Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

while maganda ang nilaro ni Elmer Espiritu early on, I believe the reason why hindi na siya naibalik is because he would like a taller and more athletic ELLIS to guard Casio who's been hurting GSM with his 3 point bombs off high screens. A defensive match-up so to speak.

Rico M had a tough time guarding Espinas specially in the post.

yup i agree it;s a defensive match up , add ko lang na di lang last game.. palagi kasing si sioty ang nag-aadjust. and that makes him predictable... kulang siya sa "art of war" - Variation in Tactics/The Nine Variations focuses on the need for flexibility in an army's responses. It explains how to respond to shifting circumstances successfully. at times make use of what appears as ones weakness to obtain max damage...yung defensive switch actually also produced a mismatch buti na lang hindi na maximize ng aces... it left LA taking on DonDOn :mellow:

I watch the pba and im a fan of global port and ginebra( since the ampalayo, gonzalgo and distrito days pa) kaya tingin ko yun madaming guards ng ginebra and style ni siot nde uubra pag pumasok cla ng semis na puro may malalaki or rather dependable na malalaki sa loob na makakalaban nila considering na yun mga top teams ngayon halos nay magagaling na guard n shooting guards din

November 25, 2012 6:30PM 57 Barangay Ginebra San Miguel Kings vs Rain or Shine Elasto Painters Smart Araneta Coliseum

November 30, 2012 7:30PM 61 Air21 Express vs Barangay Ginebra San Miguel Kings Smart Araneta Coliseum

December 02, 2012 4:15PM 63 Barangay Ginebra San Miguel Kings vs Barako Bull Energy Cola Smart Araneta Coliseum

December 09, 2012 6:30PM 70 Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters vs Barangay Ginebra San Miguel Kings Smart Araneta Coliseum

Edited by photographer

pansin ko lang, hirap si Siot re-insert mga players niya sa 4th Quarter and especially sa endgame..specifically Elmer Espiritu and Maierhofer last night, ganda pa naman ng laro nila ng 1st half. Na overlook din ni Siooty foul troubles ng Big man at ni Skyrus, mas maaga siguro silang na foul out kung na exploit nila yun earlier... ang dami kasing one on one plays nung early minutes ng 4th quarter, buti na lang we get the lucky brakes and lucky bounce.. muntik pa talagang madisgrasya ni Skyrus... :blink:

mejo glaring pa din yung butas sa gitna... buti na lang di nag foul trouble si Billy , i still wished t'w as Rob Reyes over Taha... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nangangapos din si LA... :( , need talaga ni JJ maging consistent, or make use of Robbie more...

nice BGK... .500 mark na tayo B)

Sayang si Kerby 'di nagagamit dahil sa maganda pinapakita ni Mamaril on both ends of the floor, maybe pwede sila pagsabayin ni Siot, si Kerby sa np. 4 while si Mamaril sa no. 5, tingin ko mas magiging comfortable si Kerby sa 4 spot. Also, nag text sa akin ang isang friend ko na addict sa basketball last friday, according to him me trade proposal for approval ni kume and it's like this: J-Wash to alaska, Thoss to Ginebra at Kerby and Wilson to petron, I say na sayang si Wilson as he is our best post-up defender, Ellis can guard the 1-3 spot sa opposing team pero pagdating sa no. 4 mahihirapan s'ya..

while maganda ang nilaro ni Elmer Espiritu early on, I believe the reason why hindi na siya naibalik is because he would like a taller and more athletic ELLIS to guard Casio who's been hurting GSM with his 3 point bombs off high screens. A defensive match-up so to speak.

Rico M had a tough time guarding Espinas specially in the post.

Elmer Espiritu seems to be a perfect fit for Ginebra, he can rebound, me perimeter shot, bilib nga ako sa mga pump fake n'ya, ala Bogs Adornado eh hehe..

Heard that japeth might be back n play sa pba since na cut cya sa nba d league baka pwede na cyang itrade for kerby n jensen... Or kahit su rabah nlang kerby n jensen also

Japeth? That unpredictable mess? Baka magaya nuong ginawa sa atin ni H-Bomb, bigla bigla na lang umaalis sa kalagitnaan ng season.

Baka magulo lang ang medyo umaayos ayos nang rotation nila pag nakuha nila ang isa or both of these players. Like i said sa isang room dito sa Sports Thread, over-rated si Rabeh, magaling lang noon college flop pagdating ng PBA, maski sa current team n'ya sparingly used s'ya eh..

Edited by Agent_mulder

Sayang si Kerby 'di nagagamit dahil sa maganda pinapakita ni Mamaril on both ends of the floor, maybe pwede sila pagsabayin ni Siot, si Kerby sa np. 4 while si Mamaril sa no. 5, tingin ko mas magiging comfortable si Kerby sa 4 spot. Also, nag text sa akin ang isang friend ko na addict sa basketball last friday, according to him me trade proposal for approval ni kume and it's like this: J-Wash to alaska, Thoss to Ginebra at Kerby and Wilson to petron, I say na sayang si Wilson as he is our best post-up defender, Ellis can guard the 1-3 spot sa opposing team pero pagdating sa no. 4 mahihirapan s'ya..

