Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Sobra... Bakit kasi ibinababad pa yang gurang na yan... I still regret the day they traded Skyrus to this guy... :(

Anywho...

Ginebra's rookies saved the day for them.

108-106.

========================================================================

Tapos nagrereklamo pa sa media kung bakit kaunti ang playing time niya. Time to trade this Olongaponian!

Was that the time when he threw his bottle of mineral water at a chair? :lol:

Bingo. Sa itsura nya nun, mukha syang batang naagawan ng kendi kaya nagdabog... :D

And i quote. Chot Reyes said in an interview that their winning streak made them untouchable. EAT $#!T REYES!!!! Ha!

========================================================================

Tapos nagrereklamo pa sa media kung bakit kaunti ang playing time niya. Time to trade this Olongaponian!

His monicker "Thrilla" should be given to Labagala. His days of thrilling fans are over. Its all complaints that I see about him nowadays... He should know that BGK is an All-Star Team. Limited time should have been expected when he agreed to be traded.

A very ugly finish that we almost loss the game. Ang sakit nun kumasok tira ni Alapag. Those 6 miss freethrows could have gave us comortable lead. And Miller... oh men, two times nya nang ginawa un.

Actually, since being traded to BGK, he's done that a total of 8 times already. <_<

Edited by Kyoji_Kagami

let's not get too hard on willie miller. if you saw the game really close, he made two crucial basket during the stretch. if not for those 2 baskets overtime pa sana ang game..afterall, the 2 best players of the game (john wilson and rob labagala) also missed their respective free throws.. pressure can be felt even by a veteran during finals

let's just see if he can redeem himself tomorrow.... oh btw, tomorrow's game is an out of town game. for the record, ginebra rarely loses during an out of town game!

Edited by ray004

let's not get too hard on willie miller. if you saw the game really close, he made two crucial basket during the stretch. if not for those 2 baskets overtime pa sana ang game..afterall, the 2 best players of the game (john wilson and rob labagala) also missed their respective free throws.. pressure can be felt even by a veteran during finals

let's just see if he can redeem himself tomorrow.... oh btw, tomorrow's game is an out of town game. for the record, ginebra rarely loses during an out of town game!

Mas malupit kasi kapag out of town games. Majority kasi ng taga province puro Ginebra ...........and.............hindi makakahakot ng spectators na may libreng T-shirt si Manny Pangilinan! Hirap atang maghakot kapag out of town games.

Well, this I have to agree on. Iba ang pressure sa Finals compared sa eliminations.

BGK 2. TnT - 1?

Pwede!!!

Knowing Miller... He's not that kind of Guys Miller Hater thinks, Is it in the 3rd quarter that Miller make mince meat of Fonacier Defense making those consecutive baskets.. before he was blocked and lost the ball on a turnover and was subsequently taken out.

I think marami lang talagang Go- to guy ang Ginebra kaya 48 minutes is just too little to do much for a go to Guy and to share amongst.

I applaud Miller when he made that up and under shot against Larry Fonacier .. that long jumper on a what seems to be a fast break on going... "Kontra Pelo" that makes him uncanny....

I admire Jongs Tactics(whole coaching staff) last night....

1. Putting J. wilson on Harris...after Tubid failing to limit the import in scoring and TuBid not making shots - that's putting premium on defense over offense

2. He matched up well on the 1 Spot... TNT having the BEST, 1st 2nd and Third combination over all

3. Pulling out their Import after Nate failed to Defend against the High pOp and Up play of Tnt With Ranidel and Jimmy,, Thats another Defense over Offense.

The only Lapse i think is Putting on Wille (knowing He really chokes) on the End Game .coming off a time out at it - knowing very well TNT would Foul. WAAAAAAAAAA :ohmy:

and Yeah... the ploy of Not utilizing and at the same Time Preserving Menk in the SEMIS....

all perhaps think We should have used Menk on the series against Gilas because we Need Height to match up with Gilas specially with the injury of The Raging Bull, a tactic that worked. Because a lot thought maybe "Major pain is injured anew thus...Tnt.. did not "Fully" prepare for Menk.

at Least now, i know there's no sweep ( a sweep would have been TNT going 4-0, even b4 winning game 1; for their superior manpower in talent upto 3rd Unit :huh:). I hope it's BGK in 5 Games..... why? because I root For Ginebra... From Miller to Lagabala, From Yancy to Menk From the caoching staff to the ballboys.

