Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

i think, they need an import who can be an inside option....

CA has been giving them the rebounds and blocks pero, limited kasi talaga offensive moves nya... Come playoffs where the opposing teams can easily make adjustments... dehado...since short lang ang elims... making a replacement later could be more fatal...

CA used to be really good during his first stint with the Gins. However, during the current conference, he is being outperformed by the present crop of imports. Sad to say but Ginebra won't go far with CA around. It's a gamble to have Vroman. Let's wait and see.

If you guys remember, noong una nag-adjust pa si Alexander sa style of play ng PBA at ng kanyang team, then came the 12 straight (yata) wins then all the way na sa championship and eventually the title. Gamble talaga ang pagkuha nila kay Vroman..

Mukhang mahirapan tayo sa Tnt next time.

Tnt is a match-up dilemma para sa lahat ng teams, kita n'yo naman wala nang import tinalo pa bmeg

Edited by Agent_mulder

it's really disheartening to see chris alexander go...in fairness to the guy, i think he did a decent job, though it was obvious that his performance was different from that of his previous tour of duty a few years back.

pero kung ganito naman ang lalaruin ni vroman, then i think there is renewed hope for the kings to make a run at the championship.

Kaya ng BGK yun TnT. Pag sinuwerte sina Fast and Furious, walang laban sina Larry Fonacier and Ali Peek dun.

Kaya nila ang tnt man for man, sa isang bagay me edge ang tnt sa kanila, sa rotation/substitution pattern at individual role ng players na instilled sa kanila ni chot.

Pls improve the rotation so we can win!

Kaya pa ba natin mag Finals uli?

Si chot na mismo ang nagsabi na depth ang bench ng Ginebra ngayon, lalo pa daw lumakas sa pagkakakuha kay Vroman. Ayusin lang ang rotation/substitution pattern at sana lang Vroman can live up to expectation at sasaya na naman ang mga fans.

Jackson Vroman displayed his versatility in Barangay Ginebra’s 105-96 thumping of Powerade in the PBA Commissioner’s Cup Sunday night at the Ynares Center in Antipolo City.

Vroman, who replaced Chris Alexander, finished with 19 points, 12 rebounds, five blocks, four assists and three steals in his debut for the Kings, who grabbed the solo second spot in the standings with a 3-1 win-loss mark.

Mark Caguioa erupted for 31 points on 13-of-22 shooting from the floor. He scored 16 points in the pivotal third quarter when Ginebra pulled away from a close game.

“Being a player kapag nakikita mo na may magagawa import mo, medyo tumataas ang laro ng locals,” said Kings coach Siot Tanquingcen, who also drew 15 points from Mike Cortez.

“I’m not taking anything away from Chris [Alexander] because he brought us wins naman. We always look for ways to improve the team. Nagbago na kasi ang timpla ng team.”

Vroman had 11 points in the first period when the Kings took a 29-22 lead. The Tigers had a solid second quarter to trail by one point, 49-48, going into the break.

Caguioa carried Ginebra in the third quarter, when the Gin Kings took a 80-66 advantage. The lead went up as high as 18 points, 86-68, but JVee Casio sparked a Powerade rally. His back-to-back baskets capped a 16-7 exchange to cut the lead to 93-84 with 3:49 remaining.

Caguioa answered the run with two straight baskets and fed Dylan Ababou for a break-away slam to put the game out of reach, 101-88.

Gary David paced the Tigers with 23 points while MArcio Lassiter and Casio contributed 19 and 18 points respectively. Powerade import Dwayne Jones was limited to just 13 points.

The scores:

GINEBRA 105 – Caguioa 31, Vroman 19, Cortez 15, Ababou 10, Hatfield 7, Villanueva 6, Wilson J. 5, Helterbrand 5, Raymundo 5, Mamaril 2, Labagala 0.

