• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Roger Yap ‘at home’ in ABL

Written by : MEI-LIN LOZADA

Even though the Saigon Heat snapped san Miguel Beermen’s five-game winning streak and dealt the Beermen a, 66-63, upset loss, still SMB’s new man Roger Yap is happy with with the way things are turning out for him in the ASEAN Basketball League.

”I’m happy here in the ABL,” said the former Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) B-MEG Llamados guard. “Here I am given the trust and the playing time that I didn’t get in the PBA.”

When Yap joined his new team San Miguel early this month he has brought maturity to the team.

”Roger has brought maturity to the team,” said SMB head coach Bobby Parks who’s happy to have the 34-year old Yap in his roster. “Others can learn from him since he’s a great player and ha has been active in the PBA.”

Coach Parks doesn’t want to rush things that is why he slowly use Yap more importantly in the defensive end because according to him Yap is smart enough defensively.

After his stint in the ABL, Yap plans to return to the PBA but not with B-Meg anymore.

”After this I will go back to the PBA. Any team but not with B-Meg. I any hard feelings for my former team,” he explained.

Roger Yap 'at home' in ABL

• inShare

Written by : MEI-LIN LOZADA

Even though the Saigon Heat snapped san Miguel Beermen's five-game winning streak and dealt the Beermen a, 66-63, upset loss, still SMB's new man Roger Yap is happy with with the way things are turning out for him in the ASEAN Basketball League.

"I'm happy here in the ABL," said the former Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) B-MEG Llamados guard. "Here I am given the trust and the playing time that I didn't get in the PBA."

When Yap joined his new team San Miguel early this month he has brought maturity to the team.

"Roger has brought maturity to the team," said SMB head coach Bobby Parks who's happy to have the 34-year old Yap in his roster. "Others can learn from him since he's a great player and ha has been active in the PBA."

Coach Parks doesn't want to rush things that is why he slowly use Yap more importantly in the defensive end because according to him Yap is smart enough defensively.

After his stint in the ABL, Yap plans to return to the PBA but not with B-Meg anymore.

"After this I will go back to the PBA. Any team but not with B-Meg. I any hard feelings for my former team," he explained.

Ayaw na pala bumalik ni R.Yap sa BMEG.:ohmy: Baka Meralco ang gusto niya para magkasama sila ni R.Gregorio.:lol:

Pinisikal nila si Vroman hinahampas na wala man lang tawag kaya nadissapoint sa laro, ginawa dapat ng Ginebra pinisikal din ni Mamaril at Villanueva yung import ng BMEG para bawi.:angry2:

Wala kasi si Caguioa wala tayo legitimate scorer, si Canaleta isang laro puputok tapos next game malas.:lol:

parecoy basketball is a physical game, laro n lng sila ng chess para d masaktan.. ganyan talaga pag talo madaming dahilan... :lol:

i dont know how ginebra could carry on without mark caguioa

It's really tough for ginebra to win without "the spark" especially if no one steps up big time. without mark, you lose 20+ points, about 7 rebounds plus the intangibles. ginebra suddenly became the underdogs in this series. as it is now, ginebra will live or die with vroman. just my penny's thoughts.

Nice 1st quarter, pero there r 4 quarters....

i can see it coming... the poor rotation.. not because of history but.. seeing JJ and cortez... at the backcourt. without the spark averaging almost 19 points and 8 rebs.... kakapusin sila...JJ coming from a lay off...si Rob na lang ang true point off the bench... yes they clicked in t he 1st quarter, and went poof the rest...off pa si Dylan...haizzzz.. dapat maaga pa hinugot si J wilson and EVill...haizzzzztttt

i think having the cool Cat and J will/ababou , or JJ/ababou and Rob,, could be more productive , a combi that will not burn the Guard rotation.. without sacrificing ball carrier/distribution and Scoring at the guard spot...

and don't make subs via platoon...a gradual subs and re-subs of the first-stringers as to not affect the chemistry of the players playing... kaya nawawala momentum e.. naiiba agad timpla...well di sa nagmamagaling... eveident lang na palpak lang plus ang daming palpak last game... and hopefully naubos na ang palpak later.. bwehehehe....