And i like their chances in 5-6 Games....... Game 3 is an out of Town Game ( i like our winning percentage on out of Town Games)

momentum is slightly on our side making Game 3 more winnable... (after winning Game 2... it's a morale booster for the Rookies to do better, knowing they can beat TNT after being demolished in Game 1, i dont mind the VETS.. they r Vets... they know what they r capable off already.

For me, I dont Want a Game 7. Because health and youth would set in as a great Factor :P On a second thought of It aren't we Good On a Do- or Die Game. ;)

Erik Menk made the difference!

yesireee,,, Those Huge rebounds and Power moves, actually only Eric can match up with Hulking Peek and Ranidel at the post

'Di ko napanood ang laban nila last night 12 midnight na kasi ako naka-uwi but its good to know na nanalo sila. Bakit 'di na yata nagagamit si Jimbo Aquino? Ganda naman ng performance n'ya last conference after that 'di na yata masyado nagamit....

sarap nga idol....sarap kabahan..mainis. at the same time... ;)

Coincidence that Miller choked ??? I don't thinks so he has done that for the nth time since being traded to Ginebra so please Coach Jong don't play Miller during the crucial stages of the game.

Sir madalas lang talaga mag choke si Miller..kaya natataon na coincidence.. ;)

Yeah... si Coach Jhong kasi makalimutin... siguro nag chochoke din si Coach Jong. He keeps on Forgetting ... naipasok pa nin niya si Miller at that stage of the game :lol:

si J.wilson swerteng Rookie ah..rookie nga ba sya? ganda ng pinka kita nya ng game2 eh .

kahit na miss ni Miller yung FT ok lang sakanila pa din ang game2 .lets see sa game3 sino ang matibay talaga.

Yup sir rookie siya... actually, ni waived pa nga niya last year of eligibility niya sa NCAA.

Matapang lang talaga...Me daga pa naman din. Missing those Free Throws (though a 2x MVP also missed twos )and a Fast Break Lay Up.

Pero plays Tough Defense on an Import...e...dugong Ginebra nga..( parang si Manong Dante Gonzalgo nung araw ... Me 3 shot at Slasher pero First a defender)

nadaya na naman ba coach chot? hehehe

Was that the time when he threw his bottle of mineral water at a chair? :lol:

tama...there was also this instance when he kneeled on the sidelines raising both his hands and para bang humihingi ng tawad tsk tsk tsk mga bulok na kadramahan nga naman ni reyes.

go kings!!! let's go for win no. 2.

yesireee,,, Those Huge rebounds and Power moves, actually only Eric can match up with Hulking Peek and Ranidel at the post

Yeah... si Coach Jhong kasi makalimutin... siguro nag chochoke din si Coach Jong. He keeps on Forgetting ... naipasok pa nin niya si Miller at that stage of the game :lol:

Yup sir rookie siya... actually, ni waived pa nga niya last year of eligibility niya sa NCAA.

Matapang lang talaga...Me daga pa naman din. Missing those Free Throws (though a 2x MVP also missed twos )and a Fast Break Lay Up.

Pero plays Tough Defense on an Import...e...dugong Ginebra nga..( parang si Manong Dante Gonzalgo nung araw ... Me 3 shot at Slasher pero First a defender)

Mukhang masarap din manood ng live bro kung me mabibili pang ticket hehe. Mvp 'wag mo naman hakutin ang ticket hehe. Sayang 'di ko napanood ang magandang laro ni John Wilson, mukhang pang-Ginebra talaga ang player na ito base sa sinabi mo....

Edited by Agent_mulder

tama...there was also this instance when he kneeled on the sidelines raising both his hands and para bang humihingi ng tawad tsk tsk tsk mga bulok na kadramahan nga naman ni reyes.

D'yan pala ke chot aral ng ka-dramahan si ryan reyes, parang mentor ni ryan si chot noong araw di ba, sorry kung ot

Knowing Miller... He's not that kind of Guys Miller Hater thinks, Is it in the 3rd quarter that Miller make mince meat of Fonacier Defense making those consecutive baskets.. before he was blocked and lost the ball on a turnover and was subsequently taken out.

