Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Para kasing sobrang nagrerely sa twin towers at hindi na nag bo-boxout. Ang problema yun dalawa always looking to play help D and try to block un mga nagdadrive so wala rin sila sa posisyon for the defensive board.

A lot of teams they played were able to out hustle the Gin Kings en-route to more offensive boards (ie. Petron, TnT, Meralco to name a few)

• Downvote 1

lakas talaga ni urbiztondo sa coach! ;) ;) ;)

oo nga eh, hindi bale, hopefully itapon na siya ng GSM sa Air21 next year. so more playing time na for Forrester. sayang yung potential nito :rolleyes:

kakapanibago...Ginebra on top of the standings..

hanggat nasa GSM ang twin towers, malaki ang chance ng Barangay Ginebra na lagi nasa top of standing. ;)

Pikon talo si Cabagnot. Di makadiskarte kay Minion Monfort.

gusto ko din ang nilalaro ni eman monfort, kahit ang liit ay pisikal dumepensa...

+2 fit na fit ang style and hustle play ni Monfort sa Ginebra. :)

Another buzzer beating 3 point shot for Japeth Aguilar! Talo na Panalo pa!

pero in fairness, Meralco played well... medyo hirap ang GSM sa kanila. suwerte na lang at na injured si Gary David...

napansin ko lang si Agustin, sa last 3 timeouts nila, same lang halos lahat ng play na pinapagawa nya... yung players na lang ang dumidiskarte eh.

malas pa si Caguioa. hirap pa sila ma contain si Dillinger at Hugnatan...

Yup akala ko meralco would pick up another fluke win hehehe

Seriously though, this should be a wake up call for the kings coaching staff.... Yes iba na ang matangkad sa basketball pero ato needs to go with his speed crew if teams will be able to adjust via the fastbreak game....and it will help if they will go back to basics as in box out and gang rebounding katilad nung ginagawa nila dati.... Dont be too complacent w height

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote 1

Seriously though, this should be a wake up call for the kings coaching staff.... Yes iba na ang matangkad sa basketball pero ato needs to go with his speed crew if teams will be able to adjust via the fastbreak game....and it will help if they will go back to basics as in box out and gang rebounding katilad nung ginagawa nila dati.... Dont be too complacent w height

i guess we can't blame ginebra here...ever since the departure of marlou and feihl, the players had been longing and aching to have a dominant big man. ilan taon din silang naghintay. ngayon na meron nang japeth at slaughter, sobrang umasa naman yata sila sa dalawa. yes, i agree. they should go back to the basics like boxing out and gang rebounding.

Yung commentator meron pang: "Ginebra is in danger of getting their second loss.....it would take a miracle of Biblical proportions.................................." Hindi mo kilala ang "Jaworski's Never Say Die" proportions laugh.gif

Kudos to another big man........JR Reyes for that corner three pointer. Sobra ang banging at hand checking ni Hugnatan. Dapat graduate na yun kung tinawagan lang ng refs maski kalahati ang mga hawak niya kay Japeth.

Edited by photographer

Barangay Ginebra San Miguel is on top of the PBA, winning nine of its 10 games in the PLDT MyDSL Philippine Cup including its last six assignments.

The Gin Kings pulled off an escape act against the Meralco Bolts on Saturday, coming back from a five-point deficit in the last 15 seconds to come away with the victory.

But while the win came as a thrill, the close shave also serves as a wakeup call for the Gin Kings.

“That’s good pero sabi ko nga sa loob kanina, come playoff time hindi pwede yung mga ganung laro kanina, lucky shots in the end,” said Tenorio.

For the second straight time this conference, Ginebra’s young big men had a hard time against the smaller but more physical Meralco frontline.

“Sa playoffs, big men’s game na yan. Sa Meralco nga tinatalo kami sa offensive rebounds. Malalaki kami pero talo nila kami sa offensive rebounds. Binu-bully kami, they’re trying to play physical on us. Dapat ma-counter namin yun. Alam nila paano kami laruin,” said Tenorio.

Aguilar, who hit the game-winning shot, was having a tough game before scoring seven of his 15 points in the final three minutes. He admitted Meralco’s physical defense took its toll on him.

“I was really frustrated kanina because I felt everytime I drove, napa-foul ako. They were really physical,” said Aguilar. “I really felt I got fouled, nawawala lagi yung bola sa akin.”

For Tenorio, it shows how much the Gin Kings still need to improve in spite of their record.

“The past two games, Meralco did a good job containing our big guys. Parang kontrapelo sila sa amin. Panalo na sila rito dapat, kanila itong game na ito,” said Tenorio.

“We cannot afford to play like this in the next four games. And even if we made it to the top two, we cannot play like that gaya ng kanina, dahil sigurado tatalunin kami ng dalawang sunod sa playoffs. And we might play against Meralco, we’ll never know.”

Rey Joble, InterAksyon.com · Saturday, December 28, 2013 · 8:28 pm

JayR Reyes of Meralco against Michael Dunigan Air21 during PBA action at Smart Araneta Coliseum. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

MANILA, Philippines — Jayr Reyes scored only three points but his lone basket was perhaps as crucial as that of Japeth Aguilar's last-second 3-pointer in Barangay Ginebra San Miguel's 83-82 nipping of Meralco Saturday.

