Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

This is Good News:

"Lim, who replaced Ato Agustin after Ginebra's exit at the quarterfinal stage of the Commissioner's Cup, was joined by assistant coaches Olsen Racela and Freddie Abuda as well as conditioning coach Kirk Collier.

As Spin.ph reported earlier, Agustin and another former assistant George Gallent were no longer around. Team insiders said they are likely bound for Ginebra sister team San Miguel Beer."

Mukhang walang say ngayon si Chua sa coaching staff. It seems kakayanin niyang ibalik sa lupa yung mga diva.

Well ganito din ang mga sinabi nilang dalawa ni JJ about Cariaso during their first practices. Tignan natin kung magbabago ang tono kapag binawasan na ng malaki ang minuto at namura sa gitna ng laro.

Mark Caguioa says 'disciplinarian' Frankie Lim exactly what doctor ordered for Ginebra

AS Barangay Ginebra enters a new era under known disciplinarian Frankie Lim, superstar Mark Caguioa said it's exactly what the doctor ordered for the struggling team.

Contrary to what some fans feel that Caguioa is against anything that threatens his leadership in the team, the former league MVP stressed that it’s about time the Kings begin to look up to a coach who puts premium on discipline.

“I think coach Frankie is very strict and I think he can bring out the best in all of us,” Caguioa told Spin.ph on Monday at the end of Ginebra's first practice under Lim at the CCF Gym along Ortigas.

“He’s super strict, so let’s see what happens to this team. Now, I do think it’s about time we have a coach who is strict,” he said.

[see Lim puts premium on teamwork, ball movement as he lays ground work for Ginebra reign]

Caguioa immediately praised how the multit-titled coach of the San Beda Red Lions put the players through their paces in his first day at the office, making them do different drills and other stamina-building exercises.

He also welcomed Lim's attention to detail.

“First day pa lang ng practice, I can already see what will happen in the game, dahil he tells you every detail,” said Caguioa, who like all of Ginebra's players, was mandated to do weight training right after practice.

“I am glad that he is strict like him,” added the 35-year-old guard.

Caguioa stressed Ginebra, which is coming off a quarterfinal exit from the Commissioner's Cup, tends to relax during games due to the lack of somebody tough on the bench to make them toe the line.

He is a very strict, I know. For this team, that’s what we need. This team tends not to do the things we do in practice. Like I said before, ang galing namin sa practice, pero pagdating sa game, kanya-kanya na,” he said.

“First day pa lang sinisigawan na niya kami, sinisigawan niya ang mga beterano, all the way down to the rookies. That’s why you have a respect for the guy,” said the many-time All-Star.

The outspoken Ginebra star was also very vocal in saying that he’ll take whatever role Lim will give him.

“I’ll do whatever it takes to win. I don’t have to play with a lot of minutes, if I could help, then I would. I have no problem with a strict coach,” he said.

[see Ginebra trades Billy Mamaril for Barako's Dave Marcelo]

Asked if he is ready to receive some tongue-lashing from a fiery mentor like Lim, Caguioa said there’s no problem.

“That’s nothing. That’s part of (your job as a player). If ayaw mo masigawan, your ego will kick in. Mali 'yun. Madaming players that came from the bottom, na lagi ring nasisigawan, what happens to you then, you get better,” Caguioa said.

“Everyday should be a learning process, maski beterano ka na. Mapagalitan ka ng coach mo, masigawan ka, walang problema, learn from it,” he said.

Caguioa and Lim also go back a long way, even before he was picked third overall by Barangay Ginebra in the 2001 rookie draft.

Lim, then team manager of Mobiline (now Talk 'N Text), was supposed to draft Caguioa at No. 4 but was beaten to the draw by Ginebra which picked the US-based player behind Willie Miller (Red Bull) and Mike Hrabak (Shell).

Dati pa kami magkakilala kasi siya talaga kumukuha sa akin noong 2001,” said Caguioa as he shared the story to Lim's nine-year-old son Tyler.

Lim, meanwhile, said he is happy with how Caguioa is embracing the system he is introducing.

“I am happy that the players are excited. It’s a work in progress, but together we can achieve our goal. My first target is to impose discipline, then we’ll focus on winning games,” said Lim.

As for Caguioa, Lim has one simple line: “Mark will enjoy playing here.