I think marami lang talagang Go- to guy ang Ginebra kaya 48 minutes is just too little to do much for a go to Guy and to share amongst.

I applaud Miller when he made that up and under shot against Larry Fonacier .. that long jumper on a what seems to be a fast break on going... "Kontra Pelo" that makes him uncanny....

I admire Jongs Tactics(whole coaching staff) last night....

1. Putting J. wilson on Harris...after Tubid failing to limit the import in scoring and TuBid not making shots - that's putting premium on defense over offense

2. He matched up well on the 1 Spot... TNT having the BEST, 1st 2nd and Third combination over all

3. Pulling out their Import after Nate failed to Defend against the High pOp and Up play of Tnt With Ranidel and Jimmy,, Thats another Defense over Offense.

The only Lapse i think is Putting on Wille (knowing He really chokes) on the End Game .coming off a time out at it - knowing very well TNT would Foul. WAAAAAAAAAA :ohmy:

and Yeah... the ploy of Not utilizing and at the same Time Preserving Menk in the SEMIS....

all perhaps think We should have used Menk on the series against Gilas because we Need Height to match up with Gilas specially with the injury of The Raging Bull, a tactic that worked. Because a lot thought maybe "Major pain is injured anew thus...Tnt.. did not "Fully" prepare for Menk.

at Least now, i know there's no sweep ( a sweep would have been TNT going 4-0, even b4 winning game 1; for their superior manpower in talent upto 3rd Unit :huh:). I hope it's BGK in 5 Games..... why? because I root For Ginebra... From Miller to Lagabala, From Yancy to Menk From the caoching staff to the ballboys.

And i like their chances in 5-6 Games....... Game 3 is an out of Town Game ( i like our winning percentage on out of Town Games)

momentum is slightly on our side making Game 3 more winnable... (after winning Game 2... it's a morale booster for the Rookies to do better, knowing they can beat TNT after being demolished in Game 1, i dont mind the VETS.. they r Vets... they know what they r capable off already.

For me, I dont Want a Game 7. Because health and youth would set in as a great Factor :P On a second thought of It aren't we Good On a Do- or Die Game. ;)

I agree with everything said above, except on one point, which is the " I think marami lang talagang Go- to guy ang Ginebra kaya 48 minutes is just too little to do much for a go to Guy and to share amongst."

First off, with Tubid's game being up and down this conference and the injuries, it should have been time for Miller to take charge. He's a 2-time MVP after all. Leadership nya ang kelangan, and that comes from being a seasoned vet. Sure, Caguioa does that mostly for BGK, pero that's why he was recruited from the Aces. Sa basketball, simple lang naman siguro ang gusto ng coach pag ganitong series na ang labanan, which is to bring your A-game, regardless on how many playing minutes are given to you. Tingnan mo yung dalawang rookie and Menk. Since maganda ang inilalaro, they get more playing time compared to their counterparts in the same position. Miller too, would get the same treatment if he doesn't make those costly turnovers and missed freethrows.

Erik Menk made the difference!

Like I've said: Vintage Major Pain. :)

'Di ko napanood ang laban nila last night 12 midnight na kasi ako naka-uwi but its good to know na nanalo sila. Bakit 'di na yata nagagamit si Jimbo Aquino? Ganda naman ng performance n'ya last conference after that 'di na yata masyado nagamit....

He was used in game 1. Unfortunately, he was outshined by Wilson and Labagala.

Coincidence that Miller choked ??? I don't thinks so he has done that for the nth time since being traded to Ginebra so please Coach Jong don't play Miller during the crucial stages of the game.

I second the petition!

Actually, Mamaril can also match up with Peek and De Ocampo. Kaya lang ang pinagkaiba, foul prone si Mamaril. Ubos na fouls nya bago pa mag-init. <_<

Yung sa dulo, J.Wilson proved to everyone a certain basketball saying: Offense wins games. Defense wins championships.

Labagala and Wilson for Rookies of the Year!

Kabaklaan ni Chot. Hahahaha.

