Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Natawa nga ako nang unang maka score si Hill, akala mo last second shot sa midcourt ang sigawa. Buong gabi walang ginawa ang Ginebra crowd kundi asarin si Hill hahaha. Well, first game pa nga lang pero makikita mo naman ang galaw. Malamya. Si Donnell Harvey daw (dating TNT) available na for any team.

Side show:

Cortez had 13 points, six rebounds, four assists, two steals and one block against his former team last night.

MANILA - Mike Cortez admits that one of his favorite teams to play against is Barangay Ginebra San Miguel.

But though he emerged as the top Express in Air 21's scintillating, 74-70 win over Ginebra, Cortez declared: "I have nothing to prove to anybody. Because everybody knows how I play…"

Cortez scattered nine of his 13 points in the final period, to add to his game totals of six rebounds, four assists, two steals and one block in 35 minutes of solid performance for the Franz Pumaren-steered Air 21 side.

"Trabaho lang yun, hindi personalan," the former De La Salle Green Archer told Solar Sports Desk while putting on his street clothes after an impressive game.

"It's always fun playing against Ginebra. Hindi tulad nung ibang team, hindi ako close sa players," explained the Cool Cat. "Sa Ginebra there's a lot of chatter and trash talk during the game."

Cortez admits that he would often trade barbs with former teammates Mark Caguioa, Jayjay Helterbrand and Willie Wilson.

"Masarap maasar yung mga yun. Barangay Ginebra sila… darling sa PBA. Pero yung asaran namin is in a fun way naman," he added.

"That's how we are, hindi kami nagkakapikunan. Mas gumaganda pa nga mga laro namin if we trash talk one another," expressed Cortez, who even revealed his dinner date with the three Kings after that game.

"Mamaya (Sunday night) nga mag-dinner kami nila Mark, Jayjay and Willie. My team won so I have more reasons to piss them off," Cortez said with a chuckle.

Asked if he misses playing for Ginebra, Cortez only replied: "I am still their friend. We still go out together. Nothing changed naman except our uniforms (during an actual game)."

Ginebra to seek other options if Hill continues subpar play

By Snow Badua

Barangay Ginebra has a few other import options in case Hill doesn't live up to the team's expectations

MANILA - Aside from Donnell Harvey, Barangay Ginebra San Miguel is said to have a plethora of import options, in case current reinforcement Herbet Hill will continue to play below expectations.

Harvey's agent, Sheryl Reyes, told the media that there are teams inquiring about the former Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters import, and she did not deny the fact that one of them is Ginebra.

Ginebra governor Robert Non revealed to Solar Sports Desk that the team has long been evaluating the market for a possible replacement.

The current PBA Chairman of the Board even admitted that they nearly sealed a deal with Jamaican center Jerome Jordan, until he was offered a reserve player contract by the Los Angeles Lakers.

Another import choice, but never got to sign a deal with the Kings is Nigerian Olympian center Ike Diogu.

Fans of Barangay Ginebra San Miguel are disappointed with the Commissioner's Cup debut of Hill, and now pleading the management to explore the import market.

In a forgettable conference opener for the crowd favorite squad, Hill contributed 17 points and 18 rebounds. But sadly, those numbers were not as impressive as it should be.

The Kingston, North Carolina native tallied a lackluster poor field goal percentage, beginning with a woeful 0-10 shooting in the first quarter before finishing on 7-of-24 tally.

The former Utah Jazz draftee also proved inefficient in defense, allowing Air 21 Express counterpart Michael Dunigan 26 crucial points, most of which from his deadly hook shots, that Hill failed to address on the defensive end.

But teammate Rudy Hatfield believes Hill has the talent to show his full potential given the chance.

"He has good perimeter, he shows a good inside game in practice… I hope he'll be given a little more time to show that in a real game," said Hatfield. "I guess he was just roughed up tonight."

Ginebra's former MVP Jayjay Helterbrand, for his part, is pleading that Hill should avoid a slow start next game.

"He needs to pick up his game immediately. We need him scoring in the first quarter and until the final buzzer," said Helterbrand, while shaking his head at the recollection of Hill's poor first half.

Even the Dean (Philstar's Quinito Henson) wasn't impressed with Hill:

"While nobody’s confirming who’s on the bubble, the import with the least chance of surviving appears to be Hill. He could be the first to go unless Marcus Douthit’s backup at Providence College displays a phenomenal transformation when Ginebra battles Global on Friday."

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2013/02/12/907810/whos-first-import-go

A new coach, new player in Mac Baracael, akala ko may mababago sa rotation ng players at system, pero as I saw it, ganun pa din, MC47 forcing his shots and not passing maski may libreng team mate/s tsk. tsk.

imo gin kings should already look for a replacement for hill.

bakita naman sir... sa simula lang naman yun 0-10 FG nya ah!!! :lol:

Nothing Hill na nga tawag ng mga commentator sa kanya eh dapat na talagang palitan yan wag na umasa Ginebra na babalik condition nyan baka sa kangkungan na naman sila pupulutin nyan this conference.

Late man ang reaction ko sa napanood ko last Sunday, well ang masasabi ko lang, noon suspect ang FT shooting ni Hill, now we know na pati sa laro walang binatbat si Hill, para sa akin ok ang imports ng barako bull at globalport pero si Hill dapat palitan na agad..

during practice pa lang, alam na nila na mahina itong nakuha nilang import na si Hill, pero wala pa din silang drastic move... hihintayin pa yata nila na malubog sila sa team standing bago kumilos ang management ng Ginebra. sad.gif

Malamang ganyan nga ang mangyayari, kung kelan sunod-sunod na ang talo nila saka lang nila maiisipan na palitan si Hill....

