Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Teka teka teka. Mukhang kuryente ako dito mga chief. Agent Reyes, on one of her tweets, denied na si Mitchell ang import.

Only other TNT import that comes to mind is Paul Harris. Or Ivan Johnson, hahahaha.

Sorry, my bad.

Madami tayong na-kuryente Sir hehe....

13335607_10154353093589758_4746147447051

The thing is, it's just an exhibition game no matter how you look at it, nag-iisip na din ang tao ngayon na since exhibition nga lang 'yung and not the Olympic qualifier so why waste money on it

buzzketball @dbuzzketball 37m37 minutes ago

Ginebra top official says as of today, no trades whatsoever. Not even hints of trades. As of today.

No changes mga chief.

Dapat ang gawin next season kausapin na nila sina MC47 at Helterbrand to retire, sayang ang slot nila, for the nth time, salamat ng championships pero its time to do a Kobe Bryant

bad news as scottie thompson re-occured his groin injury while jervy cruz demanded to be traded to alaska

In your face. http://pba.inquirer.net/72188/thompson-to-take-over-starting-point-guard-duties-for-ginebra

Thompson to take over starting point guard duties for Ginebra

There will be a changing of the guard in the halls of the PBA’s most famous franchise.

Rookie point guard Scottie Thompson will be a starter for Barangay Ginebra for the upcoming PBA Governors’ Cup taking the duties from established veterans LA Tenorio and one-time Jayjay Helterbrand.

Ginebra head coach Tim Cone on Friday compared his move to start Thompson back when he thrust then rookie Johnny Abarrientos to Alaska’s starters in place of Jun Reyes.

“He’s going to start this conference, he deserves to start,” said Cone after Ginebra’s tune-up game against Mahindra at Arellano University. “He’s at the point now where you can’t hold him back any longer.”

“I did the same thing with Johnny Abarrientos when we first got him, we started Jun Reyes for a couple of conferences and then we started Johnny and we never looked back.”

Abarrientos was an integral part of the Alaska team that won the Grandslam in 1996 and Cone hopes Thompson can bring Ginebra to the next level.

Cone hopes Thompson can be that difference-maker for Ginebra, which hasn’t won a championship in eight years.

“I think he can,” said Cone about Thompson’s potential. “You know we always go to a conference thinking we will win a championship and Scottie may be that difference maker, everybody else has got to perform too.”

Thompson, however, did not start their tune-up game against the Enforcers but it’s part of Cone’s plan to slowly acclimate his rookie for the starting job.

“The key for him is to play with those guys and keep them happy, and start finding his own thing,” said Cone. “That’s why we brought him off the bench for now so he can learn that as he goes along.”

“The players can also see this guy needs his minutes, he needs to start. And instead of forcing him on them, they will come to the realization [of Thompson being part of the starting five] themselves.”

Thompson, drafted fifth overall in the 2015 Draft, averaged 4.45 points, 2.45 assists, and 2.64 rebounds across 11 games in the Commissioner’s Cup but he only played an average of 15.55 minutes as he shared playing time with Tenorio, Helterbrand, and Sol Mercado.

Read more:

Follow us: |

Parang nawala laro ni Jervy sa Ginebra

La playing time chief.

Are you sure about that? Or just another BS you made up with just like in the warriors thread.

Probably drug induced hallucination. Ayaw ni Duterte ng ganyan.

nawala confidence kasi wala o kulang sa playing time.

Galing sa injury sir.

Anywho, Ginebra decimated Mahindra in a practice game kahapon sa Arellano University Gym, 85-69.

Ellis and Jervy Cruz topscored for the Kings.

Mukhang inactivate na nila yung practice player na si Franklin Bonifacio. Lumaro kahapon eh.

Edited by Kyoji_Kagami

nawala confidence kasi wala o kulang sa playing time.

In your face. http://pba.inquirer.net/72188/thompson-to-take-over-starting-point-guard-duties-for-ginebra

Thompson to take over starting point guard duties for Ginebra

There will be a changing of the guard in the halls of the PBA’s most famous franchise.

Rookie point guard Scottie Thompson will be a starter for Barangay Ginebra for the upcoming PBA Governors’ Cup taking the duties from established veterans LA Tenorio and one-time Jayjay Helterbrand.

Ginebra head coach Tim Cone on Friday compared his move to start Thompson back when he thrust then rookie Johnny Abarrientos to Alaska’s starters in place of Jun Reyes.

“He’s going to start this conference, he deserves to start,” said Cone after Ginebra’s tune-up game against Mahindra at Arellano University. “He’s at the point now where you can’t hold him back any longer.”

“I did the same thing with Johnny Abarrientos when we first got him, we started Jun Reyes for a couple of conferences and then we started Johnny and we never looked back.”

Abarrientos was an integral part of the Alaska team that won the Grandslam in 1996 and Cone hopes Thompson can bring Ginebra to the next level.

Cone hopes Thompson can be that difference-maker for Ginebra, which hasn’t won a championship in eight years.

“I think he can,” said Cone about Thompson’s potential. “You know we always go to a conference thinking we will win a championship and Scottie may be that difference maker, everybody else has got to perform too.”

Thompson, however, did not start their tune-up game against the Enforcers but it’s part of Cone’s plan to slowly acclimate his rookie for the starting job.