Mukhang masarap din manood ng live bro kung me mabibili pang ticket hehe. Mvp 'wag mo naman hakutin ang ticket hehe. Sayang 'di ko napanood ang magandang laro ni John Wilson, mukhang pang-Ginebra talaga ang player na ito base sa sinabi mo....

When Harris fouled him during a breakaway layup (Harris pushed him in the face), susugurin na dapat yun eh. Humarang lang si De Ocampo. He had a busted lip but kept playing excellent defense. Trademark na ata ng BGK na magkaroon ng mga unexpected na rookies na kumakana when it matters the most (similar to when Caguioa was a rookie and scorched SMB with his killer crossovers).

Edited by Kyoji_Kagami

When Harris fouled him during a breakaway layup (Harris pushed him in the face), susugurin na dapat yun eh. Humarang lang si De Ocampo. He had a busted lip but kept playing excellent defense. Trademark na ata ng BGK na magkaroon ng mga unexpected na rookies na kumakana when it matters the most (similar to when Caguioa was a rookie and scorched SMB with his killer crossovers).

oo nga.. that should have netted the import a Penalty one....for me its more of a shoved with a closed Fist....

a good article from mico halili

The Final Score: What is Ginebra's Little Robbie Labagala doing in the PBA Finals?

By Mico Halili

His name thundered out of the loudspeakers, "Rob Labagala!" He was the first player introduced during the traditional call-outs before Game 1. He was out there as a player for the league's most popular team, in the championship series of the PBA. The doubters were still stunned. Si Robert? Yung maliit? Yung anak ni Ed? How absurd.

Back-track to March 1984. Ed, who stood no taller than 5-foot-4, and his wife, who was five months pregnant, walked around Ed's office and bumped into officemate and good friend Freddie Manzon. "Pare kung lalake lang ito, sigurado player na ito," Ed, referring to his future baby boy, proudly told Freddie. Freddie humorously fired back, "Ang yabang mo ah." When people start belittling your chances before you're even born, disbelief is normal.

"Kasi naniwala ako," Ed passionately shared to me, like he's giving a testimonial in church. "I'm very positive. Ginawa namin naman ano dapat gawin. Kasi sabi nga nila, kung hihintayin mo lang mahulog yung bunga sa puno, walang mangyayari. Aakyatin mo yun."

Back where it started, in Barangay Tanke in Talisay, Cebu, father and son held on to shared dreams while people around them held on to strong doubts. The verdict on Rob; at a very lean 5-foot-7, masyado kasi maliit, hindi mukhang basketball player, huwag nang umasa. Rob wasn't even recruited to play for his own barangay. But Ed had complete faith in his son. Rob had complete faith in his game.

Rob was the non-star in star-studded UE teams during the James Yap and Bonbon Custodio eras. He was the small player given minimal chance to make it big. He marched on, played for what felt like 200 teams in every league he could join, waited for the chance no one was supposed to give. Ginebra, of all teams, gave him a shot. Jay-Jay Helterbrand stepped aside. Rob stepped in. Fans howled in wonder, "Who is this 26-year-old rookie???!" But the Hobbit with a jump-shot showed grit. Ed, after all, taught him how to persevere.

Fast-forward to March 2011. Rob played in his first PBA game. Basketball fans back in Talisay were surprised to see Little Robbie's face on television, to watch him score two three-pointers in a Ginebra uniform. "Sabi ng mga kababayan ko sa akin after the game 'Sorry, akala namin kasi hindi makakarating sa PBA si Robert,'" Ed fondly recalls. "Sabi ko sa kanila 'There's nothing impossible as long as you wish, as long as you work very hard.'"

I have a confession. Nobody calls him Little Robbie. I just made it up because it sounds catchier. At this point, however, Ed and Rob will probably let me say Little Robbie all season long. Because as Little Robert, nobody believed he could contribute to Ginebra's victory in Game 2 of the Finals. Maybe as Little Robbie, he'll make everyone, even his Tito Freddie Manzon, finally believe in what the Little Labagalas knew all along. - Reuters

wake up call for tnt. i dont think the gins will win more than 2 games. 4-2 for tnt. the players of the gins are like the spurs, old and moves very slow. what they can do is play rugged and get into the nerves of the tnt players. if not, they will not win another game.

