin sa labas bantay nya...

Parang sa ngayon...nde pansin yun pagkawala ni greg...with the way japhet is playing..plus magaling yun import talaga...mapa sa loob or sa labas...ganda rin nilalaro ng mga guards...LA, scottie, mercado and pati si mc47... Tapos yun mga off the bench sina JDV, ellis, marcelo even si mariano....masipag lahat...lalo na sa defense....

Problema pagbalik ni greg...lalakas nga offense natin...pero baka bumagal yun ikot ng bola natin...plus yun depensa...mabagal magswitch ni greg eh...ayaw habulin sa labas bantay nya...

THIS...

same worries here

Tagal pa ng next game ng Ginebra next week pa. Sana huwag lang sila magpakampante sa blackwater.

Anyway, out of topic, Laging boring ang "all star" event ng PBA sana gawan ng paraan ng management yan. Bumaba na din ang ratings ng PBA tsk.

Ginebra lang ang nagdadala sa pba.
  • Like (+1) 1