Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Guest demon nick fury

Not good for Ginebra to lose 2 straight games especially near the end of the elimination round. But I think they can still rebound from these misfortunes and turn things in their favor later on. That "never say die attitude" must prevail!

Not good for Ginebra to lose 2 straight games especially near the end of the elimination round. But I think they can still rebound from these misfortunes and turn things in their favor later on. That "never say die attitude" must prevail!

Ginebra traded Jensen for Urbiztondo!

IMO, it's another questionable trade by BGK.. They definitely can use Jensen's size and play as backup for Kerby, Wilson or even Hatfield.. We already have Rob, L.A and jayjay to play the point.. L.A and JayJay can even play the 2 spot.. I really don't see why they decided to trade a young player with a decent height to play a 3 or 4 spot for another point guard.. 1 stat that stands out for Urbiztondo is his turnover to assist ratio.. He doesn't have too many assist and he commits way too many turnovers.. I just hope that this trade doesn't backfire on BGK's run for the title.. I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed for now.. :huh:

Sources: Ginebra made last-minute bid to swing trade for AguilarBy Snow Badua

April 18, 2013, 04:56 pm

[/url]

http://contents.spin.ph/image/taha-aguilar-miller.jpg

BARANGAY Ginebra tried to acquire Japeth Aguilar just before the trade deadline but failed to swing a deal with Globalport, multiple sources from both camps admitted on Thursday.

Badly needing to shore up its frontline for the Commissioner's Cup playoffs with starter Billy Mamaril out injured, Ginebra tried to work out a trade for Aguilar and former player Willie Miller in exchange for seldom-used big man Yousif Taha, Elmer Espiritu, and Robert Labagala.

The deal, however, failed to push through as the deadline for player movements lapsed on Thursday, although Ginebra did manage to acquire Fil-Am guard Josh Urbiztondo from Barako Bull in another trade for rookie Keith Jensen and a future second-round pick.

“Gusto kasi nung isang team, i-maintain yung mga players nila up to the third conference. Nag-a-adjust pa kasi (yung players sa isat-isa),” said the source on the aborted trade.

The failed bid was confirmed by sources from the two camps.

“Tingin ko malabo na yan, kasi maikli na rin yung panahon para sa preparasyon. Mabubulabog yung team nung isa. Huwebes na ngayon, Sabado yung laban (ng Ginebra). Paano isisingit (si Aguilar) sa rotation?” said another source.

Aguilar has long been on the radar of Ginebra, and was in fact bound for the Kings camp under the original terms of a six-team, multi-player deal put together by five teams (Click here for related article) prior to the start of the Commissioner's Cup.

When San Miguel Corp. suddenly pulled out of the transaction, former Talk 'N Text mainstay Aguilar ended up at Globalport which has since made the former US NCAA Division I player a fixture in its starting rotation.

Swinging a deal for Aguilar at this time has become more difficult for Ginebra, especially with Globalport owner Mikee Romero standing path on his belief that the former Ateneo center can be a major piece in Batang Pier's ambition to build a future championship contender.

There were also doubts that even if the two sides managed to agree on the swap, the deal would get the approval of the PBA Commissioner's Office under the terms laid down by Ginebra.

Ginebra traded Jensen for Urbiztondo!

IMO, it's another questionable trade by BGK.. They definitely can use Jensen's size and play as backup for Kerby, Wilson or even Hatfield.. We already have Rob, L.A and jayjay to play the point.. L.A and JayJay can even play the 2 spot.. I really don't see why they decided to trade a young player with a decent height to play a 3 or 4 spot for another point guard.. 1 stat that stands out for Urbiztondo is his turnover to assist ratio.. He doesn't have too many assist and he commits way too many turnovers.. I just hope that this trade doesn't backfire on BGK's run for the title.. I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed for now.. :huh:

