Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

sa tingin ko ang kulang sa team is outside shooting talaga, kita naman sa laro nung naghahabol tayo puro 2 points pero ang ROS ang binabanat sa aten is 3 points wala tayo pangtapan sa tres walang gusto tumira ng tres....

bigla ko tuloy naalala yung mga dating shooters ng Ginebra like si sunday salvacion, mark macapagal at si mac baracael. kapag pinakawalan mo yun sigurado sunod sunod ang tres nila...

madami naman pwede mag shoot ng tres sa line up ng team natin ngayon like si Tenorio, MC47, JDV, Aguilar, Ellis, Mercado, at Thompson, remember nung laban nila against Star Hotshots last Dec 25, 2015. puro tres lang ang pinang habol nila at shoot nila during OT period. ang problema lang, madalas hindi sila consistent at very low percentage sila pagdating sa tres.

We really need a reliable shooter like a caliber of Terrence Romeo, Carlo Lastimosa, Jeff chan, James Yap, at Marcio Lassiter.

Kahit sa mga international competition, shooters lagi ang nagpapanalo ng laban at hindi puro laki, classic example na lang ang Golden State Warrior.

Jeffers, Ginebra upbeat despite quarterfinals exit

For Othyus Jeffers, it was a case of wrong timing which proved to be Ginebra’s undoing.
“We made strides. We just broke down at the wrong time,” he said, after the Gin Kings got swept in their quarterfinals series against Rain or Shine with a 102-89 defeat on Tuesday.
Still, the outspoken reinforcement was satisfied with the way Ginebra made a run this conference. Unfortunately, the Elasto Painters were the perfect foil as the Gin Kings crumbled in the playoffs.
“We grew a lot from the first game to the last. But Rain or Shine came with a great game plan to irritate the triangle offense,” he said. “Again, [the system] is still new to us and we’re still learning. [Yeng Guiao] has had a couple of conferences to defend it. His past teams are very educated with the triangle, so Rain or Shine had a great game plan and we came out flat.”
Moreover, Jeffers gave props to that stingy Elasto Painters’ defense which, he said, affected greatly the way Ginebra executed in their two meetings.
“That’s Rain or Shine. They just don’t guard me like that, they guard everybody like that. It’s their team, I had to adjust to what they are doing, but at the same time, I’m in a triangle offense. It’s a lot of things going in my head,” he said.
With a little more conditioning, Jeffers is optimistic Ginebra can soon figure out the nuances of coach Tim Cone’s system
“The more we get to work, we have time off but we got a little bit more time to come back if it works out, the more we can work on the things that we could work on.”
“I wasn’t too much worried about them. I was more worried on getting my teammates involved. In my head, I think I can score against anybody, but I had to deal with my teammates’ confidence and things like that,” he continued. “We’re still learning each other, but the sky is the limit.”
The enigmatic import is set to return for the Governors’ Cup on July, but though he sees the continued chemistry working in Ginebra’s favor, he still acknowledges that it’s still going to be anybody’s ballgame.
“It’s an advantage for Ginebra because we didn’t have to deal with working with another person and start all over again. On the overall PBA side, it’s basketball. Teams will make adjustments. Teams are going to bring in imports,” he said.
And his goal for the third conference remains the same: bring respectability back to Ginebra.
“It’s just getting Ginebra to the point that they’re contenders every conference like Rain or Shine and you can learn that with consistency, team camaraderie, and staying together at the same page,” Jeffers said. “Ginebra will be back.”

• Like (+1) 1

baka maparetire si Coach Tim dahil sa ginebra. :(

Mukhang masisira nga si CTC sa Ginebra, sa star after nila ma-upset ng poweaide noon bumawi the next conference at naka grand slam pa, tingin ko me problema talaga sa attitude ng ilang players

Si Greg magaling ang kamay. Ang problema defense niya. Kadalasan nakatunganga lang. Seven footer that cannot even block shots. Madalas siyang nanonood lang ng mga kalaban na dumadaan sa harapan niya

Kulang sa footwork si Greg, tignan n'yo si Fajardo, ang daming galaw na maganda, 'di laging slam dunk, minsan nga lagay na lang sa ring o kaya tip-ini lang, not much fancy stuffs pero effective

agree ako palit na lang ng import. Dapat kunin na lang ng team yung mas kelangan nila. Mas kelangan ng shooter. Kagaya ng ROS, ndi naman kagalingan yung import nila pero he provides post presence na kelangan ng ROS. Ayun nananalo sila.

Kaso pinapirma na yaya nila hanggang 3rd conference si Jeffers, ok ang attitude kaso walang masyadong galaw offensively at esp. shooting

dapat makapagtrain si slaughter sa magaling na big man coach. or kung hindi sya magiging mamaw sa ilalim dapat maging consistent man lang yung tira nya sa mid range. same din kay aguilar. pero ok naman yung mga high low plays nila eh. sanayan pa siguro.

They should get someone like Jun Limpot or Danny I. to train Greg

Caguioa and Helterbrand are among the leagues greatest players. But that was 5-7 yrs ago. Ginebra must move on without them if they really wanna compete. No disrespect to both of them.

