Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

it would be interesting to see kung ano ang magiging laro ng gin kings today. sa dalas na nila mgpalit ng coaching staff mahirap na tlga idevelop ang chemistry and too much talent sila and no role players. unbalanced e. they should trade some of their players for role players who are professional enough to do their roles. also keen observation ko is nawala ang laro ni Japeth nung 2nd conf. might be due to having a big import but coaching staff should've made the adjustments to keep their young bigs playing more minutes. it was their key to success during the AFC.

it would be interesting to see kung ano ang magiging laro ng gin kings today. sa dalas na nila mgpalit ng coaching staff mahirap na tlga idevelop ang chemistry and too much talent sila and no role players. unbalanced e. they should trade some of their players for role players who are professional enough to do their roles. also keen observation ko is nawala ang laro ni Japeth nung 2nd conf. might be due to having a big import but coaching staff should've made the adjustments to keep their young bigs playing more minutes. it was their key to success during the AFC.

if i may add, bgk is star-studded and probably has the tallest front line in a game where you cannot teach height.

Until ginebra raises the cup, i will believe that cariaso is not up for the job... He may introduce the triangle but will always be at the mercy of the talent and reception of his players.... In addition, the triangle for me is over rated... Tim and phil might be the best right now with their mastery of this coaching system but we should always remember that they had mj, shaq, pippen, kobe, eugene, johnny, jolas, yap, simon, pingris etc... Their system was embraced by talented players.... But there are a lot of coaches who did not use the triangle and yet are very successful... We talking about baby d, pop, auerbach, riley etc... The triangle is not invinsible as a mastery of the zone can easily negate it.... And as i had said, will wait for them to be champions again...

parang hindi suit sa Barangay ang triangle. Medyo inabandon nila sa third and last quarter, nag click yung plays. Hirap sa triangle. Nagiging predictable ang kanilang offence na dropping off muna sa center

Correct! The triangle is very predictable! Sabi nga, sona lang katapat nyan... Swerte lang at walang reliable big sa depensa ang gp

Well...maganda nga laro nila...slaughter dominated...tenorio...no comment....ang importante ganado maglaro ulit ang mga players...japhet showed his old form tulad last all filipino...maganda bantay nya sa import...kaso nafoul trouble lang...sabi nga ng mga commentators...the players(gins) are having fun again...Mukhang injured nga si forrester...

Anyway...ang importanteng tanong...anong verdict nyo sa import nila? compared sa ibang hyped imports sina terrence williams, bill walker, yun sa alaska...should they do another leon rodgers or palitan na agad?

Nice start for the barangay. I do believe that the triangle will work wonders with the barangay. This is just their first game and the triangle system is very hard to master. The players needs to trust each other and perform high baskeball IQ in order to succeed using this system. Caguioa and gregzilla adjusted so well with the system.The players needs to put more space between them to have better executible open shots.

Correct! The triangle is very predictable! Sabi nga, sona lang katapat nyan... Swerte lang at walang reliable big sa depensa ang gp

Triangle system is not predictable. It is the most unpredictable system of play with more than 300+ simultaneous options to make an easy shots. The only downside of the triangle offense is that you always need to have your players trust each other, have a very high basketball IQ and teamwork mentality to succeed otherwise the triangle will not work and become predictable

Well...maganda nga laro nila...slaughter dominated...tenorio...no comment....ang importante ganado maglaro ulit ang mga players...japhet showed his old form tulad last all filipino...maganda bantay nya sa import...kaso nafoul trouble lang...sabi nga ng mga commentators...the players(gins) are having fun again...Mukhang injured nga si forrester...

Anyway...ang importanteng tanong...anong verdict nyo sa import nila? compared sa ibang hyped imports sina terrence williams, bill walker, yun sa alaska...should they do another leon rodgers or palitan na agad?

as long as they're winning i'm not gonna complain against the import ;)

Triangle system is not predictable. It is the most unpredictable system of play with more than 300+ simultaneous options to make an easy shots. The only downside of the triangle offense is that you always need to have your players trust each other, have a very high basketball IQ and teamwork mentality to succeed otherwise the triangle will not work and become predictable

