Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Ngapala, ano masasabi nyo sa possible return ni menk sa gins? Tingin ko roster slot lang problem... yung na free up na slot sa taha trade, para ke ferrer yun... yung slot ni slaughter habang nag recover baka ke jamito or de guzman yun...

It would be nostalgic having mark, jj and eric together again for a final season and run (maybe a grandslam chase)...

I am also very interested how tim would develop jericho.. i remember feihl and y taha developing their skills under him

Ngapala, ano masasabi nyo sa possible return ni menk sa gins? Tingin ko roster slot lang problem... yung na free up na slot sa taha trade, para ke ferrer yun... yung slot ni slaughter habang nag recover baka ke jamito or de guzman yun...

It would be nostalgic having mark, jj and eric together again for a final season and run (maybe a grandslam chase)...

I am also very interested how tim would develop jericho.. i remember feihl and y taha developing their skills under him

medyo ayoko nung menk kc fast pace triangle ang ginagawa ni CTC..dapat yung mga bigs nya mabilis tumakbo at nakakasabay sa fastbreak kaya kung napansin nyo tong Gov's Cup lagi palitan yung cruz at marcelo tapos japhet at devance kc tumatakbo yung mga Bigs nila at CTC ensure na may Gastank ang bigmen.. kaya nga they get Jamito and ferrer kc both have speeds..

actually yung jamito parang pambangga nila kay abueva/sean anthony/santos/ponfeda type of players.

ano masasabi nyo sa balita na gusto ni ping maglaro under ctc? although maganda ito pero ayokong isipin ng stariray na hingebra na naman tayo.

excited din ako sa ALL FILIPINO CUP kaysa sa import laden conferences..

can't wait na talaga..

• Like (+1) 2

Parang nwla nawla na lakas ni menk?pero dpensa cguro pde pa.

I think it is confidence... mababa kasi di sya ginagamit palagi and of course, his age na rin... pero sana kahit bench warmer kunin sya ng gins... for 1 last year...

Pangulit lang :

How do you think Trump's presidency would affect Ginebra's chances for a grand slam? Hahahahaha

I think it is confidence... mababa kasi di sya ginagamit palagi and of course, his age na rin... pero sana kahit bench warmer kunin sya ng gins... for 1 last year...

Pangulit lang :

How do you think Trump's presidency would affect Ginebra's chances for a grand slam? Hahahahaha

Hhahaha ayos sa tanong.....

Well pde din.. backup wide body.. im sure marami sya maturo sa 3 PF natin

• Like (+1) 1

Ginebra bolsters championship-winning core with Ferrer, Taha, Jamito, De Guzman

There were few surprises when Ginebra submitted its 15-man lineup to the PBA Commissioner's Office on Friday. Karlo Sacamos
BARANGAY Ginebra is out to pick up from where it left off last season.

The Kings will be looking for a fitting follow-up to their successful PBA Governors Cup title run by setting their sight on winning their first Philippine Cup crown since the 2006-07 season.

And the franchise is looking to do that behind an almost-intact core that has gotten younger and more athletic with the addition of two rookies and a versatile wingman acquired through an offseason trade.

As gathered by SPIN.ph, back for another tour of duty with the league’s most popular ballclub are LA Tenorio, Scottie Thompson, Sol Mercado, Mark Caguioa, Jayjay Helterbrand, Chris Ellis, Japeth Aguilar, Jervy Cruz, Joe Devance Dave Marcelo, and Aljhon Mariano, all of which were part of the Kings team that beat Meralco in six games for the season-ending conference title.

Added to the lineup is Gilas cadet pick Kevin Ferrer, draft picks Jammer Jamito and Jericho De Guzman, along with new acquisition Paolo Taha, who came on board following the trade with Mahindra for Frank Bonifacio and Denice Villamor.

[see Cone compares Jamito to Espinas, but Ginebra rookie idolizes Pingris]

All of them make up the initial 15-man lineup submitted by the Kings to the league office. But per league ruling, teams can still alter their official roster 24 hours before their game,

Greg Slaughter, still recovering from an ACL injury, has been put on the injury-reserved list, while Nico Salva will likely join him on the list pending a contract offer from the Kings.

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/no-surpr-cuts-as-ginebra-completes-15-man-roster-tea#ovJAY78aS7YaGitP.99

• Like (+1) 1

Ginebra loss to Blackwater proof 'we're a long way from where we want to be,' says Cone

“I wasn’t impressed by our play against Blackwater,” says Ginebra coach Tim Cone after the loss to Blackwater in Batangas. Jaime Campos
COULD it be a case of championship hangover for Ginebra?

Whatever it is, Tim Cone is obviously not happy with the way the reigning PBA Governors Cup champion played in a 103-100 loss to Blackwater in a tune-up game in Batangas on Sunday.

Cone made known how he felt following the game, the Kings first outing since winning the season-ending championship almost a month ago against Meralco.

