• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

okey lang yan.. come game time... di na niya mapapansin si Coach Chua... malayo na si coach sa tabi niya nasa sidelines na saka madami ng tao... :lol:

Ginebra import Herbert Hill still out of shape, undergoing evaluation

Rey Joble, InterAKTV · Sunday, January 20, 2013 · 5:46 pm http://cms.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2013/01/ginebra-coaches-siot-tanquingcen-alfrancis-chua.jpgAKTV/Paolo Papa

New Barangay Ginebra San Miguel coach Alfrancis Chua is known for preaching run-and-gun basketball, which is why having an import that’s out of shape is a big problem for the squad.

Chua said import Herbert Hill is not yet in game shape, leaving his status with the squad uncertain.

“He’s on a day-to-day basis. Kailangan talaga makundisyon siya,” wrote Chua in a text message to InterAKTV.

The 6-foot-10, 240-pound Hill was selected in the second round of the NBA draft in 2007 by the Utah Jazz before being traded to the Philadelphia 76ers.

He spent last season in South Korea, where he averaged 19.1 points, 9.5 rebounds, and 2.2 blocks for the Daegu Orionas, leaving his mark as one of the most productive imports in the league.

But Hill was still groping for form in practice with Ginebra, although Chua said he has been showing flashes of brilliance.

“OK siya, may laro naman talaga. Kailangan lang ng hangin,” said Chua.

Al Chua likes Ginebra to run and gun. What happens should Ginebra reach the Finals wherein fast break points are hard to come by? I remember that Shell team in the late 80s, starring Bobby Parks, Benjie Paras and Ronnie Magsanoc, whose offense depended heavily on the fast break and always went to the Finals only to lose to SMB every time.

Huwag na lang lumayo. Yung Rain or Shine, fast breaking team, sugod ng sugod pero come finals, natigil ang fastbreak nila ng TNT.

Pabor ako sa trade na yan ... loaded na sa guard and SF ang Gin Kings at kulang sa power forward position.

mac B could be playing the stretch 4 position for them. Malamang sila ang magpalitan ni Rico M sa PF position. Could this be a prelude to another trade involving Kerby who also plays the 4 (being his natural position) in exchange of Japeth who I suppose they want to play center?

I hope Al Chua will give him playing time to get his rhythm. Raymundo is one of the top post guys in the league and if the run and gun gets shut down by the other team, he is the main option at the post for Ginebra. I admired his post moves when he was still playing for Red Bull and Purefoods.

i think what kerby really lacks is the playing time to get back his confidence and rhythm. nawala ang kumpiyansa nung binangko ni siot. hopefully chua will give him the much needed playing time. i believe this guy still has the moves at the post.

Edited by junix

I hope Al Chua will give him playing time to get his rhythm. Raymundo is one of the top post guys in the league and if the run and gun gets shut down by the other team, he is the main option at the post for Ginebra. I admired his post moves when he was still playing for Red Bull and Purefoods.

His idols are Kevin Garnett and Hakeem Olajuwon...

Garnett doesn't post up that often but The Dream is absolutely the best post player in NBA history, in my opinion. Raymundo is more of like a Mchale in his post moves. Should the other team neutralize the fast break, the post play of Raymundo is definitely one of the major options of Al Chua. Perhaps, even a two-man game between Raymundo and Caguioa or Tenorio, which is another option.

Or better yet, just give the ball to Kerby with four shooters positioned on different spots on the floor, reminiscent of the Houston Rockets in the mid-90's.

i agree!