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/news/mark-caguioa-ginebra-frankie-lim-new-coach-strict-coach-ccf-gym-first-practice-pba-te#1zuFh6mVciigOLvH.99

Well ganito din ang mga sinabi nilang dalawa ni JJ about Cariaso during their first practices. Tignan natin kung magbabago ang tono kapag binawasan na ng malaki ang minuto at namura sa gitna ng laro.

Mark Caguioa says 'disciplinarian' Frankie Lim exactly what doctor ordered for Ginebra

AS Barangay Ginebra enters a new era under known disciplinarian Frankie Lim, superstar Mark Caguioa said it's exactly what the doctor ordered for the struggling team.

Contrary to what some fans feel that Caguioa is against anything that threatens his leadership in the team, the former league MVP stressed that it’s about time the Kings begin to look up to a coach who puts premium on discipline.

“I think coach Frankie is very strict and I think he can bring out the best in all of us,” Caguioa told Spin.ph on Monday at the end of Ginebra's first practice under Lim at the CCF Gym along Ortigas.

“He’s super strict, so let’s see what happens to this team. Now, I do think it’s about time we have a coach who is strict,” he said.

[see Lim puts premium on teamwork, ball movement as he lays ground work for Ginebra reign]

Caguioa immediately praised how the multit-titled coach of the San Beda Red Lions put the players through their paces in his first day at the office, making them do different drills and other stamina-building exercises.

He also welcomed Lim's attention to detail.

“First day pa lang ng practice, I can already see what will happen in the game, dahil he tells you every detail,” said Caguioa, who like all of Ginebra's players, was mandated to do weight training right after practice.

“I am glad that he is strict like him,” added the 35-year-old guard.

Caguioa stressed Ginebra, which is coming off a quarterfinal exit from the Commissioner's Cup, tends to relax during games due to the lack of somebody tough on the bench to make them toe the line.

He is a very strict, I know. For this team, that’s what we need. This team tends not to do the things we do in practice. Like I said before, ang galing namin sa practice, pero pagdating sa game, kanya-kanya na,” he said.

“First day pa lang sinisigawan na niya kami, sinisigawan niya ang mga beterano, all the way down to the rookies. That’s why you have a respect for the guy,” said the many-time All-Star.

The outspoken Ginebra star was also very vocal in saying that he’ll take whatever role Lim will give him.

“I’ll do whatever it takes to win. I don’t have to play with a lot of minutes, if I could help, then I would. I have no problem with a strict coach,” he said.

[see Ginebra trades Billy Mamaril for Barako's Dave Marcelo]

Asked if he is ready to receive some tongue-lashing from a fiery mentor like Lim, Caguioa said there’s no problem.

“That’s nothing. That’s part of (your job as a player). If ayaw mo masigawan, your ego will kick in. Mali 'yun. Madaming players that came from the bottom, na lagi ring nasisigawan, what happens to you then, you get better,” Caguioa said.

“Everyday should be a learning process, maski beterano ka na. Mapagalitan ka ng coach mo, masigawan ka, walang problema, learn from it,” he said.

Caguioa and Lim also go back a long way, even before he was picked third overall by Barangay Ginebra in the 2001 rookie draft.

Lim, then team manager of Mobiline (now Talk 'N Text), was supposed to draft Caguioa at No. 4 but was beaten to the draw by Ginebra which picked the US-based player behind Willie Miller (Red Bull) and Mike Hrabak (Shell).

Dati pa kami magkakilala kasi siya talaga kumukuha sa akin noong 2001,” said Caguioa as he shared the story to Lim's nine-year-old son Tyler.

Lim, meanwhile, said he is happy with how Caguioa is embracing the system he is introducing.

“I am happy that the players are excited. It’s a work in progress, but together we can achieve our goal. My first target is to impose discipline, then we’ll focus on winning games,” said Lim.

As for Caguioa, Lim has one simple line: “Mark will enjoy playing here.

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/news/mark-caguioa-ginebra-frankie-lim-new-coach-strict-coach-ccf-gym-first-practice-pba-te#1zuFh6mVciigOLvH.99

FLASHBACK BACK BACK BACK.........................

Mark Caguioa leads embrace of Jeffrey Cariaso’s new triangle offense at Ginebra

With Jeffrey Cariaso taking over as coach of Barangay Ginebra San Miguel, he has installed the triangle offense, the vaunted system he learned under his mentor Tim Cone at San Mig Coffee.