Ginebra to seek other options if Hill continues subpar play

By Snow Badua

Barangay Ginebra has a few other import options in case Hill doesn't live up to the team's expectations

MANILA - Aside from Donnell Harvey, Barangay Ginebra San Miguel is said to have a plethora of import options, in case current reinforcement Herbet Hill will continue to play below expectations.

Harvey's agent, Sheryl Reyes, told the media that there are teams inquiring about the former Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters import, and she did not deny the fact that one of them is Ginebra.

Ginebra governor Robert Non revealed to Solar Sports Desk that the team has long been evaluating the market for a possible replacement.

The current PBA Chairman of the Board even admitted that they nearly sealed a deal with Jamaican center Jerome Jordan, until he was offered a reserve player contract by the Los Angeles Lakers.

Another import choice, but never got to sign a deal with the Kings is Nigerian Olympian center Ike Diogu.

Fans of Barangay Ginebra San Miguel are disappointed with the Commissioner's Cup debut of Hill, and now pleading the management to explore the import market.

In a forgettable conference opener for the crowd favorite squad, Hill contributed 17 points and 18 rebounds. But sadly, those numbers were not as impressive as it should be.

The Kingston, North Carolina native tallied a lackluster poor field goal percentage, beginning with a woeful 0-10 shooting in the first quarter before finishing on 7-of-24 tally.

The former Utah Jazz draftee also proved inefficient in defense, allowing Air 21 Express counterpart Michael Dunigan 26 crucial points, most of which from his deadly hook shots, that Hill failed to address on the defensive end.

But teammate Rudy Hatfield believes Hill has the talent to show his full potential given the chance.

"He has good perimeter, he shows a good inside game in practice… I hope he'll be given a little more time to show that in a real game," said Hatfield. "I guess he was just roughed up tonight."

Ginebra's former MVP Jayjay Helterbrand, for his part, is pleading that Hill should avoid a slow start next game.

"He needs to pick up his game immediately. We need him scoring in the first quarter and until the final buzzer," said Helterbrand, while shaking his head at the recollection of Hill's poor first half.

Geez palitan na agad, no ifs and buts!!

I agree. I saw the game and he didn't just have any offense going.

Wala talagang offense bro hehe

Mbenga expresses keen interest in hooking up with Kings, says agent By Snow Badua

February 13, 2013, 05:12 pm

http://contents.spin.ph/image/mbenga-nba.jpg Seven-year NBA veteran DJ Mbenga may soon find himself donning a Ginebra uniform. nba.com

IT appears the feeling is mutual for former Los Angeles Lakers center DJ Mbenga and Barangay Ginebra.

“Ginebra seems interesting,” Mbenga was quoted as saying by import agent Sheryl Reyes, who chatted with the former two-time NBA champion as negotiations for his possible signing of the Kings appear to be progressing positively at this point.

“He really sounded positive.”

The lady agent said Mbenga - eyed as a replacement for Herbert Hill - is now carefully doing his homework trying to learn more about the Ginebra franchise and its current players.

The 7-foot Congolese-Belgian in particular wants to see videotapes of some of the team’s games and those of players Mark Caguioa, LA Tenorio, Rudy Hatfield, and Chris Ellis.

“Coach Alfrancis (Chua) will be sending me the highlights of their game, which I will send din later (to Mbenga),” said Reyes, rating the chances of convincing the seven-year NBA to try out the local league at "85 percent."

“Gusto niya kasing makita if there’s a big possibility he can win a championship with the team (Ginebra),” added Reyes. “Medyo concerned kasi siya sa role niya na maging go-to-guy.”

That Mbenga is very particular with the Kings' title chances is understandable.

According to Reyes, Mbenga was a little bit disappointed with his recent stint in the Chinese Basketball Association, where he and former NBA star Tracy McGrady suited up for a lottery-bound team (Qingdao DoubleStar).

“Mahina `yung locals nila, tapos sa kanila iniaasa,” said Reyes of Mbenga’s China stop.

But the situation will definitely be a lot different with Ginebra.

“I think with the way he’s looking at the welcome of the fans, and the hype Philippine media is giving him, I am hoping he will have yes for an answer,” Reyes said.

At the latest, the lady agent expects to have a reply from the 32-year-old Mbenga by late Wednesday night or by Thursday.

Follow the writer on Twitter: @snowbadua

eto stat ni mbenga

Regular season

Year Team GP GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG

2004–05 Dallas 15 1 3.9 .429 .000 .750 .5 .0 .0 .3 1.0

2005–06 Dallas 43 1 5.5 .533 .000 .500 1.3 .0 .1 .6 1.7

2006–07 Dallas 21 0 3.8 .313 .000 .875 .5 .3 .1 .2 .8

2007–08 Golden State 16 0 8.1 .391 .000 .500 1.9 .3 .2 .6 1.2

2007–08 LA Lakers 26 0 7.5 .492 .000 .400 1.6 .2 .2 .6 2.5

2008–09 LA Lakers 23 0 7.9 .474 .000 .875 1.3 .4 .4 1.0 2.7

2009–10 LA Lakers 49 2 7.2 .466 .000 .474 1.8 .2 .1 .6 1.8

2010–11 New Orleans 41 0 8.0 .469 .000 .722 2.1 .1 .2 .7 1.4