“The key for him is to play with those guys and keep them happy, and start finding his own thing,” said Cone. “That’s why we brought him off the bench for now so he can learn that as he goes along.”

“The players can also see this guy needs his minutes, he needs to start. And instead of forcing him on them, they will come to the realization [of Thompson being part of the starting five] themselves.”

Thompson, drafted fifth overall in the 2015 Draft, averaged 4.45 points, 2.45 assists, and 2.64 rebounds across 11 games in the Commissioner’s Cup but he only played an average of 15.55 minutes as he shared playing time with Tenorio, Helterbrand, and Sol Mercado.

Read more:

Follow us: |

La playing time chief.

Probably drug induced hallucination. Ayaw ni Duterte ng ganyan.

Galing sa injury sir.

Anywho, Ginebra decimated Mahindra in a practice game kahapon sa Arellano University Gym, 85-69.

Ellis and Jervy Cruz topscored for the Kings.

Mukhang inactivate na nila yung practice player na si Franklin Bonifacio. Lumaro kahapon eh.

Me napupuna lang ako, me ibang players na pag nasa ibang team/s pa ok naman ang laro pero pag napunta na sa Ginebra nawawala ang laro then pag na-trade ulit sa ibang bumabalik ang laro, just my observation. Also, sino 'yang Franklin Bonifacio na 'yan?

Me napupuna lang ako, me ibang players na pag nasa ibang team/s pa ok naman ang laro pero pag napunta na sa Ginebra nawawala ang laro then pag na-trade ulit sa ibang bumabalik ang laro, just my observation. Also, sino 'yang Franklin Bonifacio na 'yan?

Practice player nila, Fil Am. 6'4" to 6'5" height.Inside operator with a decent outside shot. Bitbit ni CTC from Star.

Practice player nila, Fil Am. 6'4" to 6'5" height.Inside operator with a decent outside shot. Bitbit ni CTC from Star.

Franklin Bonifacio only stands 6'2 and he can play either PG or SG position.

Me galaw kaso hindi talaga mabibigyan ng playing time 'yan sa star hotshots dahil andun na si Yap at Simon, kung binitbit s'ya ni Cone mula sa star hotshots then me nakita s'yang potential d'yan sa player na 'yan

Edited by Agent_mulder

Gilas article but i put in here to put some premium to kabarangay LA

so LA was cut from Gilas..

as the only legit PG in that roster, it means they dont need his on court leadership anymore

http://community.hoops.ph/forum/topic/gilas-final-12-no-need-for-tenorios-leadership-and-abuevas-energy/

While I respect the decision of the Gilas coaches led by Tab Baldwin, I just can’t understand how they can leave out these 2 players who bring so many intangibles to the game.

LA Tenorio is a veteran of so many international battles, the national basketball team could certainly use his experience and leadership. Same with Calvin Abueva – he typifies the LabanPilinas and PUSO battlecry of the team, his hustle and energy is a must-have of the team, especially because of our homecourt advantage in the upcoming Olympic Qualifier.

I know the Gilas coaching staff have their reasons, I just hope they didn’t choose Ryan Reyes and Troy Rosario over Tenorio and Abueva because they belong to the MVP group. While they deserve to be in the Final 12, I just don’t agree giving up Tenorio and Abueva’s spot just for them.

See, even PBA Head Statistician and SMB Assistant Coach Peter Martin agree. http://community.hoops.ph/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/biggrin.png

http://imgwiz.com/images/2016/06/26/M4h5A.png

If you don’t agree, can you please explain what the advantages are of having Reyes and Rosario over Tenorio and Abueva? If you say height, don’t tell that to Calvin who has better rebounding averages than taller players in the PBA

Edited by daphne loves derby

decision yun ng gilas... they did not see the value of a natural point guard over sa mga scoring guards nila .... i can't speak about abueva, as of today, i don't like his style...

will cheer Gilas not because they were bolstered by the MVP-group players but because they are representing the Philippines

Ako...i dont like abueva.....but i respect his playing style and attitude....saw him played for gilas nun asian games and im quite impressed with him....pan international laro nya...banggaan and alot of hustle...kaya tingin ko mali talaga na cya ang nalaglag....over ryan reyes....sana nga decision ito ni tab....at nde na naman sumingit ang MVP group...

Regarding LA naman....sad to say....nde na cya nababagay sa gilas...he had his glory days....sobrang liit at nde makabantay sa opposing guards...malalaki at sanay sa banggaan mga international guards....mabubogbog lang si LA dun...

After Gilas exit, LA Tenorio doesn’t mind backup role to Ginebra rookie Scottie Thompson

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/basketball/news/detail/item391092/gilas-exit-la-tenorio-doesnt-mind-backup-role-ginebra-rookie-scottie-thompson/

“Actually natuwa nga ako because Scottie took advantage yung pagkawala namin ni Greg,” Tenorio said, noting the newfound confidence he saw from the former NCAA Most Valuable Player.

“I think it’s about time na mag-take charge na talaga siya as early as now para ma-feel na niya and I think this conference, siya ang aabangan talaga natin,” he added.

Thompson, Ginebra’s 5th pick in last year’s PBA Rookie Draft, scored 10 of his 12 points in a strong start in the opening quarter of the team’s 127-114 win against Tropang TNT 2 days ago.