Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Cone stressed he didn’t deserve to be in the podium talking to reporters during the post-game interview, where he reserved the credit to his second unit led by Thompson and Marcelo and to Ginebra’s legendary ‘sixth man,' praising the pro-Ginebra crowd for inspiring and pumping up the team to mount the comeback. “It’s the first time I’ve really been on the side of it. They should take great pride in helping us get back into that game. Truly, it’s the first time I’ve been on the side of it,” he said.

Read more at: http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/coach-tim-cone-denies-he-quit-on-ginebra-at-height-of-nlexs-third-quarter-rampage-

Cone stressed he didn’t deserve to be in the podium talking to reporters during the post-game interview, where he reserved the credit to his second unit led by Thompson and Marcelo and to Ginebra’s legendary ‘sixth man,' praising the pro-Ginebra crowd for inspiring and pumping up the team to mount the comeback. “It’s the first time I’ve really been on the side of it. They should take great pride in helping us get back into that game. Truly, it’s the first time I’ve been on the side of it,” he said.

Read more at: http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/coach-tim-cone-denies-he-quit-on-ginebra-at-height-of-nlexs-third-quarter-rampage-

Coach CTC, kami dito sa Ginebra MTC parating nasa Coliseum live para sumigaw ng GINEBRA GINEBRA GINEBRA at asarin yung mga kagaya ni Taulava (although he is such a nice guy, nadala lang siguro ng emotion). I, myself, will always be the hecker sa lahata ng kalaban ng Ginebra (well, paminsan minsan kakampi ang ibang team kapag kailangan manalo para pumasok ang Ginebra sa placings hehehe)

What CTC did (as per writeup) was me remembering the great Baby Dalupan. Ginagawa rin ni Dalupan yan nuon. Maski mapa Crispa or sa Great Taste or sa Purefoods.

Edited by photographer

READING ESSENTIALS

Scottie Thompson: The birth of a new Ginebra hero

http://www.slamonlineph.com/scottie-thompson-the-birth-of-a-new-ginebra-hero/

"Given the circumstance and how Ginebra fought back in the game, Thompson emerged as not only the player who saved them versus NLEX but a hero whom they can count on in the future."

Edited by daphne loves derby

Joe Lipa was suspended all because of various summons to the office which he ignored. Even as a consultant, the office of the commissioner is still higher in rank in the PBA heirarchy. That move is right as far as the commissioner is concerned.

I am in favor of the commissioner suspending Al Chua but that did not came into light.

Im not sure.on the extent of commish powers, but a consultant is a hand hired by the company to provide specific service. He is not a direct employee and thus the at the disposal of the company and not the association. Parang ganun intindi ko...i.maybe wrong sa interpretation ko. Hehe.

Anyway ang mahalaga gumaganda ang laro ng ginebra.

Minemenos sya ni uytengsu. Naturingan na si ctc ang literal na bumuo ng alaska franchise eh ang baba lang ng sweldo nya compared sa contemporaries nya. Ang paalam nya kay uytengsu eh magreretire na sya sa coaching then after a month eh nasa pf na sya.

A clue to this salary issue was when CTC won his first crown under SMC management he said................"college education all paid"........meaning mas malaki offer ng SMC kaysa sa Alaska.

A clue to this salary issue was when CTC won his first crown under SMC management he said................"college education all paid"........meaning mas malaki offer ng SMC kaysa sa Alaska.

Pag pirma nya ng contract sa smc eh may 7 figure signing bonus na at may lexus na suv pa. Sulit naman ang smc sa kanya.

Uytengsu and Cone had a fallout due to pressure. Alaska has a rule that in every conference, the team should at least reach the semifinals. And CTC failed to do this during the team's transition period. (POST ALASKA MILKMEN ERA - LA TENORIO ERA). This rule is also the main reason why Joel Banal and Luigi Trillo opted to resign during their tenure. And so Noli Eala comes to the rescue for the SMC.

"On September 1, 2011, Alaska team owner Wilfred Uytengsu announced that it has "released Tim Cone as head coach of the Alaska Aces" after his 22 years of service for the Alaska Aces.Uytengsu remarked that Cone requested to be released a week earlier. Cone was quick to deny in a press conference that he is set to coach B-Meg Llamados, another PBA team."

and the rest is history....

sabi nga ni Joker, if you are good at something never do it for free.....good for tim...

i remember tim as the only coach who can beat jawo on a more consistent basis... maybe because of the talent difference between the gins then and alaska... pero nung na uupgrade yata ang gins (marlou, bal et al)... naging medo patas na...

kaya ayoko sana si tim ang coach ng gins... gusto ko makabawi na ang ginebra sa kanya

heheheh

PLAYOFF SCENARIO:

IF alaska wins over barako we will be having a twice to beat advantage win or lose versus talk n text...and if ever talk n text beat global port since win over loser our team will move up to number 4 spot
1-??
2-??