POWERADE 96 – David 23, Lassiter 19, Casio 18, Jones 13, Kramer 10, Vanlandingham 6, Anthony 5, Lingganay 2, Calimag 0, Adducul 0, Crisano 0

Quarters: 29-22, 49-48, 80-66, 105-96

Very impressive numbers. Almost similar to CA44 in his best condition.

for me ok na is vroman....mahina nga lang sa freethrow..medyo nangangapa pa.....1st game palang naman nia...i think he can show more and do more...but on this game againt powerrade..para sa akin..malaki narin naicontribute nia...let see on the following game..againts meralco sa wednesday ata....but it was really mark the spark ang nagspark tlaga on this game..hope ganto lagi laro ni mark and ofcourse his team mate as well...konting adjustment pa sa rotation...sina canaleta di ko nakikita nakakapaglaro...i doubt hatfield upon returning sa ginebra but kayod marino talaga...so he really deserve to on the gin kings..for me he(hatfield) really do better than menk in terms of offensive rebound...this is just my opinion ....malakas kutob ka ginebra will be on the finals...

for me ok na is vroman....mahina nga lang sa freethrow..medyo nangangapa pa.....1st game palang naman nia...i think he can show more and do more...but on this game againt powerrade..para sa akin..malaki narin naicontribute nia...let see on the following game..againts meralco sa wednesday ata....but it was really mark the spark ang nagspark tlaga on this game..hope ganto lagi laro ni mark and ofcourse his team mate as well...konting adjustment pa sa rotation...sina canaleta di ko nakikita nakakapaglaro...i doubt hatfield upon returning sa ginebra but kayod marino talaga...so he really deserve to on the gin kings..for me he(hatfield) really do better than menk in terms of offensive rebound...this is just my opinion ....malakas kutob ka ginebra will be on the finals...

Well as the newspapers said Vroman lived up to expectations, very versatile s'ya, I know he can score pero ang hindi ko alam ok din naman pala s'ya sa depense (5 blocks mostly on D. Johnson), tingin ko lang kahit veteran na s'ya ng Asian league at international competition medyo naninibago s'ya sa rugged defense sa kanya, also, tingin ko din medyo asiwa pa s'ya sa physical plays considering na me injury s'ya sa ilong (na nadinig ko courtesy of Rico V. sa practice pa lang hehe). Kudos to Hatfield and Rico V. for their tough plays kagabi, Hatfield, Rico V. and Mamaril can surely defend against the imports of the opposing teams pero foul-prone talaga si Mamaril. Kudos din to Ababou, magaling na player 'to, parang beterano na maglaro at 'di takot to take sumalaksak, sayang nga lang at 'di nagagamit sina KG at Rico M.

Sanay si Vroman sa larong FIBA since most of the leagues he's been in adopt the rules of FIBA like a longer shot clock which translates to more patience on offense thus more ball movement and finding the open man. In other words, he's used to a team-oriented, unselfish style of play that's why he doesn't score that much and is well-balanced in all aspects of the game. Ok talaga si Vroman.

Versatile at unselfish player si Vrooman, he can also set-up his team mates, one instance is 'yung naka-pwesto s'ya sa side at naibigay sa kanya ang bola then he passed to Hatfield kaso Hatfield wasn't able to score, he let the locals do the scoring kagabi.

Edited by Agent_mulder

I wasn't able to watch the game. I only saw it on the papers but I liked his stats. I saw him when he was playing for Lebanon and he is a pretty good inside player. Lumalaban din sa rebounding. As for naasiwa si Vroman sa physical plays, diba dapat sanay sya kasi mas physical talaga ang FIBA play kaysa sa PBA.

Iba naman kasi ang physical plays ng Pinoy at alam namaa natin 'yan, me isang instance kung saan huling-huli ng refs at ng camera ang pagpatid sa kanya ni Calimag

Iba naman kasi ang physical plays ng Pinoy at alam namaa natin 'yan, me isang instance kung saan huling-huli ng refs at ng camera ang pagpatid sa kanya ni Calimag

clearly seen on TV. it was more of a dirty play by calimag rather than a physical play...though vroman took it in stride.

imho vroman is more of an all-around import compared to alexander. he'll get better as the tournament progresses. i can see happier days for us ginebra fans.

just wondering why canaleta and billy wilson were not put in the game by siot. and how about rico M?

clearly seen on TV. it was more of a dirty play by calimag rather than a physical play...though vroman took it in stride.

imho vroman is more of an all-around import compared to alexander. he'll get better as the tournament progresses. i can see happier days for us ginebra fans.

just wondering why canaleta and billy wilson were not put in the game by siot. and how about rico M?

yan ang sinasabi ko na dilemna ng coaching staff, how to give evrybody or all of them the playing time they need.....

IMO... i think they will get their minutes depende sa kalaban nilang team at sa game plan they will be using... against powerade last night... i think minutes ni wilson was occupied more by hatfield and billy mamaril, and pati ni Enrico due to the match up and task of guarding the import who's too tall and stronger for willy to guard, Rico M btw is still nursing a swollen knee...