Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Pringle is magaling but has no leadership capabilities. Hindi puwedeng team captain. And.......nag uumpisa na maging injury prone. Stick with L.A. na lang. Laki ng contribution naman nito sa team. Nawawala lang ng focus dahil sa mga intriga nuong dalawang senior citizens.

talagang hindi binibitawan ang 2 gurang ha hehe....sabagay kahit ipamigay yung 2 eh wala tatanggap hahaha.

The IN thing sa PBA ngayon mga bata ang lineups. Ang ganda kasing panoorin ang mga harutang plays ng mga kabataan.

Well it seems majority here still wants LA to stay...pati si boss chief hehehe...hopefully nde na makialam yun dalawa sa coaching ni lim....with a new/old import...and of course the draft pick from barako...mukhang magiging exciting na ulit ang mga ginkings... :)

I remember nuong pumasok si Cariaso when the two divas were interviewed. Excited na sila sa new system ni Cariaso........that on camera but behind the camera.......intriga inabot ni Cariaso dahil hindi focal point ng offense yung dalawa. Nawawala sa kanila yung limelight. OK lang daw sa kanila ang off-the-bench pero simangot parati kapag hindi first five.

• Like (+1) 1

I remember nuong pumasok si Cariaso when the two divas were interviewed. Excited na sila sa new system ni Cariaso........that on camera but behind the camera.......intriga inabot ni Cariaso dahil hindi focal point ng offense yung dalawa. Nawawala sa kanila yung limelight. OK lang daw sa kanila ang off-the-bench pero simangot parati kapag hindi first five.

ngek...doble-kara nyahaha seriously, these aging divas apparently still have that superstar mentality. probably during their prime, yes...pero ngayong uugod-ugod na, dapat aminin na lang nila na di na nila kayang makipagsabayan.

i just feel that f lim would be able to move the gins forward although sayang at talagang ayaw yata talagang i approach si jawo ng management....

mga kabaranggay, i was reading to many posts about the dislike on mark and jj... i agree that they had lost their speed and maybe some talent (due to age) but they had carried this team previously and because of that my respect goes to them...

i also agree that JJ should retire and Mark should start to transition to another role but I do not believe that they are 'divas'.... maybe they are the acknowledged superstars of the team and de-facto leaders that is why they always speak their minds... i will not prefer cariaso over them maybe because i have a prejudice against the hullabaloo that SMC's spin doctors had put into the triangle and because it failed, they are somewhat shifting the blame to the players failure to adapt to the system... me narinig din ako dati na jeff is blaming the 2 guys for failing to lead the team pero sa laro, the ball is not in their hands...

am i missing something? would appreciate your thoughts on this...

Edited by *kalel*

ngek...doble-kara nyahaha seriously, these aging divas apparently still have that superstar mentality. probably during their prime, yes...pero ngayong uugod-ugod na, dapat aminin na lang nila na di na nila kayang makipagsabayan.

kadalasan nga pag binababad ang dalawang gurang na ito eh yung tumutusta sa ginebra eh yung mga gwardya ng kalaban nila.kahit si chico lanete pinapanis na lang tong 2 na to eh hehe.

i just feel that f lim would be able to move the gins forward although sayang at talagang ayaw yata talagang i approach si jawo ng management....

mga kabaranggay, i was reading to many posts about the dislike on mark and jj... i agree that they had lost their speed and maybe some talent (due to age) but they had carried this team previously and because of that my respect goes to them...

i also agree that JJ should retire and Mark should start to transition to another role but I do not believe that they are 'divas'.... maybe they are the acknowledged superstars of the team and de-facto leaders that is why they always speak their minds... i will not prefer cariaso over them maybe because i have a prejudice against the hullabaloo that SMC's spin doctors had put into the triangle and because it failed, they are somewhat shifting the blame to the players failure to adapt to the system... me narinig din ako dati na jeff is blaming the 2 guys for failing to lead the team pero sa laro, the ball is not in their hands...

am i missing something? would appreciate your thoughts on this...

I would agree with you. I never read or saw any solid evidence that JJ and Mark are divas. All are hearsay to me. I also respect them for their contribution to Ginebra

sorry! been out of the loop.

Thanks for pointing it out though.

I am just happy for Coach Frankie though and I hope he steers BGK to more wins.

no need to say sorry maam, i think we're just excited or happy for the new development since Ato already replaced by Frankie Lim.