While the system is notoriously hard to teach, Cariaso has found the Gin Kings welcoming the triangle with open arms, with no less than Ginebra heart and soul Mark Caguioa leading the way.

“We’ve been running the triangle for three weeks. Everyone needs to buy in to the system. You’ve got to be in there,” Caguioa told InterAksyon.com.

Even though Cariaso admitted that the team was still struggling to execute the new system, Ginebra displayed balanced production in its 89-71 win over GlobalPort. Import Zaccheus Mason scored 21 points, Greg Slaughter added 19, while Caguioa chipped in 15.

Despite his reputation for being a one-on-one player, Caguioa noted that the new equal opportunity system would make life easier for him.

“It’s a team offense. Hindi yung katulad dati minsan mayroon kaming tendencies na magkanya-kanya. This time, it’s a lot easier and everyone’s getting their shots,” said Caguioa.

“Itong sistema na ito, the ball will find you instead of you looking for the ball every time. Just run the offense.”

Slaughter, who Cariaso described as the perfect center for the offense, acknowledged that the system is already giving everyone better opportunities.

“The spacing and the equal opportunity for everyone. We’re a talented team. This system will bring out the best in everyone of us,” said Slaughter.

The 7-foot rookie expects the Gin Kings to improve at it as they become more familiar with the new system.

“This is my first time, we’ve only got into it two or three weeks,” he said. “As time goes on, we’ll be better and better.”

TAPOS PURO TWITTER NA ANG GINAMIT NANG MABAWASAN NG MINUTES SA COURT

Ano ba ang system ni Frankie Lim? mayroon ba siyang motion offense na ginagawa sa San Beda?

Yup...eto din gusto kong malaman...also defense oriented ba itong si frankie? Pangit din naman pag puro sigaw yan...

Lets wait and see..kung babaliktad na naman yun 2 diva...especially if frankie cuts their minutes...kaso ang kinakatakutan ko baka baliktad mangyari...tumaas yun playing time nila....

excited na ako mapanood ang ginebra frankie lim edition . sana wala ng war from within. ang gyera ay para sa kalaban hindi para sa kakampi..if only caguioa and jj can accept their roles on the team then it would be perfect. if not....RETIRE.

nagkaroon nga ng remarks sa TV4 Sports karamihan ng fans ng Ginebra na nag text at nag FB/Tweet sa kanila gusto nang mag retire yung dalawa. Then alisin si Ellis at Pena (kaso hindi pa puwedeng alisin si Pena). Palagay ko bubulukin ni coach is Dorian Pena in lieu of Dave Marcelo

Billy Mamaril was traded to Dave Marcelo... bakit si billy pa???? sana s idorian na lang...

this is a good trade, billy is already old and underrated center, while Dave is big, young and has defensive skill. He can play #4 and #5 positions and he can guard an import or big guys like belga, Pingris, Thoss...etc. tinapon na ng SMB sa Ginebra si Dorian, wala na tayo magagawa sa kanya kundi i adopt at pabayaan na lang mawala pag expire ng contract nya. nanghihinayang lang ako sa mga bigs ng Ginebra dati na nawala like Enrico Villanueva, Taha, Maierhofer at Faundo.

Hopefully they could get an import who can match up offensively and defensively with Marcus Blakely and Arizona Reid.

nagkaroon nga ng remarks sa TV4 Sports karamihan ng fans ng Ginebra na nag text at nag FB/Tweet sa kanila gusto nang mag retire yung dalawa. Then alisin si Ellis at Pena (kaso hindi pa puwedeng alisin si Pena). Palagay ko bubulukin ni coach is Dorian Pena in lieu of Dave Marcelo

ang problema eh di naman marunong makiramdam yung dalawang tanders na yan. marcelo actually is a nice addition. pena is about 8 seasons late.

Watching PTV Sports sabi ng isang host nakapanood siya ng practice ng Ginebra meron daw na sampolan at nasigawan. Hindi sinabi kung sino pero english yung sigaw. Malamang FilForeigner. "We have been practicing this f##k....................

this is what weve all been waiting for. dun sa mga fans na nag ka clamor na si yeng guiao na lang sa Brgy. well you got not yeng BUT with similar trait and decisiveness like him. Yari talaga ngayon ang mga pa diva. This is really good for Japhet and Greg, mas titigas yung 2 (Sana).