“I wasn’t impressed by our play against Blackwater,” said Cone in a text message. “We’re a long way from where we need to be.”

The setback came just a week before the season-opening Philippine Cup comes off the wraps at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.

Sophomore big man Art dela Cruz led the revamped Elite side with 18 points, new acquisition James Forrester torched his former team for 16, while highly-touted rookie Mac Belo added 15 in a balanced scoring for the team.

Japeth Aguilar and Sol Mercado finished with 14 and 12 points, respectively, to show the way for the Kings, who managed to come back from as much as a 10-point deficit only to fall short in the end.

Having just resumed practice last Friday following a three-week rest, Cone said he’s still giving the Kings a leeway following the loss.

“I’ll give our guys a pass at this point because we’ve only had a couple of days of practice,” he stressed.

But at the same time, the multi-titled coach noted the need for the league’s most popular ballclub to speed up the process if it is to seriously contend for the all-Filipino title.

“We only have a short time to get there. We’ll definitely need to step it up,” said Cone.

The scores:

Blackwater 103 - Dela Cruz 16, Forrester 16, Belo 15, Pascual 12, Miranda 10, Buenafe 8, Aguilar 7, Pinto 5, Gamalinda 5, Banal 5, Sena 2, Melano 2, Sumang 0.

Ginebra 100 - Aguilar 14, Mercado 12, Salva 11, Taha 10, Devance 10, Thompson 8, Mariano 8, Cruz 8, Jamito 6, Ellis 5, Helterbrand 5, Tenorio 2, Ferrer 1, Marcelo 0, De Guzman 0.

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/tim-cone-obviously-not-happy-with-ginebras-play-in-upset-loss-to-blackwater-in-tune-up-game-#VHRSfEQBhS2JfCpg.99

Ginebra loss to Blackwater proof 'we're a long way from where we want to be,' says Cone

“I wasn’t impressed by our play against Blackwater,” says Ginebra coach Tim Cone after the loss to Blackwater in Batangas. Jaime Campos

COULD it be a case of championship hangover for Ginebra?

Whatever it is, Tim Cone is obviously not happy with the way the reigning PBA Governors Cup champion played in a 103-100 loss to Blackwater in a tune-up game in Batangas on Sunday.

Cone made known how he felt following the game, the Kings first outing since winning the season-ending championship almost a month ago against Meralco.

“I wasn’t impressed by our play against Blackwater,” said Cone in a text message. “We’re a long way from where we need to be.”

The setback came just a week before the season-opening Philippine Cup comes off the wraps at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.

Sophomore big man Art dela Cruz led the revamped Elite side with 18 points, new acquisition James Forrester torched his former team for 16, while highly-touted rookie Mac Belo added 15 in a balanced scoring for the team.

Japeth Aguilar and Sol Mercado finished with 14 and 12 points, respectively, to show the way for the Kings, who managed to come back from as much as a 10-point deficit only to fall short in the end.

Having just resumed practice last Friday following a three-week rest, Cone said he’s still giving the Kings a leeway following the loss.

“I’ll give our guys a pass at this point because we’ve only had a couple of days of practice,” he stressed.

But at the same time, the multi-titled coach noted the need for the league’s most popular ballclub to speed up the process if it is to seriously contend for the all-Filipino title.

“We only have a short time to get there. We’ll definitely need to step it up,” said Cone.

The scores:

Blackwater 103 - Dela Cruz 16, Forrester 16, Belo 15, Pascual 12, Miranda 10, Buenafe 8, Aguilar 7, Pinto 5, Gamalinda 5, Banal 5, Sena 2, Melano 2, Sumang 0.

Ginebra 100 - Aguilar 14, Mercado 12, Salva 11, Taha 10, Devance 10, Thompson 8, Mariano 8, Cruz 8, Jamito 6, Ellis 5, Helterbrand 5, Tenorio 2, Ferrer 1, Marcelo 0, De Guzman 0.

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/tim-cone-obviously-not-happy-with-ginebras-play-in-upset-loss-to-blackwater-in-tune-up-game-#VHRSfEQBhS2JfCpg.99

hindi pa pala na te trade si salva sa meralco?? anyare??

oo nga ang tagal tagal na ni Ellis sa Ginebra wala pa rin pagbabago inconsistent pa din.

Naunahan pang mag boom ni scottie

may pag asa pa kaya to??

with aljon mariano playing a good defense way better than Ellis plus acquisition of KFerrer..

I think next conference wala na ito sa brgy.. solid n kc yung SF at PF position..

and choosing between Devance, Ferrer, Mariano I think inferior si Ellis

Sana nga next conference wala na siya sa brgy, ang baba ng bball iq niya tsaka wala kasi talaga shooting nagiging liability sa offense. Iniiwan lang siya daring him to shoot.

Wala na siguro siya chance mag improve bro ang dami ng binigay na pagkakataon diyan, lagi pa nga yan first five yan dati pero wala talaga.

Edited by L-burna