Kumuha na naman sila ng guard? Sayang si Jensen

Nanghihinayang ako ke Jensen, a talented player galing sa PBA D-League tapos noong nasa Ginebra na seldom na gamitin, nawalan na ng confidence. Tingin ko, the trade is a preparation for Helterbrand's retirement, maski maganda din ang pinapakita ni Labagala lately they want someone who can ably substitute Tenorio and make an impact and they probably see that in Urbiztondo who is a streak shooter pero can be out of control sometimes. Sana lang hindi sila manghinayang gaya noong time na pinakawalan nila si Baguio, Canaleta, Wilson, Cortez, etc. who are doing well for their respective team/s

Edited by Agent_mulder

Josh Urbiztondo ‘honored, excited’ to play for most popular team Ginebra

Rey Joble, InterAKTV · Wednesday, April 17, 2013 · 6:24 pmhttp://cms.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2013/04/josh-urbiztondo-barako-ginebra.jpgAKTV/Paolo Papa

Josh Urbiztondo was informed by Barako Bull management about his trade to Barangay Ginebra San Miguel on Wednesday, and the deadshot guard immediately expressed his excitement about joining his new team for the playoffs.

“I’m honored and excited. We all know Barangay Ginebra San Miguel is the most popular team in the PBA,” Urbiztondo told InterAKTV in a telephone interview.

Urbiztondo will have his first practice session with the Gin Kings on Thursday morning after the deal that sent him to Ginebra in exchange for rookie forward Keith Jensen and a second round pick.

“I need to learn the system fast,” added Urbiztondo. “I hope I can help my team immediately in the playoffs.”

Urbiztondo has had a banner Commissioner’s Cup, averaging 12.7 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 5.6 assists for the tournament. But he failed to lead his team to the playoffs, as Barako Bull finished ninth despite a promising start.

The Filipino-American guard, who helped the B-MEG Llamados to the Commissioner’s Cup last season, is expected to boost the Ginebra backcourt, which is still missing injured superstar Mark Caguioa.

:rolleyes: mas mabuti pang hindi na lang nakipag-trade... tsk3...

Labagala had already made himself worthy for so many times... hindi na kailangan ng isa pang pointguard...

unless bigla na lang tumanda si LA ng mas mabilis pa kay Labagala, pwede ba yun???

kaya nga mga sir, forwards and centers yung kailangan ng team, heavy na sila sa guard line up... unless papalitan na nila yung Ginebra Gin Kings to Ginebra Security Agency...

adequate substitute na si labagala for LA kahit pa mag-retire na si helterbrand

So far, wala naman akong nakikitang mali sa trade kay Jensen. Nagkataon lang siguro na out of the 3 rookies na meron sila, mas prefer nilang i-keep si Ellis and Taha dahil mas promising ang potential. Temporary lang naman yan dahil siguradong pagbalik ni MC47, bangko yan. Although, IMHO, si Intal na lang sana ang kinuha or si Maliksi na lang ulet.

BIG win by Ginebra! Ganda ng nilaro ni kerby sa start ng 4th.. Pero si Jayjay pa din ang nagbigay ng panalo sa Gin Kings!!!! Isama mo na yung magandang nilaro ni Urbiztondo.. Buti na lang that the trade paid off.. Sana maging consistent sya sa team as play maker.. See you on monday ROS! Let's go team! Let's go Ginebra!!!!!!

kaya nga mga sir, forwards and centers yung kailangan ng team, heavy na sila sa guard line up... unless papalitan na nila yung Ginebra Gin Kings to Ginebra Security Agency...

adequate substitute na si labagala for LA kahit pa mag-retire na si helterbrand

IMHO, Urbiztondo is a great fit for ginebra. Offense with defense and a little swagger. He played a good defense on lee na hirap gawin ni tenorio or labagala.

IMHO, Urbiztondo is a great fit for ginebra. Offense with defense and a little swagger. He played a good defense on lee na hirap gawin ni tenorio or labagala.

i would like to keep my reservations about Urbiztondo, medyo suspect kasi yung consistency nya on the offense and i would prefer to see labagala develop more, for the defense on lee, ellis could match-up and maybe espiritu due their length and athleticism. just my thoughts as a fan of the team...