After all, had Reyes missed on his left corner triple, the Kings' comeback wouldn't have been possible.

And while many were surprised with Reyes, not known for making outside shots, hitting one from downtown, Ginebra wasn't.

"Jayr's shot was really crucial. I know he's a shooter but I told him to work more on his post-game and I told him it will come that I will make you hit a triple," said Agustin in Filipino after his team roared back from five points down in 15 seconds.

It came eventually off a play designed by Agustin off a timeout — a play Reyes said the team had practiced twice before.

"We actually worked on that play twice in practice. Coach Ato (Agustin) told me that if the point guard gets denied and I find myself open from 3-points, don't hesitate to take the shot," said the six-foot-seven Reyes, whose 3-pointer from the left corner in front of his team's bench pulled the Kings to within two, 80-82, with only 12.8 seconds remaining.

"Give credit to Jayr Reyes because when he popped out, he shot the ball with no hesitation," said Aguilar.

Reyes also thanked Agustin for giving him the confidence to take the shot.

"I'm thankful for the confidence coach Ato has been giving me. He has high confidence in me so I'm just giving back to him," said Reyes, the former Meralco slotman who was traded to Ginebra in the offseason for veteran forward Kerby Raymundo.

Read more: http://sports.inquir...t#ixzz2omMYUPsM

Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

What a game! Akala ng meralco makaka-ulit sila eh hehe. Refund ang mga nabayad na namin na electric bill hehe. 4th quarter na noong maabutan ko, nasa mall kasi ako noon, nung malaman kong me laro ang Ginebra at 1st game sila uwi na agad ako kaya 'di ko alam kung malakas na naman ang tsamba ni Al-Husseini kahapon, pero parang si Hugnatan at Dillinger ang nagpahirap sa kanila kagabi. Slaughter ought to be reminded or taught na he is 7 footer (or 6'11 as some say) and with his wingspan he ought to be jumping straight instead of head or lean toward a shooter who's attempting from 3-pts area, sa taas n'ya aabutan n'ya ang attempt eh, some might say rookie mistake 'yun pero it almost cost them the game had Cortez made all his ft's. Si Ellis, madalas din maganun....

NEVER SAY DIE GINEBRA DOES IT AGAIN...JAPETH'S 3 FOR THE WIN!!! SECOND TIME AROUND FOR JAPETH. CLUTCH 3 LIKEWISE BY JR REYES. AKALA NG MERALCO NAKAULIT NA SILA :lol: :P :lol: :P

Akala ko nga panalo na meralco esp. after Greg fouled Cortez who's attempting a 3-pt, rookie mistake on the part of Greg pero madaming instances na ganun 'di lang sa part ng rookie, but they should also taught or remind him to go up straight instead of 'yung papunta sa player na titira sa tres

Another buzzer beating 3 point shot for Japeth Aguilar! Talo na Panalo pa!

pero in fairness, Meralco played well... medyo hirap ang GSM sa kanila. suwerte na lang at na injured si Gary David...

napansin ko lang si Agustin, sa last 3 timeouts nila, same lang halos lahat ng play na pinapagawa nya... yung players na lang ang dumidiskarte eh.

malas pa si Caguioa. hirap pa sila ma contain si Dillinger at Hugnatan...

Got to give credit din sa meralco, hate to say this pero ryan gregorio and his coaching staff seemed to have scouted Ginebra pretty well, hirap na hirap sila, sabagay andyan si Jong na dating coach ng Ginebra. Lahat ng gulang ginagawa ni Hugnatan hehe, the big men of Ginebra ought to learn a thing or two from him, 'di lang laging tangkad o laki ng katawan ang ginagamit, kailangan me gulang din hehe

Meralco seemed to be Ginebra's kontra-pelo this conference, if not for that last-second shot of Japeth talo na sila eh, akala ko nung lamang na ng 5 pts. wala na, ibang klase ang tira ni JR Reyes at Japeth, JR is a good addition to them, that Kerby trade paid off pano mas bata si JR at physical din maglaro.

Yung commentator meron pang: "Ginebra is in danger of getting their second loss.....it would take a miracle of Biblical proportions.................................." Hindi mo kilala ang "Jaworski's Never Say Die" proportions laugh.gif

Kudos to another big man........JR Reyes for that corner three pointer. Sobra ang banging at hand checking ni Hugnatan. Dapat graduate na yun kung tinawagan lang ng refs maski kalahati ang mga hawak niya kay Japeth.

Oo nga sir hehe, akala ko talaga talo na eh, meron pa palang rabbit out of Agustin's hat in Jr Reyes who cut the lead. One thing is for sure, they can't play like that and rely on a last second winning shot. As for Hugnatan, bilib ako dito noon pang nasa coca-cola tigers s'ya noong early 2000, 'di gano kataas at kalaki ang katawan pero malakas sa loob at magaling din na post defender, sadyang malakas ang katawan nito and made for basketball.

Edited by Agent_mulder