Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

***IT IS IMPERATIVE NA MANALO TAYO IN ALL OF OUR REMAINING GAMES. ANY LOSS WILL OUTRIGHT ELIMINATE US. THE BEST RECORD WE WILL END UP WITH IS 5 WINS, 6 LOSSES***

AS SUCH, HINDI PERPEKTO ANG BASKETBALL, SO THE SCENARIOS I HAVE WILL COVER EACH AND EVERY POSSIBILITY NA MERON TAYO.

Eto yung remaining games na we should be VERY concerned about.

1. Star Hotshots vs. TNT

a. If TNT wins, they will be at 5-5. Star, 3-6.

b. If Star wins, 4-5. TNT, 4-6.

Preferred outcome: TNT must win. Less complications sa dulo.

2. ROS vs. KIA

a. If ROS wins, 6-4. Kia, 4-5.

b. Kia wins, 5-4. ROS, 5-5.

Preferred outcome: Either way, tinalo natin pareho itong dalawang team, so if the quotient system comes in due to a tiebreak, lamang tayo.

3. Barako Bull Energy vs. Barangay Ginebra San Miguel.

MUST WIN. NO OTHER ACCEPTABLE RESULT.

4. KIA vs. TNT

a. Kia wins, 6-4 or 5-5. TNT, 5-6 or 4-7.

b. TNT wins, 6-5 or 5-6. Kia, 5-5 or 4-6.

Preferred outcome: TNT must win. A win by Kia will make things a bit... complicated.

5. Barako Bull Energy vs. NLEX Road Warriors.

a. If Barako wins, 7-4. NLEX, 2-8.

b. NLEX wins, 3-7. Barako, 6-5.

Preferred outcome: Barako must win. A win by NLEX will make things a lot... complicated.

6. Star Hotshots vs. Barako Bull Energy.

a. If Star wins, 5-5 or 4-6.

b. Barako wins, 7-4.

Preferred outcome: BARAKO MUST WIN.

7. Meralco Bolts vs. ROS

a. Meralco wins, 6-4. ROS, 6-5 or 5-6.

b. ROS wins, 7-4 or 6-5. Meralco at 5-5.

Preferred outcome: A Meralco win should help us in the long run.

8. Star Hotshots vs. Blackwater Elite.

a. If Star wins, 6-5 or 5-6.

b. If Blackwater wins, Star at 5-6 or 4-7.

Preferred outcome: Praying to the basketball gods that Blackwater wins. A win by... nevermind will make things... interesting.

9. Kia vs. Meralco

a. Kia wins, 7-4, or 5-6. Meralco 5-6.

b. Meralco wins, 7-4 or 6-5. Kia at 5-6 or 4-7.

Preferred: Meralco win.

10. GINEBRA vs. NLEX. MUST WIN. NO OTHER ACCEPTABLE RESULT.

So with those results in mind, eto na yung magiging standings at the end of the elimination phase.

BLACKWATER - ELIMINATED. #12.

STAR HOTSHOTS

REMAINING GAMES: EITHER AT 3-8 (eliminated), 4-7, OR 5-6 (tied).

Quotient: -7.

Talk N' Text Tropang Texters

REMAINING GAMES: 6-5 OR 5-6 (tied).

Quotient: -4.

NLEX ROAD WARRIORS, one loss, they end at 10 or 11.

KIA CARNIVAL

REMAINING GAMES: 7-4, 6-5, 5-6 (tied) OR 4-7.

quotient: +7

MERALCO BOLTS

REMAINING GAMES: 7-4, 6-5, OR 5-6 (TIED)

QUOTIENT: -3.

RAIN OR SHINE

REMAINING GAMES: 7-4, 6-5, 5-6 (TIED)

QUOTIENT: +12.

So in this case, TNT and Meralco must win their last two assignments, while Ginebra winning the last two para Ginebra can end up at number 8. If Blackwater somehow beats Star, Ginebra ends at number 7.

Wow! what a comprehensive analysis...is that you Dean Quinito Henson? hehe!

May rumor na ba kung ittrade si Alfrancis Chua? Hahaha. :D

Sorry Bro, but I think Chualay is a better coach versus his successors.... he was able bring the best of BGK before the twin towers came in, that is , BGK went to the finals, though they did'nt win the championship...

^Quezon city na lng ata ang may Pag-asa hehehe

ang lamya ng depensa against Bolts nkkadismaya manood khit sa TV.

every team knows how to play against OJ if Coach FL hindi magbabago ng diskarte sa opensa aba sabi ko nga forecast na lng next season

kung itrade si Greg.. itrade na agad!

WHy trade? BGK's previous coaches was able to motivate GWSlaughter and became productive... now that becomes a challenge to FL.

Sorry Bro, but I think Chualay is a better coach versus his successors.... he was able bring the best of BGK before the twin towers came in, that is , BGK went to the finals, though they did'nt win the championship...

..and to think that we have OJ- arguably the best import of this conference

Yup!!! Yan ang quote ni FL kaya he prefers mercado over yeo...pero look at what has sol done lately compared with yeo.....as mentioned sa mga previous posts ko..i was very happy when gin traded for yeo...then got so frustrated with how the inutile coach used him...then FL with guns blazing suddenly traded for sol....was good for the first two games...pero ngayon ala na...while yeo has been superb...

