Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

this kid has won 5 straight championships with ateneo...5 championships in 5 years. i'm just wondering why this kid wasn't given the chance by his previous coaches to show his stuff. kung mapupunta sa ginebra ito, i think coach tim has some plans for him. bye-bye baracael?

IMHO "tweener" kasi siya ... the guy played PF during his college days at the Ateneo but yun built niya is pang-SF lang sa PBA. Needs to develop his game as a PBA SF specially a more consistent outside shooting.

Insider news.

First day of Ginebra practice.

Jens Knuttel, Josh Urbiztondo, Dorian Pena and Emman Monfort NOT at the practice venue.

Abangan ang lineup shaker in the next few hours or days.

"According to sources, there is a chance Pena and Urbiztondo can end up at GlobalPort in exchange for still unnamed players, although there is talk it might be for either Jervy Cruz or Jay Washington - or both".

"Both Cruz and Washington have been recently acquired by the Batang Pier in recent trades".

Okay na okay ito kapag natuloy, lalakas lalo ang frontline ng Ginebra kapag napunta si Jwash at Jervy Cruz or kahit isa lang sa kanila. pero i prefer Jwash, kasi pwede siya in 3 positions. pwede din sya isabay sa twin towers. either siya or si Japeth will slide to 3 position. Then LA or Sol sa palitan PG and Thompson and MC47 ang palitan for SG.

Edited by dinibdib

Eh mukhang tantyado na ni coach tim yun draft...nde nya kinuha si torres...pero ang nakakuha kay torres former team naman nya....hehehe...besides bakit hinayaan bumaba hanggang sa PF si torres? Dapat kinuha nlang ng nlex...

Biggest pressure kay tompson yun comparison nya kay flying A...if nakikinita ni tim na parang flying A tapos si chief photog nakikinita nya parang si jayson castro...mukhang we got a winner na :) not a bad rotation with LA mercado mark and thompson....sa backcourt...

I love nico salva during his college days with ateneo..hard nose defender....pwedeng pwede pamalit kay mac mac na....much better lang shooting percentage ni barrracael sa tres....nandyan naman si mariano and ellis...so ok na din sa 3 positon...

Which leaves us with japhet greg and brondial...need at least a serviceable big man pamalit kay greg....dyan ako nanhihinayang kay reyes and mamaril...alang kwenta din naman yun pinalit sa kanila....

"According to sources, there is a chance Pena and Urbiztondo can end up at GlobalPort in exchange for still unnamed players, although there is talk it might be for either Jervy Cruz or Jay Washington - or both".

"Both Cruz and Washington have been recently acquired by the Batang Pier in recent trades".

Okay na okay ito kapag natuloy, lalakas lalo ang frontline ng Ginebra kapag napunta si Jwash at Jervy Cruz or kahit isa lang sa kanila. pero i prefer Jwash, kasi pwede siya in 3 positions. pwede din sya isabay sa twin towers. either siya or si Japeth will slide to 3 position. Then LA or Sol sa palitan PG and Thompson and MC47 ang palitan for SG.

Jervy nalang mas bata pa at alang reklamo pag off the bench...consistent pa every time na pinapalaro ni coach yeng...jay wash ok sana pero ala na laro nito....would he accept his role na off the bench?....

Jervy nalang mas bata pa at alang reklamo pag off the bench...consistent pa every time na pinapalaro ni coach yeng...jay wash ok sana pero ala na laro nito....would he accept his role na off the bench?....

actually mas bata si Jervy (28y/o) compared to Jwash (33y/o). though Jwash can still play for at least 2 to 3 more years, plus mas matangkad siya, he's almost 6'6 compared kay Jervy na 6'4. and he can still play for 3 positions at may tira pa sa tres, si Jervy hanggang #4 lang.

I think there's no problem if Jwash will play off the bench, he knows his role and he knows his status in PBA. nasa twilight na din sya ng career nya, and much better pa nga if he will retire his jersey as Ginebra player.

Mukhang may meeting si Ms. Agent with Ginebra (or SMC) management today regarding trades/changes. (Including muse)

buti pa #aldub my forever sa basketball parang wala ..puros trades at changes haaay !

haha sabi ko sa ka meeting ko na team manager kanina , paki sigurado nga na si yaya dub ang muse niyo! lol @mainedcm #feelingagentakoniyaya

Guys I have some tsismis. Medyo pumapalag ata si MC at sa triangle na naman and nakarating kay CTC. Strong words were delivered by CTC sa media.

http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/mark-caguioa-has-to-reinvent-game-be-more-like-jojo-lastimosa-says-t

---------------------- and this is the reason ---------------------------------

http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/la-tenorio-tasked-to-assist-tim-cone-in-reacquianting-triangle-to-ginebra-teammates

Edited by photographer

By picking Thompson, Cone’s tenure with Ginebra is off to a good note

http://tiebreakertimes.com/tbt/picking-thompson-cones-tenure-ginebra-good-note/33898

“He has some uncommon skills, he is patient, he reads the court really well, he moves well with the ball and without the ball, he has a nose for the rebounds and feeds the post very well so these are uncommon things that make him a special player,” Cone said, adding Thompson is a player “just too good to pass up” even with Ginebra already having a stacked backcourt.

“I would have preferred to pick other players to fill out other positions because we are guard heavy, but it was just like taking Johnny Abarrientos, he is just too good to pass up. We are really fortunate we got him.”

“At some point he will get to us and he will have a chance to learn from a Jayjay Helterbrand and a Mark Caguioa, see what they do just to grow. We have an LA Tenorio there and Sol Mercado and Olsen Racela on our staff so we have some great mentors.”

Edited by daphne loves derby

That's a very big expectation, especially if you got compared to Johnny A. CTC handled The Flying A for most of his career, and he is one of those who knew what the guy's potentials are. If Cone saw that in you, well, good luck Scottie.

As far as other news are concerned... they are in pursuit of another versatile big man. A stretch 4.