How can it have 300 options when there are only 5 players and it starts off with either the low or high block? A player will have 3 options, drive, shoot a jumper or pass. To me that is only 15 options. And why was it unsuccessful for other teams who used it? Why did it failed LA vs detroit? Anyway it is how i perceived the triangle, sooner than later, a local version of the piston or the spurs will dominate and will re-acquaint everybody with the zone defense.... As of right now, the win of bgk tonight for me is not because of the triangle but because of their d and the good compliment of the 3 frontliners coupled with the guards clicking

• Like (+1) 1

Mark Caguioa says Ginebra players all ears as Cariaso leads transition to triangle offense

http://contents.spin.ph/image/markcaguioajerome.jpg
Ginebra star Mark Caguioa has noticed a change in the team's approach to practice. Jerome Ascano

MARK Caguioa believes there are two things that Barangay Ginebra needs to keep doing as the team progresses under new coach Jeffrey Cariaso’s triangle offense - focus and constant encouragement.

Caguioa said he has witnessed a change in Ginebra players' approach to practice since Cariaso assumed the head-coaching post three weeks ago, with the players totally focused on their bid to redeem themselves from a woeful stint in the recent Commissioner’s Cup.

Everyone listens to what the coaching staff is saying. Iyun ang pinaka-importante, that no one’s messing around on the side, but everyone’s looking at the coach and listening to what he has to say,” Caguioa said after an 89-71 victory over GlobalPort in Ginebra's debut game in the PBA Governors Cup on Tuesday.

Caguioa played against Cariaso for several years before the latter retired in 2010. And in all those years, Caguioa said he has always admired Cariaso's approach to the game.

“Knowing Jeff, I played against him. I know his attitude. Like what he said, 'Always be together, always support your teammate, keep pushing him, because you can’t be perfect running the triangle,'” said the 34-year-old Ginebra star.

“You need the support of your teammates and coaching staff.”

Cariaso is Ginebra's fifth coach in a span of two years as the team transitioned from Siot Tanquingcen to Alfrancis Chua to Ato Agustin and finally to “active assistant coach” Juno Sauler during the Commissioner's Cup.

Caguioa said he sees no problems making the transition to the triangle offense.

“The past conferences, siyempre, iba-iba yung sistema namin. So I think with this one (triangle offense), fit kami dahil on every spot, nakikita mo na from sa malalaki, they are getting easy shots,” shared the Ginebra guard.

“Even the guards are getting easy shots. So with this kind of offense, you just got to be more fluid, ganun ang sistema niya.”

Ginebra returns to action on Saturday when it faces the Meralco Bolts at the Mall of Asia Arena.

How can it have 300 options when there are only 5 players and it starts off with either the low or high block? A player will have 3 options, drive, shoot a jumper or pass. To me that is only 15 options. And why was it unsuccessful for other teams who used it? Why did it failed LA vs detroit? Anyway it is how i perceived the triangle, sooner than later, a local version of the piston or the spurs will dominate and will re-acquaint everybody with the zone defense.... As of right now, the win of bgk tonight for me is not because of the triangle but because of their d and the good compliment of the 3 frontliners coupled with the guards clicking

Hahaha.. Sorry Numina.. i guess we have a different understanding of the triangle system.. I have tried it also as a player and coach and i have succeeded. Just read what Caguioa said, the triangle helps them made an easy shots. Hindi pilit ang mga tira nila ngayon.. At naniniwala ako na mas magtatagumpay ang mga kabarangay sa sistema nila ngayon

Lots of empty seats at the venue last night very unlikely of a Ginebra game.

fans probably decided to just first watch bgk's opening game on tv and see if there were changes in the style of play with the entry of jeff as head coach. nonetheless, fans will surely start trooping the venues once ginebra goes on a streak...winning, that is. :)

Hahaha.. Sorry Numina.. i guess we have a different understanding of the triangle system.. I have tried it also as a player and coach and i have succeeded. Just read what Caguioa said, the triangle helps them made an easy shots. Hindi pilit ang mga tira nila ngayon.. At naniniwala ako na mas magtatagumpay ang mga kabarangay sa sistema nila ngayon

I agree with you, we both have different views of the triangle.... Sorry but the things being said on paper right now, because of the frustrations i am having with gsm's management, is for me coming from their spin doctors trying to rally fans behind their decisions by what it seems like spiels being read by the interviewee... No disrespect to the interviewee....

Globalport lang ang tinalo nila, a lowly team sa PBA, let's see how they fare against the likes of ros, tnt, smb and smc

i'm not that optimistic but i'm giving them a chance to redeem themselves. they're rebuilding. let's see what happens after a few games.