Elmer Espiritu seems to be a perfect fit for Ginebra, he can rebound, me perimeter shot, bilib nga ako sa mga pump fake n'ya, ala Bogs Adornado eh hehe..

Baka magulo lang ang medyo umaayos ayos nang rotation nila pag nakuha nila ang isa or both of these players. Like i said sa isang room dito sa Sports Thread, over-rated si Rabeh, magaling lang noon college flop pagdating ng PBA, maski sa current team n'ya sparingly used s'ya eh..

naku... wag naman si wilson...

Hottest winning streak

post-5237-0-40886600-1353854261.png

Hindi ko napanood. Sayang. Exciting pa naman...............NORWOOD-0 points

Comeback Kings: Ginebra rallies past Rain or Shine for fourth straight victory

InterAKTV · Sunday, November 25, 2012 · 9:00 pm http://cms.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2012/11/helterbrand-matias-ginebra-rain-or-shine.jpgPBA/Nuki Sabio

Barangay Ginebra San Miguel unleashed its never-say-die spirit and turned back Rain or Shine, 97-90, to extend its winning streak to four games in the 2013 PBA Philippine Cup Sunday at the SMART-Araneta Coliseum.

The Gin Kings crawled back from a 17-point deficit midway through the third quarter, holding the Elasto Painters to just one field goal in the final 2:33 to join Meralco in fourth place with a 6-5 win-loss mark.

LA Tenorio dished out a near triple-double performance with 20 points, seven rebounds and 10 assists and piloted Ginebra’s rally in the fourth quarter.

Mark Caguioa added 18 points, though he was not around when the Kings made the run. Rookie Chris Ellis chipped in 15 points and punctuated their team’s victory with a reverse windmill dunk that pegged the final score.

“We came out really flat. The good thing, we stuck together and got through this one,” said Ginebra coach Siot Tanquingcen, who also drew 12 points from Billy Mamaril.

“We really struggled. Other people just stepped up and it’s a good indication for our team.”

Jayjay Helterbrand came off the bench and contributed six points, seven rebounds and five assists while rookie Yousef Taha also provided quality minutes in the fourth period with his hustle plays on defense.

Rain or Shine, which dropped to third place with a 8-4 mark, led by 15 at the half, 57-42, and was still in control after TY Tang hit a triple to start the final quarter for a 78-69 lead.

But Tenorio anchored a momentum-swinging 14-8 exchange he capped with a three-pointer to close in at 86-83 with 2:53 remaining.

Jeff Chan push the Rain or Shine to five points, 88-83, with a running jumper with 2:33 left in the game. But the Gin Kings unloaded 10-0 blast to take a 93-88 lead with just 16.7 seconds left.

JR Quinahan ended Rain or Shine’s drought with an undergoal stab but time was not on their side, allowing Ginebra to pull off another escape act.

Jervy Cruz led the Elasto Painters with 17 points and 12 rebounds and was 13-of-13 from the free throw line. Larry Rodriguez added 14 points, while rookie Chris Tiu returned from injury and contributed eight.

The scores:

GINEBRA 97 – Tenorio 20, Caguioa 18, Ellis 15, Mamaril 12, Wilson 9, Maierhofer 7, Helterbrand 6, Taha 4, Espiritu 2, Raymundo 2, Hatfield 2, Labagala 0.

RAIN OR SHINE 90 – Cruz 17, Rodriguez 14, Tang 12, Chan 11, Quinahan 10, Tiu 8, Arana 8, Belga 7, Matias 3, Norwood 0.

Quarters: 20-33, 42-57, 69-75, 97-90

No big deal: Mark Caguioa understands endgame benching in Ginebra win

Rey Joble, InterAKTV · Sunday, November 25, 2012 · 10:32 pm http://cms.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2012/10/ginebra-team-shot-2012.jpgAKTV/Paolo Papa

When Barangay Ginebra San Miguel makes a patented comeback in the fourth quarter, the “Never Say Die” team usually depends on superstar guard Mark Caguioa to lead the charge.

But on Sunday, the Gin Kings overhauled Rain or Shine’s lead late in the game with the reigning Most Valuable Player on the bench — and Caguioa was cool with it.

“I understand when Coach [siot Tanquingcen] called me out,” Caguioa told InterAKTV. “Admittedly, I wasn’t my usual self tonight because I wasn’t practicing for two days because of personal reasons.”

Caguioa finished with 18 points, but struggled on 6-for-22 shooting from the field. He was also an atrocious 4-for-9 from the free throw line.

“I was surprised I was missing even the free throws. I guess I need to work more on that,” said Caguioa. “But honestly, I think me sitting on the bench and watching the other guys step up was a blessing in disguise.”

Caguioa said he was delighted to see his teammates step up in his stead.

“I love to see those guys, Chris (Ellis), LA (Tenorio) and Jayjay (Helterbrand) providing the energy for our team and look where we’re now. We’re winning,” said Caguioa.