Lumipas na ang time nila, kaso pinapirma pa ng 3-year contract si Jay-Jay

You are saying that because Ginebra aint winning. But check his stats and u wud onow Greg is better that Feihl and Marlou Aquino combined. He is a hardworker. Talaga lang alat ang team natin and its not solely his fault

In fairness ke Greg, he's a lot better than Ej Feihl in every aspect of the game, si Feihl puro laki lang talaga

Tim Cone apologizes to Brgy. Ginebra fans for another early exit

“We didn’t live up to the NSD (never-say-die) legacy. I still feel in the near future that we’ll make them proud. But until then, we need to keep proving that we deserve the Ginebra fans’ support,” he said. – FOX Sports Asia

http://hoops.ph/tim-cone-apologizes-to-bgsm-fans-for-another-early-exit/

Edited by daphne loves derby

13063085_1720251031593868_83841188083122Y

You and the team should really prove and pay us quality games. We always will die for the team kaso napapahiya na kami. Why did you sign JayJay to another three year deal? Play your bench players more like Yeng does. How can they develop and give respite to the regulars if you will always bench them?

You and the team should really prove and pay us quality games. We always will die for the team kaso napapahiya na kami. Why did you sign JayJay to another three year deal? Play your bench players more like Yeng does. How can they develop and give respite to the regulars if you will always bench them?

it's disappointing to see the talent of scottie being wasted on the bench. this kid was a triple double machine during his college days. while it will not be a guarantee for scottie to duplicate what he showed in college, i still feel dapat ito ang binibigyan ng playing time para tumaas ang kumpiyansa.

ellis? sa totoo lang ang maganda lang dito is his athleticism...good in open court basketball. but during big games he becomes hesistant/indecisive. madalas magkalat. ellis & mariano for aldrech ramos? pwede ba ito mga ka-barangay?

• Like (+1) 1

I will blame CTC for getting and stick to a small 6'2 average skilled import instead of getting a prolific import with a maximum height of 6'9. Its either wrong moved or wrong strategy.

For this playoffs, he has been outcoached by yeng guiao.

If CTC continues to get the service of OJ this coming 3rd conference? Expect a grandslam again for ginebra.

Grandslam in boracay!

Edited by dinibdib

the alaska and purefoods teams handled by coach tim before had reliable and consistent shooters. jdv na inaasahan ni coach tim, biglang nawala yung outside shooting. siguro kung kalakasan pa ni caguioa at di pinakawalan sina intal, canaleta at yeo malamang mas maganda ang itinakbo ng triangle ng ginebra.

Urband legend na lang ata ang never say die........ginebra fan ever since pero lagi na lang nag cocollapse. Di kasalanan ni ctc.Ctc is just dealing with the cards that he have. Ipamigay na si ellis. 1 is to 10 eh. 1 game na magaling yung 10 eh kamote na. Consistent dapat.

I watched with sad eyes the way Star Hotshots played two games against San Miguel. Reminiscing on those past Ginebra true-blooded-never-say-die spirit. Maski ganun ang line up ng Stars and without their top player James Yap, the team played tooth and nail with the great San Miguel squad. Nilabanan nila ng sabayan up to the last minute of play. Unlike Barangay ngayon na parang gusto nang matapos ang season at magpahinga.

I watched with sad eyes the way Star Hotshots played two games against San Miguel. Reminiscing on those past Ginebra true-blooded-never-say-die spirit. Maski ganun ang line up ng Stars and without their top player James Yap, the team played tooth and nail with the great San Miguel squad. Nilabanan nila ng sabayan up to the last minute of play. Unlike Barangay ngayon na parang gusto nang matapos ang season at magpahinga.

star hotshots battled tooth and nail against the 1st seed with a rookie coach.

• Like (+1) 1

nakailang palit na ng coach ang ginebra. still the same attitude ng mga players. Ngayon na nakakuha ng magaling na coach, ganun pa din ugali ng mga players natin. Nasa players na talaga ang problema. Buti pa si taulava, nasa kwarenta na nakikipagbanggaan pa rin sa loob. Revamp na ang kailangan.

• Like (+1) 2

dati ang second unit ng BGK nkikipag patayan sa loob ng court. ngayon takot na takot

need to release 3-4 players currently on the roster...

nkakadismaya na lng palagi!

Kaso kakarelease ng mga players...ibang teams naman ang nakikinabang...gumagaling sila pag sa iba napupunta....

Pero agree ako dun kay ellis....need to let this kid go na...gifted kaso ala ng mapipiga talaga....si japhet may tangkad pa kaya pinagtyatyagaan pa...kilala nyo yun smaller version ni japhet? Kaso with more heart?.....tgnan nyo sa TnT si troy rosario....

hays..... nanghinayang ako kay mamaril at reyes.... pati kay yeo....

Si mercado, marcelo LA nakikipagbasagan namn ng muka kaso kulang ng katulong...

Either bigyan ng oras magbloom ung rookie or itrade na..Samang itrade si Ellis

JJ and Mark, maraming salamat... its about time..

Sabi nga ng mga bro... hanap ng 2 shooters.. at 2 backup na malalaki (na di pakyut at di takot magulpi)....