OT...for those wondering or havent seen troy rosario plays...watch team sinag sa SEA games...magaling na bata...masipag...tama nga sabi nina sirs bughaw etc...a younger RDO with nice hops...drooling at the prospect of ginebra drafting him....sana... :)

MAraming naglalaway na makuha si Troy .... all around ba naman. may defense and variety of offense pa... magaling sa ilalim both offense and defense. .. may shooting pa...

i'll not be surprised if he even ends up being the no. 1 pick in lieu of tautua.

No.1 tautuaa

No.2 rosario

No.3 norbert torres...

May pagasa ba yun pick ng barako/ginebra na umabot ng #2?

Rosario not erick menk...more of RDO with hops....if ever sa ginkings mapunta...SF/PF cya...then pwede na itrade si barracael...hehehe

I just have 2 questions on last night's loss..

1.) Greg is playing well during the 1st 3Q (at last), and no one seems to stop him on the other side, so why benched him on the 4Q?

2.) You know the ball is going to Emmet, so why assign SOL Mercado as the main defender? not once but 3x on a crucial play AFTER a timeout?

- if ROS, Yeng will put Gabe

- if Alaska, Compton will put Abueva

- if Star, Tim will put Ping

- If SMB, Leo will put Arwind

- for GSM and FL, its SOL MERCADO?????? si ATO ba ang coach kagabi???

I have 30% hope on the team winning its last 2 games (against BB pa ung isa na atat na makalaban ang gsm)

and 5% hope on making it to the playoffs.. :(

Hehe...while i agree with your posts....

However....

I have 90% hope on the team winning its lasy 2 games...and another 90% hope on making it to the playoffs...NSD tayo eh :)

Edited by azraelmd
  • Like (+1) 1

Off night si oj ..... i hope he regains his bearings sa 2 hul8ng laro at magsabay sabay sila ni japeth at greg...

Hi-low play plus double low post ang dapat bread and butter play ng gins.... wag na nilang pag dribble in si kim and set a lot of pick for oj....

+1000

Lots of picks for both kim and OJ...especially with kim....kaso parang tamad magsipag bigay ng picks ang mga players eh...si marcelo brondial japhet lang ang nagpipick....oo nga pala pati si dorian with his bone crushing pick !!!

Edited by azraelmd

+1000

Lots of picks for both kim and OJ...especially with kim....kaso parang tamad magsipag bigay ng picks ang mga players eh...si marcelo brondial japhet lang ang nagpipick....oo nga pala pati si dorian with his bone crushing pick !!!

ang lamya ng depensa... nalulusutan ng mga PG for easy layups, yung mga offensive rebounds+points papano mananalo?

very hesitant tumira yung kim khit open na sya! mark man na si OJ so dapat magisip nman ng ibang play si FL..

i dont think the last 2 games will be an easy game para sa BGK....

• Like (+1) 1

No.1 tautuaa

No.2 rosario

No.3 norbert torres...

May pagasa ba yun pick ng barako/ginebra na umabot ng #2?

Rosario not erick menk...more of RDO with hops....if ever sa ginkings mapunta...SF/PF cya...then pwede na itrade si barracael...hehehe

RDO with hops OR a Taller/Longer Arwind Santos..

If Troy would end up being picked by another team, i trade si Baracael+Marcelo bilang kapalit! hehe..

Hehe...while i agree with your posts....

However....

I have 90% hope on the team winning its lasy 2 games...and another 90% hope on making it to the playoffs...NSD tayo eh :)

ang sakit na kasing umasa dre, hehe.. +1 year sa title drought...

And I am beginning to question FL's capacity/fit to the team. But I don't support any changes in the coaching staff for the next 3 years (9 conferences)

Regarding player movements, I think we just need a reliable SF who can score and defend at the same time (Rosario na to!)

I just have 2 questions on last night's loss..

1.) Greg is playing well during the 1st 3Q (at last), and no one seems to stop him on the other side, so why benched him on the 4Q?

2.) You know the ball is going to Emmet, so why assign SOL Mercado as the main defender? not once but 3x on a crucial play AFTER a timeout?

- if ROS, Yeng will put Gabe

- if Alaska, Compton will put Abueva

- if Star, Tim will put Ping

- If SMB, Leo will put Arwind

- for GSM and FL, its SOL MERCADO?????? si ATO ba ang coach kagabi???

I have 30% hope on the team winning its last 2 games (against BB pa ung isa na atat na makalaban ang gsm)

and 5% hope on making it to the playoffs.. :(

di ba sabi ni fl great defender si sol hehe.

ang lamya ng depensa... nalulusutan ng mga PG for easy layups, yung mga offensive rebounds+points papano mananalo?

very hesitant tumira yung kim khit open na sya! mark man na si OJ so dapat magisip nman ng ibang play si FL..

i dont think the last 2 games will be an easy game para sa BGK....

i agree chief...it will not be a stroll in the park for ginebra. definitely these last 2 games will define the character of ginebra. do they still have what it takes to win?

Sa palagay ko, execution is affected by how a coach relates to his players.... and fl should relate better to his players...

Is it just me pero kung mapapansin nyo sa huddles, pagtinatawag ni lim mga players, most of the time he calls them by their surnames or full first names...pansinin nyo si cone, jawo, dalupan, jong and black... nickname ang tawag nila sa mga players nila...sometimes this helps and look how they execute...