• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

IMHO Gregs natural position is a 4 but they never worked on that. Always thought hed be a Pau Gasol type with accurate short jumpers and probably a signature post move. He never has gotten quick enough though ands thats where the problem lies.

Greg is a natural center. He is too slow to be a power forward, let alone the range to be a stretch four.

Please don't blame Greg. He is still an asset. He was used sparingly in the series against TNT kaya less ang impact nya. He can still make matchup problems among locals. What he needs is proper training (ala Danny Ildefonso).

Ginebra played strong this Conference. TNT is just a strong team with a very good import. Matagal na silang walang Championship so they are hungrier. Look what they are doing with SMB.

TNT was such the better team.. I am betting for them na mag champion hindi ang SMB. Hindi sistema ni CTC ang problema, nakalimutan nio ata na sweep natin ang Magnolia with that same system right? Kung talagang nanonood kayo, nag iba pa nga sya ng sistema nung Game 3 at 4, hindi sila masyado nag i stick sa triangle dahil sa small lineup na ginamit niya. Puro pick and roll with JBL and Pringle and down screen ke JDV kaya nakaka score na din sya nung last 2 games.

Give credit to TNT, they found the perfect antidote import to JBL, plays almost the same but a lot taller and NBA caliber talaga. Very good defender din. Something na wala yung import ng SMB.

Its not the end of the world, we still have the 3rd conference with JBL and the return of JD and ADLC

of course, not to take away anything from TNT...

pero sana the gins were able to come up better... pangarap ko ang back to back grand slam sa kanila hehehe

Please don't blame Greg. He is still an asset. He was used sparingly in the series against TNT kaya less ang impact nya. He can still make matchup problems among locals. What he needs is proper training (ala Danny Ildefonso).

Ginebra played strong this Conference. TNT is just a strong team with a very good import. Matagal na silang walang Championship so they are hungrier. Look what they are doing with SMB.

I don't blame greg... but I wish he could have done better... si tj at jbl just cancelled out each other... yung locals ang naging key para sa akin.. and a better playing greg would have been the gins best bet in dominating the series...

• Like (+1) 1

may part ng mind ko na ayaw trade si Greg kc pag all filipino cup dominante sya kaso SUPER SLOWter tlaga sya at parang everytime na may mali sya.. tumitingin sya sa bench na parang nangangapa.

SO if I to choose now.

Trade ko sa columbian dyip (SMC farm team) to get CJ Perez plus 2019 1st round pick (Isaac Go)

takbuhan na tlga laro ngayon kahit sa NBA athletic bigman (Giannis/Embid) ang nakakasabay.

Just imagine Pringle/Thompson/CJ Perez/Japhet/Isaac Go..takbuhan ito..

OPINION ONLY mga kabs

I don't blame greg... but I wish he could have done better... si tj at jbl just cancelled out each other... yung locals ang naging key para sa akin.. and a better playing greg would have been the gins best bet in dominating the series...

Yeah, yung locals talaga importante sa team. Just watching the finals series between TNT and SMB, talagang importante ang mga locals para manalo. It is a must to have a potent outside shooting to win a championship. Ang TNT nga, mas marami silang outside shoots kesa sa loob. A thing that is lacking in the Gins arsenal. I guess CTC should not rely heavily on his triangle offense and learn to have outside shooting more.

• Like (+1) 1

may part ng mind ko na ayaw trade si Greg kc pag all filipino cup dominante sya kaso SUPER SLOWter tlaga sya at parang everytime na may mali sya.. tumitingin sya sa bench na parang nangangapa.

SO if I to choose now.

Trade ko sa columbian dyip (SMC farm team) to get CJ Perez plus 2019 1st round pick (Isaac Go)

takbuhan na tlga laro ngayon kahit sa NBA athletic bigman (Giannis/Embid) ang nakakasabay.

Just imagine Pringle/Thompson/CJ Perez/Japhet/Isaac Go..takbuhan ito..

OPINION ONLY mga kabs

I agree with you na kailangan running bigmen, pero i think key rin ang me traditional dominant center... greg has a very reliable mid range jumper that he can work to his advantage... yung running bigmen, the gins have japeth, prince, raymond and jdv... ka combinasyon naman sila ni greg... ang sa akin, the coaching and training staff should maximize greg...surround him with good shooters and cutters... and decide whether bulk up slow greg sila or lean but easy-to-push greg...

I think the rest of the league had already adjusted to the tall line up of ginebra, its time for tim to adjust...

I am not a fan of the triangle, a proper zone can defend it... they need shooters and wing defenders... they need to close out the threes and use raymond and prince more often...

A trade for cj would be good pero i am not sure kung papayagan...

• Like (+1) 1

Ako mga kabs for my opinion, kelangan ni Greg ng isang trainer na tututukan sya like Danny I, Marlou Aquino or any bigs na may galaw sa ilalim. Kita nyo naman ang ikinaganda ng galaw ni JunMar at ni Vic Manuel parehas nahawakan ni Danny I, nag iba ang kilos sa ilalim...

I agree! Train slaughter kesa i trade!

Nakakalungkot lang kasi na sa dami ng mga naicontribute dati ni Lakay Danny sa San Miguel, basta basta na lang siya itinapon. Hindi man lang pinahalagahan yung naging kontribusyon niya. Sana man lang kahit isa sa mga sister team ng SMC ang nakinabang sa kanya. Kung sa Ginebra lang sana, nadevelop niya si Slaughter gaya ng ginawa niya kay Fajardo. Ang resulta, Vic Manuel pa ang kanyang naging masterpeice sa Alaska. Nung college sila sa Cebu, dominanteng dominante ni Slaughter si Fajardo. Pero ngayon baliktad ang nangyari.

Lakay irritated yata smc ng nag comment sya negatively when danny seigle and dondon hontiveros were traded... maanghang yata ang mga comments nya... similar to iguodala's comments na nakaoffend sa managment...

Why don't ginebra try erik menk? Jerry codinera?