Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Which one would you guys prefer? Asi or Japeth?

Asi in terms of heart and work ethic, Aguilar bata nga pero me saltik naman sa utak

ginebra started playing as team when that f#&king feeling superstar caguia was injured

then he insisted he play again, nasira yung rotation.

Well moot and academic na ýan, though aside from putting all the blame on MC47 tingin ko alaska really outplay and outwit them noong finals

wag na sna si japeth, di pa ganun kasikat bukod sa pagiging matangkad halos wla pang award na nakukuha lumalaki na ang ulo at me saltik. ok na ok pa si Asi kahit mabagal at may edad na he can still provide the size and experience for the team..kung pwede pa isama si major pain magandang addition din.

kung di naman kakapalan ng mukha ng petron at di mag champion champion tutal iisang company lang din naman bka pwede sila magpahiram at mag trade ng bigman for barangay.

ginebra started playing as team when that f#&king feeling superstar caguia was injured

iho, i hate to break your CAGUIOA bashing, pero...

Una. He is the leading local scorer for BGSM.

Pangalawa. Never mong masasabing "feeling" superstar ang REIGNING MVP.

Pangatlo. Had he not been injured, kasama talaga sya sa rotation ng players ng BGSM.

Pang-apat. Without Caguioa, BGSM won't even be in the Finals. Baka di pa nakaabot ng QF (Based on game scores and MC47's point production).

So, do make a better argument than just hating.

• Like (+1) 1

Pangatlo. Had he not been injured, kasama talaga sya sa rotation ng players ng BGSM.

Pang-apat. Without Caguioa, BGSM won't even be in the Finals. Baka di pa nakaabot ng QF (Based on game scores and MC47's point production).

well said

wag na sna si japeth, di pa ganun kasikat bukod sa pagiging matangkad halos wla pang award na nakukuha lumalaki na ang ulo at me saltik. ok na ok pa si Asi kahit mabagal at may edad na he can still provide the size and experience for the team..kung pwede pa isama si major pain magandang addition din.

kung di naman kakapalan ng mukha ng petron at di mag champion champion tutal iisang company lang din naman bka pwede sila magpahiram at mag trade ng bigman for barangay.

Kung may team na papayag to become a conduit, why not? Pero ang big man lang from Petron na tingin ko eh babagay sa style ng BGSM is either Fajardo or Santos. At malabo ding bitawan yun ng Petron.

well said

+1...i'll have to agree on this.

At nangyari na nga. Anu kaya future ng BGSM?

Aguilar bound for Ginebra, Washington toGlobalport in multi-team dealJAPETH Aguilar's long-awaited move to BarangayGinebra is pushing through afterall.Multiple sources told Spin.ph on Monday thatsister teams Ginebra and Petron and leaguenewcomer Globaport are putting the final toucheson a deal revolving around the high-leaping Aguilar.The final draft of the trade has yet to be approvedby all the parties, but the main deal that wouldhave Aguilar moving to Ginebra for rookie centerYousif Taha and a future first-round draft pick hasalready been sealed.Globalport, the sources said, is also involved inanother swap with Petron that would have theBatang Pier acquiring Jay Washington for rookiegunner Jason Deutschmann.To complete the shake-up of Ginebra's lineup, theleague's most popular team is also sending high-flyer Elmer Espiritu to Barako Bull for a future draftpick.Sources said the multi-layered deal could beapproved as early as Tuesday pending the finaltalks between the two SMC clubs and Globalportteam owner Mikee Romero.

At nangyari na nga. Anu kaya future ng BGSM?

Aguilar bound for Ginebra, Washington toGlobalport in multi-team dealJAPETH Aguilar's long-awaited move to BarangayGinebra is pushing through afterall.Multiple sources told Spin.ph on Monday thatsister teams Ginebra and Petron and leaguenewcomer Globaport are putting the final toucheson a deal revolving around the high-leaping Aguilar.The final draft of the trade has yet to be approvedby all the parties, but the main deal that wouldhave Aguilar moving to Ginebra for rookie centerYousif Taha and a future first-round draft pick hasalready been sealed.Globalport, the sources said, is also involved inanother swap with Petron that would have theBatang Pier acquiring Jay Washington for rookiegunner Jason Deutschmann.To complete the shake-up of Ginebra's lineup, theleague's most popular team is also sending high-flyer Elmer Espiritu to Barako Bull for a future draftpick.Sources said the multi-layered deal could beapproved as early as Tuesday pending the finaltalks between the two SMC clubs and Globalportteam owner Mikee Romero.

wtf!!! gsm gives up taha, espiritu and a 1st round draft pick just to get a headache?

wtf!!! gsm gives up taha, espiritu and a 1st round draft pick just to get a headache?

Seems like it. At least, until Mikee Romero approves of it.

Kesa naman Meralco. Ang gusto Raymundo for Asi. Some rumors even say that they want Raymundo and Urbiztondo for Asi and Hodge, but I doubt this is true with their acquiring Jared Dillinger.