I just hope too that the new coach would provide Fire, Tenacity and Killer instinct to GSM and would bring them to the next level of competitive basketball. :)

FORMER SAN BEDA COACH FRANKIE LIM READY FOR NEW CHALLENGES AS HEAD COACH OF GINEBRA

http://hoops.ph/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/frankie-lim-san-beda-640x427.jpg

From Lion King to Gin King.

That’s how newly-appointed Barangay Ginebra coach Frankie Lim described his ascension to the head coaching position of the most popular team in the PBA.

“I am honored and humbled to be appointed head coach of the most popular team in the PBA,” Lim wrote in a statement.

“I am thankful to management for giving me the trust and confidence and my duty is to bring the team to the next level of excellence, ensuring that we set higher goals for ourselves to bring back the fire, tenacity and win championships as we owe it to our dear fans.”

Lim has won championships both as a player and as coach of the San Beda Red Lions in the NCAA.

He has also been part of champion PBA teams, serving as an assistant coach to Eric Altamirano for a Purefoods squad that won the All-Filipino title and as a team executive with Mobiline, later known as Talk ‘N Text, enjoying success there as well.

He will be the head coach of a PBA team for the first time, though.

“I thank everyone for the support and rest assured I am committed to this role. Surely it is not an easy task, there will be changes, but change is good and I am up for the challenge,” he added.

Lim said Olsen Racela and Freddie Abuda, his former teammate at Purefoods, and American coach Kirk Collier will help him out in the coaching staff.

Meanwhile, former Letran coach Louie Alas, who was Lim’s former coaching rival in the NCAA, believes the multi-titled San Beda coach could bring wonders to Ginebra.

“May basketball knowledge 'yang si Frankie. He knows his coaching. Dating de-kalibreng point guard sa PBA 'yan eh,” said Alas, who also worked with Lim at Purefoods as members of Eric Altamirano’s coaching staff in 1997 to 1999.

“I think he can instill discipline and direction in the team. Hindi natin masabi kung ano mangyayari, but he can coach. Apat na straight na championship sa NCAA 'yan kaya sisiguraduhin ko sa yo, magaling mag coach yan," he added.

- sana nga si Frankie Lim na ang right coach for Ginebra...

Edited by Lyoto Machida

By trading away Forrester and Ababou, Ginebra stands to get one of these PBA draftees in return.

Forrester and Dylan Ababou in a trade on Tuesday, Barangay Ginebra cleaned house and bared a desire to start over under new coach Frankie Lim.

Forrester and Ababou are two gifted first-round draft picks who, for one reason or another, never really found their place in a Ginebra team that has undergone several facelifts under a variery of coaches over the years.

The trade signaled a willingness on the part of Ginebra to once again remake its roster, in the hope of finally putting together a team that could end a championship drought that extended to the 2008 Fiesta Conference.

The 2015 Barako Bull draft pick the Kings got in return for Forrester and Ababou may prove to be a valuable piece in that rebuilding process.

Barako Bull, you see, has failed to go deep in the playoffs in the first two conferences of the year. By all estimates, its first-round pick in the coming rookie draft should be in the top four, even going as high as No. 2 depending on the team's performance in the season-ending Governors Cup.

With the names expected to be in the 2015 draft class, here are some of the players Ginebra has a chance to get for Barako Bull's precious draft pick.

Simon Enciso

Ginebra is already loaded in its backcourt, but D-League watchers insist Enciso is worth a look for the Kings. Beaujing Acot, an analyst for ATC@IBC-13’s telecast of the PBA D-League, said the athleticism and quickness of the Notre Dame de Namur University Argonauts standout fits to the run-and-gun style of Ginebra.

“If you get Enciso, you are getting someone like a Mark Caguioa in the future,” Acot said.

The TV analyst said he believes Enciso can be an impact player with Ginebra or for any team for that matter, based on what he has been showing for Cebuana Lhuillier this season.

“When Mark Caguioa played in his rookie year, talagang ramdam mo siya kaagad sa court sa fastbreaks," said Acot. "When Enciso was having limited minutes with Cebuana, the team was having a hard time scoring. When Enciso got the minutes, he was averaging about 20 points in a game.”

Roi Sumang

The University of the East guard is another potential candidate for Ginebra, perhaps not for the No. 4 pick but for the other Ginebra selection in the first round. Acot, in fact, feels an Enciso-Sumang tandem may be a reincarnation of the 'Fast and Furious' tandem of Caguioa and Jayjay Helterbrand.