FLASHBACK BACK BACK BACK.........................

Mark Caguioa leads embrace of Jeffrey Cariaso’s new triangle offense at Ginebra

With Jeffrey Cariaso taking over as coach of Barangay Ginebra San Miguel, he has installed the triangle offense, the vaunted system he learned under his mentor Tim Cone at San Mig Coffee.

While the system is notoriously hard to teach, Cariaso has found the Gin Kings welcoming the triangle with open arms, with no less than Ginebra heart and soul Mark Caguioa leading the way.

“We’ve been running the triangle for three weeks. Everyone needs to buy in to the system. You’ve got to be in there,” Caguioa told InterAksyon.com.

Even though Cariaso admitted that the team was still struggling to execute the new system, Ginebra displayed balanced production in its 89-71 win over GlobalPort. Import Zaccheus Mason scored 21 points, Greg Slaughter added 19, while Caguioa chipped in 15.

Despite his reputation for being a one-on-one player, Caguioa noted that the new equal opportunity system would make life easier for him.

“It’s a team offense. Hindi yung katulad dati minsan mayroon kaming tendencies na magkanya-kanya. This time, it’s a lot easier and everyone’s getting their shots,” said Caguioa.

“Itong sistema na ito, the ball will find you instead of you looking for the ball every time. Just run the offense.”

Slaughter, who Cariaso described as the perfect center for the offense, acknowledged that the system is already giving everyone better opportunities.

“The spacing and the equal opportunity for everyone. We’re a talented team. This system will bring out the best in everyone of us,” said Slaughter.

The 7-foot rookie expects the Gin Kings to improve at it as they become more familiar with the new system.

“This is my first time, we’ve only got into it two or three weeks,” he said. “As time goes on, we’ll be better and better.”

TAPOS PURO TWITTER NA ANG GINAMIT NANG MABAWASAN NG MINUTES SA COURT

tama ka sir, nung hindi na sya ang focal point ng offense dahil laging center ang first recipient, nag aamok na sa social media. kala mo laging kasalanan ng triangle pag natatalo eh puring puri naman niya based dyan sa lumang interview. Sya talaga ang problema ayaw niya mag adopt gusto lang niya yung nakasanayan niya. tignan natin ngayon ang tigas mo ke Frankie Lim.

• Like (+1) 1

Rudy Hatfield babalik? hindi na sya bata pero i do think na well conditioned pa sya to play.. will Frankie Lim accept him back to the roster?

mukhang hindi na matutuloy yung trade LA-Pringle.... may say kya dito si Frankie Lim?

MC47 on a twitter hater

Social Media Scoop: Mark Caguioa of the Barangay Ginebra San Miguel is no stranger to the attacks of the haters online. He recently got into a heated conversation with one of them on social media. Check it out below.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BGst225mvd4/VP0gMifloNI/AAAAAAAAJXk/_tXw-v_lvRs/s1600/mark%2Bcaguiao%2Bhater.jpg

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/frankie-lim-says-bigger-younger-ginebra-squad-out-to-dominate-rebounding-battles

kailangan daw magpabata sabi ni frankie. siguro naman maliwanag na kina caguioa at helterbrand ang gusto ng coach. it's about time to pass the responsibilities to the young ones....maybe even think of retiring. we are thankful for what you have contributed to ginebra's cause in the past...for the championships that you have brought.

BGK's Asian import is dubbed "Asia's Kobe Bryant"

http://www.ballerspinas.com/2015/04/who-will-be-asian-import-of-ginebra-in.html

Indeed, he's much ballyhooed...'scary' pre-tournament lofty billing. Can he be up to the task?

hope he will not shoot so many bricks on court.. hehehe

been really curious about this tungalag and here is what i found on you tube. kobe bryant?...hmmm sana marunong pumasa :P :D

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/frankie-lim-says-bigger-younger-ginebra-squad-out-to-dominate-rebounding-battles

kailangan daw magpabata sabi ni frankie. siguro naman maliwanag na kina caguioa at helterbrand ang gusto ng coach. it's about time to pass the responsibilities to the young ones....maybe even think of retiring. we are thankful for what you have contributed to ginebra's cause in the past...for the championships that you have brought.

kya cguro nagsign up lng si JJ ng contract para sa isang conference lng hehehe