Eto trade summaries as of today:

1. Barako - Talk N' Text

a. Barako - acquired the rights to Jared Dillinger

b. Talk N' Text - acquired the rights to Sean Anthony

2. Barako - Meralco

a. Barako - acquired the rights to Ronjay Buenafe and Gilbert Bulawan

b. Meralco - acquired the rights to Jared Dillinger and Don Allado

Summary:

1. Barako now have - Ronjay Buenafe and Gilbert Bulawan

2. Meralco now have- Jared Dillinger and Don Allado

3. Talk N' Text now has - Sean Anthony

Sila nagpapalakas na. Ang BGSM kaya??

Japeth Aguilar to Ginebra, Jay Washington to GlobalPort deals approved by PBA

Rey Joble, InterAKTV · Tuesday, June 11, 2013 · 3:28 pm

http://cms.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2013/02/japeth-aguilar-globalport.jpgAKTV/Paolo Papa

The PBA on Tuesday approved separate deals that sent high-flying forwards Japeth Aguilar and Jay Washington to new teams.

GlobalPort completed a trade to send Aguilar to Barangay Ginebra San Miguel in exchange for rookie center Yousef Taha and a first round pick in 2013.

The Gin Kings sent Elmer Espiritu to Barako Bull for the first round pick, originally from Talk ‘N Text, to send to GlobalPort.

The Batang Pier also acquired Jay Washington from Petron in exchange for rookie forward Jason Deutchmann and second round picks in 2016 and 2017.

In an earlier interview, GlobalPort team owner Mikee Romero confirmed the offers.

“There are offers. I will always look at what’s best for the team,” he said.

approved na. Elmer Espiritu to Barako for a future 1st rd pick. Japeth for Taha and a 2014 pick. What does this bring to the Barangay?

In Japeth we got a potential (or is it already) head case but someone who is better than Taha at this point.

Espiritu is the throw in in this trade since the Gin Kings needs to acquire a pick in order to send to Global ( I think they already gave away their 2014 1st and 2nd round pick in the Casio trade).

Besides, I don't think Espiritu will be able to get some playing time given that we already have Ellis, Mac B as well as Dylan A at SF

• Like (+1) 2

Lahing Ginebra: Japeth Aguilar, Billy Mamaril form second-generation Gin Kings front line

Jay P. Mercado, http://cms.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2013/06/aguilar-mamaril.jpgSports5/Paolo Papa

There have been several pairs of fathers and sons who have played in the PBA. The list is quite extensive: Freddie and Jason Webb, Sonny and Junjun Cabatu, Freddie and Paolo Hubalde, Elmer and Raphy Reyes, Jess Migalbin and Richard Yee, Jun and Addy Papa, and of course, Robert Jaworski, Sr. and Jr.

In 1995, Ginebra San Miguel, with playing coach Jaworski, Sr. at the helm, drafted his eldest son and namesake, Robert, Jr. or Dodot, in the second round of the rookie draft. Dodot didn’t get to play the entire 1995 season but suited up for the team starting in the 1996 season. And while he got to play two years for the franchise, we weren’t able to witness father and son play together inside the court. Yet, the feat was historic since this was the only time in league history when father and son were part of a common roster. It may not happen again in the future.

Fast forward 18 years later and the franchise has put itself in history books once more. When Japeth Aguilar was traded to Ginebra from GlobalPort, he teams up with fellow second-generation player Billy Mamaril for the first time in their careers.

Curiously, 24 years ago, Japeth’s father, Peter was drafted in the first round of the rookie draft by Jaworski, Sr. to play for the team then known Anejo Rum 65. As such, he found himself in the company of Billy’s dad, Romy, then the lanky starting center for the 65ers. And like their sons, Romy played center while Peter dabbled at the No. 3 and No. 4 positions.

The fathers got to play for Anejo in seasons 1989 and 1990 before being shipped to different teams. The sons get to replicate their fathers’ roles in the same team where their fathers teamed up more than two decades ago.

And if Ginebra considers re-signing Paolo Hubalde after the ABL season, then that will be three second generation players playing for one franchise — in the same way their fathers played together once upon a time for the same team from 1989 to 1990.

Jay P. Mercado is a highly-regarded PBA amateur historian. He serves as a consultant for the PBA Greatest Games broadcast on Pinoy X-treme.

In Japeth we got a potential (or is it already) head case but someone who is better than Taha at this point.

Espiritu is the throw in in this trade since the Gin Kings needs to acquire a pick in order to send to Global ( I think they already gave away their 2014 1st and 2nd round pick in the Casio trade).

Besides, I don't think Espiritu will be able to get some playing time given that we already have Ellis, Mac B as well as Dylan A at SF

agree.... pero espiritu i think is really good.. sayang... i never believe that taha will be good 1 two years down the line... and you trade nya to ginebra for mike cortez before is not the best for the team... anyway sana madisiplina si aguilar