“It is like a second version of the Fast and the Furious,” Acot said, referring to a Enciso-Sumang tandem. “Alam naman natin na up-tempo basketball ang gusto ng Ginebra and Sumang also plays a ‘rah-rah’ style. ‘Yun ang magiging asset ng Ginebra.”

Garvo Lanete

Skipping last year’s PBA draft to play in the D-League for one more season, Lanete now finds himself in line for a possible reunion with his former coach at San Beda, Frankie Lim. Familiarity with Lim’s coaching style will definitely play a part if ever Ginebra decides to pick him.

“We are talking about loyalty. ‘Yung familiarity, hinahanap din ‘yan ng mga coaches. Iba rin ‘yung may tiwala sa player,” Acot said.

Other than his past association with Lim, Lanete happens to be one of the best shooters in the 2015 class - a welcome addition, if ever, for a team that is looking to spread the floor to give Greg Slaughter and Japeth Aguilar more room to operate inside.

“Kailangan nila ng shooter to surround Slaughter and Aguilar,” said one college coach. “And one of the best available shooters na papasok sa draft is Lanete and possibly Don Trollano (of Adamson and Cagayan Gerry’s)”

There is just one problem, though. Lanete has for so long been associated with the PLDT group, which may beat Ginebra and Lim to the draw in the coming draft.

Aljon Mariano

With Ginebra already loaded in the bigs and guard positions, Ginebra may find use for a small forward like Mariano. According to Acot, Mariano, who plays for Tanduay Light in the PBA D-League, has the potential to become a very good playerin the mold of Ranidel De Ocampo - if he improves. He can also play multiple positions.

“On the slow break, Aljon Mariano can bring down the ball, he can play power forward, small forward, and off guard positions as well,” Acot said.

Incidentally, Mariano played for a former Barangay Ginebra player in Pido Jarencio during his UST days.

Troy Rosario

Basketball pundits believe Rosario is the next best player in the amateurs outside Moala Tautuaa and Simon Enciso. If Ginebra plays the “best talent available” strategy in the draft, the former National University standout could very well be Ginebra’s man.

The now Hapee cager has seen tremendous improvement over the past few months, becoming a versatile player for the Fresh Fighters in the PBA D-League who could possibly play small forward after being a power forward and center during his time with the Bulldogs.

However, Rosario could be a duplication of sorts to the other players of Ginebra like Slaughter, Aguilar, or even Rodney Brondial. Most analysts Spin.ph talked to, however, thinks Rosario won't go outside the Top Three in the coming PBA rookie draft.

Moala Tautuaa and Bobby Ray Parks

If for some reason Ginebra gets the number one or two picks, the choice should come down to Tautuaa or Parks.

After a stint in the Asean Basketball League (ABl), Tautuaa made a big impact for Cagayan Valley, leading the Rising Suns to the finals before bowing to Hapee in the Aspirants Cup. Parks, on the other hand, is a two-time MVP of the UAAP who won the same award in the PBA D-League with Hapee last conference.

There is no doubt in the minds of experts Spin.ph talked to that Tautuaa and Parks will be the top two picks in the coming PBA draft. The question is, will Ginebra get a shot at signing any of them?

© Reuben Terrado - pulot sa web

Pag ba me asian import, pwede pa rin kumuha ng regular na import? Ang sa akin kasi, parang sablay tong idea na ito kasi most asian players can be defended by the locals... aaagaw lang ng playing time tong mga to tapos maliit lang ang technology at know-how transfer....

Pag ba me asian import, pwede pa rin kumuha ng regular na import? Ang sa akin kasi, parang sablay tong idea na ito kasi most asian players can be defended by the locals... aaagaw lang ng playing time tong mga to tapos maliit lang ang technology at know-how transfer....

chief i think all 12 teams have the option to get the services of an asian import with a height of no more than 6'3" outside of their regular import. top 8 teams will have an import of no more than 6'5" while bottom 4 will have imports with unlimited height. so no wonder babalik si pj ramos of kia at si alabi ng barako.

chief i think all 12 teams have the option to get the services of an asian import with a height of no more than 6'3" outside of their regular import. top 8 teams will have an import of no more than 6'5" while bottom 4 will have imports with unlimited height. so no wonder babalik si pj ramos of kia at si alabi ng barako.

oks.. thanks..

pero ganun pa din di ba... defendable sila ng locals at aagaw lang ng playing.... tapos malamang maliit lang matulong sa basketball tech transfer..

Edited by numina

Dude, parang off un sinasabi mong "technology at know-how" transfer...ke american o asian import hindi yan ang objective. Hiring an import is a just short term patch up solution for one team's area of weakness.