If that is what it takes for Ginebra to win then so be it, play rugged and get into tnt (and even mvp's) nerves.

a good article from mico halili

The Final Score: What is Ginebra's Little Robbie Labagala doing in the PBA Finals?

By Mico Halili

His name thundered out of the loudspeakers, "Rob Labagala!" He was the first player introduced during the traditional call-outs before Game 1. He was out there as a player for the league's most popular team, in the championship series of the PBA. The doubters were still stunned. Si Robert? Yung maliit? Yung anak ni Ed? How absurd.

Back-track to March 1984. Ed, who stood no taller than 5-foot-4, and his wife, who was five months pregnant, walked around Ed's office and bumped into officemate and good friend Freddie Manzon. "Pare kung lalake lang ito, sigurado player na ito," Ed, referring to his future baby boy, proudly told Freddie. Freddie humorously fired back, "Ang yabang mo ah." When people start belittling your chances before you're even born, disbelief is normal.

"Kasi naniwala ako," Ed passionately shared to me, like he's giving a testimonial in church. "I'm very positive. Ginawa namin naman ano dapat gawin. Kasi sabi nga nila, kung hihintayin mo lang mahulog yung bunga sa puno, walang mangyayari. Aakyatin mo yun."

Back where it started, in Barangay Tanke in Talisay, Cebu, father and son held on to shared dreams while people around them held on to strong doubts. The verdict on Rob; at a very lean 5-foot-7, masyado kasi maliit, hindi mukhang basketball player, huwag nang umasa. Rob wasn't even recruited to play for his own barangay. But Ed had complete faith in his son. Rob had complete faith in his game.

Rob was the non-star in star-studded UE teams during the James Yap and Bonbon Custodio eras. He was the small player given minimal chance to make it big. He marched on, played for what felt like 200 teams in every league he could join, waited for the chance no one was supposed to give. Ginebra, of all teams, gave him a shot. Jay-Jay Helterbrand stepped aside. Rob stepped in. Fans howled in wonder, "Who is this 26-year-old rookie???!" But the Hobbit with a jump-shot showed grit. Ed, after all, taught him how to persevere.

Fast-forward to March 2011. Rob played in his first PBA game. Basketball fans back in Talisay were surprised to see Little Robbie's face on television, to watch him score two three-pointers in a Ginebra uniform. "Sabi ng mga kababayan ko sa akin after the game 'Sorry, akala namin kasi hindi makakarating sa PBA si Robert,'" Ed fondly recalls. "Sabi ko sa kanila 'There's nothing impossible as long as you wish, as long as you work very hard.'"

I have a confession. Nobody calls him Little Robbie. I just made it up because it sounds catchier. At this point, however, Ed and Rob will probably let me say Little Robbie all season long. Because as Little Robert, nobody believed he could contribute to Ginebra's victory in Game 2 of the Finals. Maybe as Little Robbie, he'll make everyone, even his Tito Freddie Manzon, finally believe in what the Little Labagalas knew all along. - Reuters

That's showing them critics to shut up and be amazed by what you can do through perseverance.

wake up call for tnt. i dont think the gins will win more than 2 games. 4-2 for tnt. the players of the gins are like the spurs, old and moves very slow. what they can do is play rugged and get into the nerves of the tnt players. if not, they will not win another game.

I do not intend to flame but...

Go post elsewhere. This, if you're lost, is the GINEBRA THREAD. There's a separate TnT thread somewhere out there. <_<

If that is what it takes for Ginebra to win then so be it, play rugged and get into tnt (and even mvp's) nerves.

Playing rugged. That's Ginebra's playing style ever since the Jaworski days. Nothing new. Getting into the nerves of TnT players? They've been doing it since the Asi Taulava days. What else is new? ^_^

Ah... yes.

Talk and Text walking out. Hahahaha.

Game 3 at 6PM later.

Kings - 2

Texters - 1.

P.S:

There wasn't any Talk N Text thread here in the Sports section. That may be why he posted here. :blink:

Edited by Kyoji_Kagami

strong post ah..just hope and pray ginebra loses tonight. or else you might end up ran smacking yourself to a wall :lol:

4-2 ha...hehe