Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Here's the thing with Tim Cone being transferred with Ginebra:

The Gins need to at least familiarize themselves again with the triangle in the next three months.

Cone also needs players who can easily adjust with the triangle.

So definitely, LA will remain (former Alaska player under Cone most familiar with the system). Japeth and Greg? Definitely. Asahan na natin na lalong magiging stretch 4 si Japeth. The question now would be the wingmen. Baracael is Ginebra's only legit sharpshooter with a decent percentage. Urbiztondo, MC47, Helterbrand, Mercado Monfort and Knuttel (if he ever gets to play) will need to hone their outside shooting to be "in".

Now, expect Tim Cone to get an outside gunner with slashing skills to compensate what Johnny A. and Duremdes used to do in Alaska what those players do in Star). Newsome, Lanete and Thompson comes to mind.

The article also mentioned trades. EXPECT MARCELO AND PENA TO GO.

Tim can pick torres from the draft or he can tag along one of his players from pf...if that is even possible.

With meralco and RoS picking before the ginkings...mukhang baka ala na si norbert....i read somewhere that RoS is also trying to get some bigs in the draft eh....chance nlang natin kung magpadraft din sina belo and AVO....or gusto kaya ni coach yeng sina barracael+marcelo for their 3rd pick? Hehehe

As for bringing the championship sa ginebra? I think it is very doable....iba caliber nina cone/ yeng guiao compared kina...ato cariaso and lim naman....

Ang exciting dito...kung sino ang hahatakin ni cone galing PF , sinong matratrade and sinong kukunin sa draft...so let the speculations begin!!!! Ngayon lang naging ganito ka abang abang ang off season ng ginebra hehehe

With meralco and RoS picking before the ginkings...mukhang baka ala na si norbert....i read somewhere that RoS is also trying to get some bigs in the draft eh....chance nlang natin kung magpadraft din sina belo and AVO....or gusto kaya ni coach yeng sina barracael+marcelo for their 3rd pick? Hehehe

As for bringing the championship sa ginebra? I think it is very doable....iba caliber nina cone/ yeng guiao compared kina...ato cariaso and lim naman....

Ang exciting dito...kung sino ang hahatakin ni cone galing PF , sinong matratrade and sinong kukunin sa draft...so let the speculations begin!!!! Ngayon lang naging ganito ka abang abang ang off season ng ginebra hehehe

If there will be indeed a trade/swap between GSM and PF, we need a third wheel team. Enter our farm team - BB or Globalport.. If it will become a three way trade, who's likely going to who??

Here are some BB and GP players that I think can help our triangle and PF new offense:

> RR Garcia (possible)

> Romeo (Impossible)

> Semerad (possible)

> JC Intal (possible)

what do you guys think??? sino naman ang pwede kapalit ng mga to?

if pena and dave will go, they need another big man to alternate with japeth, greg and rodney....

Tim can pick torres from the draft or he can tag along one of his players from pf...if that is even possible.

And if Sanggalang doesn't sign his renewal, that seals the deal. Inside fortress ng Ginebra towers.

If there will be indeed a trade/swap between GSM and PF, we need a third wheel team. Enter our farm team - BB or Globalport.. If it will become a three way trade, who's likely going to who??

Here are some BB and GP players that I think can help our triangle and PF new offense:

> RR Garcia (possible)

> Romeo (Impossible)

> Semerad (possible)

> JC Intal (possible)

what do you guys think??? sino naman ang pwede kapalit ng mga to?

I say it's time for The Rocket to make a return trip to the Barangay. After all, hasang hasa na yung outside shooting nya.

Yes I remember he was with Fil-Sham, Alvarado, who formed the formidable duo of Tanduay.

Menk arrived in the Philippine basketball scene in 1997 when he played for Tanduay in the Philippine BasketballLeague. Of course, he quickly made an impact in the PBL being the first Rookie of the Year Awardee and Most Valuable Player Awardee. Aside from that, he also won two more Most Valuable Player Awards and piloted the TanduayRhum Masters to a couple of championships. Along with collegiate stars Chris Cantonjos, Mark Telan, and role players Jomer Rubi, Aldrin Morante and Bobby Jose, the Rhum Masters won numerous PBL titles during Menk's career. During his final PBL conference, Menk and Blu Detergent's Asi Taulava was considered as one of the best rivalries at the time.

korek! makiki post lang mga kabaranggay. PRO GINEBRA here since Jaworski era. :)

• Like (+1) 1

If sanggalang doesnt resign....e di nde na kelangan ng trade?

Yoko sana kay sanggalang eh....galing injury yan....we're not sure kung babalik yun laro nun bata....especially if achilles tear injury....or ACL....oh well... Mas maganda naman siguro ang sanggalang off the bench kesa kay marcelo hehehe

I think di masyado padedehado ang purefoods... they will need all the help they can get after cone's departure... they will re-sign sanggalang... but tim might tag along jdv and work with what he have in ginebra...

Sa dami ng usapan about the gin's coaching carousel, parang wala talaga akong narinig na serious offer ke jawo to return to ginebra... kahiyaan or patigasan? Just a thought...

korek! makiki post lang mga kabaranggay. PRO GINEBRA here since Jaworski era. :)

and sayang si Joseph Yeo, perfect fit for the triangle ang laro niya.

Time to let go of Mercado or Urbiztondo to make room for Lanete, a deadly outside shooter that is necessary for the triangle.

And for bigmen who can shoot outside like devance? Troy Rosario is the perfect choice.. Time to make some calls to the boxing champ.

• Like (+1) 1

Time to let go of Mercado or Urbiztondo to make room for Lanete, a deadly outside shooter that is necessary for the triangle.

