Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Expect this to be a physical series...Brumfield + Mama + Hatfield + De Ocampo vs. Harris + Peek + Carey + Williams

BGK should control the boards for fast break opportunities as well as exploit its advantage by posting up Castro and Alapag (to wear them out). Caguioa, Miller and Tubid should burn those TNT sentinels by roughing them up.

Jong should use the Wilsons + Tubid to defend/rattle Ryan Reyes, Ranidel and Kelly Williams. K-Will is a monster but he is NOT the same K-Will a few years ago

The imports are expected to negate each other...

You're forgetting two very important pieces of the rotation for Uichico: Labagala and Menk. Expect him to use these two in the finals. Labagala on Alapag, and Menk, on either Peek or De Ocampo.

why don't we go for the sweep ;) and will there be another walk-out for reyes and his boys? though i know this will be a tough series...it may even go the distance, but at the end of the day, it'll be the kings on top. it's been quite awhile since the last time the kings went on to win a championship. ilan taon na ba?

Well, a sweep would be a very welcome gift for the Kings. But then again, there's no denying that after Cardona got given away to the Bolts, TnT had it's number one weakness disappear. ^_^ After all, pag napipikon na si Cardona, damay na buong team. hehehe.

Good strategy bro, sana lang 'yan din ang nasa isip nila Jong and the rest of the coaching staff. Got to agree with you, that this is going to be a physical series....

It's gonna be Jong's rotation that will be the key to this series, I believe.

3 years na yata pre! the last they are champ is in '08 Fiesta Conference, defeating Air21 Express in a Game 7. import nun si Alexander, forget the first name!

it's nice to see the Kings in the finals again! Defeat the TNT!!! ^_^

Agreed!!!

Medyo naiintindihan ko na ang rotation ni Uichico.. panget pa rin.. pero at least medyo nakit ko yung rationale nung Game 5. :) haha

Brumfield can't get his points kapag the rest of the team hit it flat from the outside. Yung threat kasi ng jumpshots nila ang nag-oopen ng late for Brumfield..

Still, BGK has a lot of slashers that this should not be that much of an issue. It's just that regardless of how poorly or greatly BGK performs, it's Uichico's rotation that should be fixed.

BGK will be the underdog in this series. TnT is a powerhouse team.

As with the previous series with SG. But the fact of the matter is, being underdogs make the victory all the sweeter...

Im not sure if Menk is 100% going into this series, if he can summon vintage Menk like the way he performed in their Finals series vs Air 21...that would create problems for TNT especially for Peek..

Labagala? yes...he could be the "disruptor" of the TNT offensive sets as well as the energy guy the way Paul Artadi used to do for BGK. IMHO, he is the only guy that can burn rubber to match the speedsters like Alapag and Castro

You're forgetting two very important pieces of the rotation for Uichico: Labagala and Menk. Expect him to use these two in the finals. Labagala on Alapag, and Menk, on either Peek or De Ocampo.

Edited by orionpax

Im not sure if Menk is 100% going into this series, if he can summon vintage Menk like the way he performed in their Finals series vs Air 21...that would create problems for TNT especially for Peek..

Labagala? yes...he could be the "disruptor" of the TNT offensive sets as well as the energy guy the way Paul Artadi used to do for BGK. IMHO, he is the only guy that can burn rubber to match the speedsters like Alapag and Castro

From what I saw in the SG series, Caguioa and Tubid (even Yancy :D) seemed to have turned back the hands of time and performed in their vintage deadlier forms. Expect Miller to take charge like how he did at the beginning of the 4th quarter in Game 4 of the SG series, and expect others to step up. Remember how JC Intal burned TnT the last series they met???

PBA should enforce the padlock policy....Naka-padlock ang playing court para walang walk out

Magkaroon pa kaya ulit si chot reyes ng comparative chart on free throws taken?

On the series being physical....naalala ko nun finals series din vs shell. may mga fans who brought placards that say "No violence in sports!" ha ha ha ha!

PBA should enforce the padlock policy....Naka-padlock ang playing court para walang walk out

Magkaroon pa kaya ulit si chot reyes ng comparative chart on free throws taken?

On the series being physical....naalala ko nun finals series din vs shell. may mga fans who brought placards that say "No violence in sports!" ha ha ha ha!

i like that padlock policy chief...para sigurado matatapos ang laro and fans get to watch what they paid for...lalo na yung mga makakabili sa black market

expect anything and everything from mr. reyes tsk tsk tsk

From what I saw in the SG series, Caguioa and Tubid (even Yancy :D) seemed to have turned back the hands of time and performed in their vintage deadlier forms. Expect Miller to take charge like how he did at the beginning of the 4th quarter in Game 4 of the SG series, and expect others to step up. Remember how JC Intal burned TnT the last series they met???

Oo nga si JC Intal. He is a talented player used sparingly in the last series. I hope he will be given the breaks in the Finals. Also si Erik Menk din, he is known to play better in the Finals.

Guest inverbrass

i predict a very physical series

I second the motion. There definitely is bad blood between these two teams but historically, Ginebra has had the better of of TNT when they get pitted against each other in a playoff series.

^ This has been one of the worst officiated game I've ever seen. kakadismaya.

i agree!

i mean, speaking for both teams, there are clear contacts that were not called.. i guess if that kind officiating continues until the succeeding games, i expect melees will ensue.

on to the game, i just thought TNT defended very well! i hope guys like brumfield, caguioa, tubid and cortez should get their games going on game 2.

Tambak ang Ginebra going into the 4th quarter. Napikon sa walang tawag ang ref si Spark, pinatid si Jason Castro. Akala ko magkakagulo na kanina. Puro na lang angal si Bading Chot.

di ka na nasanay chief...kung nananalo yan, nakangiti...ngiting aso pa nga. pero pag natatalo, puro angal at titingin pa kay pangilinan...para bang humihingi ng permiso na mag-walkout :lol: :lol: :lol:

i expect ginebra to come back strong with all guns blazing in game 2. this series is going to be a war.