3-??
4- Brgy. Ginebra San Miguel (7-4)
5- GlobalPort Batang Pier (7-4)
6- Talk'N Text Tropang Texters (6-5)
7-??
8-??
9-??
10-??
11- Meralco Bolts (eliminated)

Will it be star vs BGSM?

PLAYOFF SCENARIO:

IF alaska wins over barako we will be having a twice to beat advantage win or lose versus talk n text...and if ever talk n text beat global port since win over loser our team will move up to number 4 spot

1-??

2-??

3-??

7-??

8-??

9-??

10-??

Will it be star vs BGSM?

a quarterfinal series against star hotshots would be nice to watch. another manila classico encounter. honestly though, i don't even mind which team ginebra will be playing against as long as we have the twice to beat advantage. medyo may lamang na para makapasok sa semis. matagal-tagal na din tayong di nakakatikim ng semis.

If only Joe Devance could muster his old fiery form, isama na natin si Sol (remember he was once a D-League MVP an a popular Fil-Am underground by-word in the US); more exposure to Scottie; and consistent support from Dave and Jervy- BGK would be hard to beat

'Yung form n'ya sa pf ang talagang malaki ang naitulong para maka grandslam ang pf a few years ago, ngayon parang hesitant pa tumira kahit libre na

Pakiramdam ko time machine yung TV kanina at sila Bal David yung naglalaro. Sa tinagal tagal ng Caguioa-era ng Ginebra, ngayon ko lang ulit nakitang lumaban ng ganyan ang team.

Marcelo, hats off. Ganda ng laro mo ngayon.

Ellis, you made me eat my words too. Ambigat nung dalawang tres mo. Worth 22 points total.

Scottie Thompson. Just amazing. Imagining shades of a prime Bal David and Jayjay Helterbrand in this kid. Take note, rookie yan.

grabe grabe tlaga sarap tlaga mkita yun NEVER SAY DIE spirit ng BGK!

almost all 2half walang starters... mga Brgy Tanod ang naglalaro hehehe

good game... pati TnT isama na sa listahan!

Matagal-tagal nating 'di nakita ang NSD spirit na 'yan ng Ginebra and what a way to regain it

Only CTC can make that gamble to the 2nd unit so boldly

Pinakitaan tayo ni Ellis, at si JJ, credit to him - i saw an OLD MVP JJ Form (steal, rebound assist)

Marcelo, marcelo, marcelo - sana ganyan ka kada laro

and to scottie - after that 2 crucial freethrows, life will never be the same again for you. That is a very good confidence builder.

GOOD THINGS ARE COMING

Good game for Thompson last night! Go Ginebra!

Scorer naman talaga sa NCAA si Scottie, pero pagdating sa PBA parang he opts to pass rather than take the shot, pero nung game nila against nlex lumabas ang true game n'ya, kita n'yo naman 'yung ikot at 'yung tres, medyo parang kinakabahan sa FT dahil mababa percentage n'ya pero buti pumasok 2 FT's n'ya, malayo marating n'yan sa PBA at malamang s'ya maging heir apparent ni MC47

PLAYOFF SCENARIO:

1-??

2-??

3-??

7-??

8-??

9-??

10-??

Will it be star vs BGSM?

If the Barako Bulls wins against Alaska Aces, and Ginebra loses to Talk n' Text, BGSM will fall to 7th place.

If Barako loses to Alaska, win or lose vs Talk n' Text, Barangay Ginebra will have the twice to beat advantage.

if Ginebra and Nlex wins their last assignments, it will be a Manila Clasico.

Gins #4, Hotshots #9.

a quarterfinal series against star hotshots would be nice to watch. another manila classico encounter. honestly though, i don't even mind which team ginebra will be playing against as long as we have the twice to beat advantage. medyo may lamang na para makapasok sa semis. matagal-tagal na din tayong di nakakatikim ng semis.

I'd rather go for another team than the star hotshots, kita n'yo naman nung first game nila lakas ng tsamba ng star noon, nilamangan sila ng mahigit 20, plus of course the added inspiration sa star that they are wanting to get back at Tim Cone for leaving for

I'd rather go for another team than the star hotshots, kita n'yo naman nung first game nila lakas ng tsamba ng star noon, nilamangan sila ng mahigit 20, plus of course the added inspiration sa star that they are wanting to get back at Tim Cone for leaving for

i'd like to think na nakachamba ang star the 1st time they met gsm this season considering that that was the 1st game of ginebra. as we now know, gsm is peaking while star is struggling. although...yes star is and will be a dangerous opponent no matter their struggles. besides there will always be this added motivation for star to play well against coach tim...payback time ba? sabagay kung titingnan natin, nahirapan ang ginebra sa nlex, blackwater (both potential qf opponents) at natalo tayo sa ginebra 2.0...kaya importante talaga yung twice to beat advantage.