And for bigmen who can shoot outside like devance? Troy Rosario is the perfect choice.. Time to make some calls to the boxing champ.

trade one of our players plus the 5th pick for their 2nd pick...its fair.
  • Like (+1) 1

May nabasa akong article na nagpainit ng ulo at nagpakulo ng dugo ko.

MC boss Ramon Ang says Tim Cone transfer to Ginebra is in response to fans' clamor

SMC top honcho Ramon s. Ang receives the PBA Governors Cup trophy from AZ Reid. Dante Peralta
SAN Miguel Corp. CEO Ramon S. Ang is hoping Star will remain competitive despite the departure of Tim Cone.

With the PBA’s most successful coach now with Barangay Ginebra and tasked to resurrect the Gin Kings, questions have risen on whether the Hotshots will be in good hands with rookie tactician Jason Webb now calling the shots.

“Of course, we always hope na all our teams will do well,” Ang said on Tuesday night during San Miguel Beer’s victory party at the SMC compound. “But hindi naman natin matitiyak ‘yun. We can only hope.”

The SMC boss said he just heeded Ginebra fans’ call for Cone to handle the league’s most popular team.

“I think we’ll just give in to the request of the fans na siya naman ang mag-coach.”

SAANG ALTERNATE DIMENSION KINUHA NI RSA TO??? HINDI BA NYA ALAM NA SI JAWORSKI ANG HINIHINGI NG FANS AT HINDI SI APA?????

• Like (+1) 1

May nabasa akong article na nagpainit ng ulo at nagpakulo ng dugo ko.

MC boss Ramon Ang says Tim Cone transfer to Ginebra is in response to fans' clamor

SMC top honcho Ramon s. Ang receives the PBA Governors Cup trophy from AZ Reid. Dante Peralta

SAN Miguel Corp. CEO Ramon S. Ang is hoping Star will remain competitive despite the departure of Tim Cone.

With the PBA’s most successful coach now with Barangay Ginebra and tasked to resurrect the Gin Kings, questions have risen on whether the Hotshots will be in good hands with rookie tactician Jason Webb now calling the shots.

“Of course, we always hope na all our teams will do well,” Ang said on Tuesday night during San Miguel Beer’s victory party at the SMC compound. “But hindi naman natin matitiyak ‘yun. We can only hope.”

The SMC boss said he just heeded Ginebra fans’ call for Cone to handle the league’s most popular team.

“I think we’ll just give in to the request of the fans na siya naman ang mag-coach.”

SAANG ALTERNATE DIMENSION KINUHA NI RSA TO??? HINDI BA NYA ALAM NA SI JAWORSKI ANG HINIHINGI NG FANS AT HINDI SI APA?????

Agree much brad..

Kahit saang forum ako magpunta kasama na itong MTC, it was Jawo na sinisigaw ng mga fans, pati tayo ginamit pa niyang excuse para malipat si tim cone??? Wala akong naaalalang post dito na nagsabi na si Tim Cone ang number 1 option na ilagay. Ang mas natatandaan ko pa nga sa mga discussion ay kahit si Tim Cone or Phil Jackson daw ang ilagay eh wala pa din mangyayari dahil sa etc.etc..

Mr. RSA, ano ba talaga? pati sa PF sabi mo si Webb ngayon may mga writeups na lumalabas na si Richard Del Rosario na, dahil din ba ayaw ng PF fans ke Webb???

• Like (+1) 2

Agree much brad..

Kahit saang forum ako magpunta kasama na itong MTC, it was Jawo na sinisigaw ng mga fans, pati tayo ginamit pa niyang excuse para malipat si tim cone??? Wala akong naaalalang post dito na nagsabi na si Tim Cone ang number 1 option na ilagay. Ang mas natatandaan ko pa nga sa mga discussion ay kahit si Tim Cone or Phil Jackson daw ang ilagay eh wala pa he only name who epitomizes the never-say-diedin mangyayari dahil sa etc.etc..

Mr. RSA, ano ba talaga? pati sa PF sabi mo si Webb ngayon may mga writeups na lumalabas na si Richard Del Rosario na, dahil din ba ayaw ng PF fans ke Webb???

JA-WORS-KI...JA-WORS-KI...JA-WORS-KI...yan ang alam kong sigaw ng buong pilipinas...the only name we know who epitomizes the never-say-die spirit and attitude of the ginebra san miguel basketball team. yan ang alam kong maliwanag na hindi naibigay ni mr. ramon s. ang. nevertheless, most ginebra fans accepted the anointment of coach time considering that he is definitely an upgrade of the previous coaches appointed, i.e., tangquincen, agustin, cariaso and lim.

• Like (+1) 1

JA-WORS-KI...JA-WORS-KI...JA-WORS-KI...yan ang alam kong sigaw ng buong pilipinas...the only name we know who epitomizes the never-say-die spirit and attitude of the ginebra san miguel basketball team. yan ang alam kong maliwanag na hindi naibigay ni mr. ramon s. ang. nevertheless, most ginebra fans accepted the anointment of coach time considering that he is definitely an upgrade of the previous coaches appointed, i.e., tangquincen, agustin, cariaso and lim.

Maybe RSA did it to spite the Star fans.

Kung nabalitaan nyo yung riot between the two fan bases outside Araneta after the Manila Clasico last Governor's Cup. Hahahaha.

ok si Gabo, (Lanete) aside from outside shots, he can drive to the hole and he is also a good fastbreak finisher. . i know this kid i use to see him play (live) during his college days sa SAN BEDA together with Dave (Marcelo).

anyway i still want Jaworski to coach again Ginebra but since there is no offer ok na din para sakin si Cone.

Edited by Gits