Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Nice game...good strategy of frustrating the big import. Pang playoff mode na ang ginebra.

So RoS and ginebra 7-4 na ang record. Kung manalo ang TnT over smb, magiging 7-4 din sila. And if alaska wins over nlex magiging 7-4 din ang alaska. Lima na silang 7-4. May pag-asa ba na makuha ng ginebra yung 2nd seed?

The scores:

GINEBRA 103 - Slaughter 21, Tenorio 20, Caguioa 16, Aguilar 14, Jeffers 11, Ellis 10, Marcelo 4, Thompson 3, Mercado 2, Devance 2, Helterbrand 0, Cruz 0.

MERALCO 90 - Newsome 23, Dillinger 17, Hodge 13, Hugnatan 11, Onuaku 10, Caram 5, FAundo 4, Buenafe Ro 3, Amer 2, Ferriols 2, Alapag 0, Bono 0, Buenafe Ry 0.

Quarters: 27-14, 51-39, 80-66, 103-90

------

All 5 starters in double digits. Ellis another steady showing.

Mark Caguioa now tied with Arnie Tuadles at #18 All Time in Scoring. Needs 24 points to hit rank 17.

Nice game...good strategy of frustrating the big import. Pang playoff mode na ang ginebra.

So RoS and ginebra 7-4 na ang record. Kung manalo ang TnT over smb, magiging 7-4 din sila. And if alaska wins over nlex magiging 7-4 din ang alaska. Lima na silang 7-4. May pag-asa ba na makuha ng ginebra yung 2nd seed?

Alaska must lost the next game vs NLEX and TNT must win vs SMB para TNT ang kalaban natin sa playoff for the 2nd spot.

If TnT beats SMB and NLEX defeats Alaska, then the Gins will take the 2nd spot.

Alaska must lost the next game vs NLEX and TNT must win vs SMB para TNT ang kalaban natin sa playoff for the 2nd spot.

thanks chiefs. at least nagawa ng ginebra yung dapat nilang gawin. now we'll have to await the results of the other games.

tingin ko nga nasa playoff mode na ang ginebra. smb then meralco (top 2 teams) ang sunod-sunod nilang tinalo.

thanks chiefs. at least nagawa ng ginebra yung dapat nilang gawin. now we'll have to await the results of the other games.

tingin ko nga nasa playoff mode na ang ginebra. smb then meralco (top 2 teams) ang sunod-sunod nilang tinalo.

Nakausap namin kagabi yung statistician ng BGSM, the lowest rank we'll end up is #4. In that scenario, we'll go against SMB sa best of three. (if Alaska wins and SMB loses their respective games).

Rank 2, and we get NLEX or Alaska, meron tayong twice to beat. (If both SMB and Alaska drop their matches)

Rank 3, we get ROS. (If Alaska loses and SMB wins).

Edited by Kyoji_Kagami

Nice Win! OJ scoring ONLY 11pts and the team winning with a big margin is something.

That was one of the best defensive wins lately.

on the other hand, nakuha pang magyabang nung bakulaw :lol:

Import Onuaku says Ginebra defense 'didn't have much to do' with sub-par showing

ARINZE Onuaku refused to credit Ginebra’s defense for his sub-par showing in Meralco’s 103-90 loss to the Gin Kings in the PBA Commissioner’s Cup on Wednesday night.

Onuaku, arguably the most dominant import this conference, was held to a conference lows of 10 points on just eight attempts as he saw numerous double- and triple teams come his way.

“It didn’t really have much to do with (Ginebra’s defense),” Onuaku insisted. “We just didn’t have the energy we usually have and we didn’t execute the way we execute.”

“Everybody’s going to double- or triple-team me, we know that,” the 6-foot-9 American big man added. “But the thing is, I got to stay aggressive and my teammates stay aggressive. That’s nothing new (multiple teams).”

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/arinze-onuaku-refused-to-credit-ginebra-defense-for-sub-par-offensive-showing#IfKYTbL94Su6MziW.99

Edited by daphne loves derby

Nice Win! OJ scoring ONLY 11pts and the team winning with a big margin is something.

Import Onuaku says Ginebra defense 'didn't have much to do' with sub-par showing

ARINZE Onuaku refused to credit Ginebra’s defense for his sub-par showing in Meralco’s 103-90 loss to the Gin Kings in the PBA Commissioner’s Cup on Wednesday night.

Onuaku, arguably the most dominant import this conference, was held to a conference lows of 10 points on just eight attempts as he saw numerous double- and triple teams come his way.

“It didn’t really have much to do with (Ginebra’s defense),” Onuaku insisted. “We just didn’t have the energy we usually have and we didn’t execute the way we execute.”

“Everybody’s going to double- or triple-team me, we know that,” the 6-foot-9 American big man added. “But the thing is, I got to stay aggressive and my teammates stay aggressive. That’s nothing new (multiple teams).”

Read more at http://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/news/arinze-onuaku-refused-to-credit-ginebra-defense-for-sub-par-offensive-showing#IfKYTbL94Su6MziW.99

may tulog ang meralco kapag Star Hotshots ang makakalaban nila sa playoffs... partida pa at wala si james yap.

anyway nice game by Ginebra last night, kahit off night si Mercado and JDV... though its no bearing game for meralco so we expect them not to play their A games.

Coach Tim and his coaching staff have been always preparing how to defend the opposing teams' imports. Look at what they did with explosive imports of SMB and now Meralco's Onuako.

Pagbalik ni Greg sa Olympic Qualifying Tournament, lalu siyang mahahasa on depending big imports

​sabi nga nung coach naming dati, at the end of the day, kahit among sabinin mo, pag talo, talo... dahil kung talagang magaling ka, dapat nanalo kayo hehehehe

too early to say na nag sour-graping sya, pero i would like to see him play when the stakes are higher... he has not faced a frontline as big as the gins...

Edited by *kalel*

ARINZE Onuaku refused to credit Ginebras defense for his sub-par showing in Meralcos 103-90 loss to the Gin Kings in the PBA Commissioners Cup on Wednesday night.

It didnt really have much to do with (Ginebras defense), Onuaku insisted. We just didnt have the energy we usually have and we didnt execute the way we execute.

Everybodys going to double- or triple-team me, we know that, the 6-foot-9 American big man added. But the thing is, I got to stay aggressive and my teammates stay aggressive. Thats nothing new (multiple teams).

alam naman pala niyang mado-double o triple team siya...pero wala siyang ginawa. clearly a case of sour graping. you could see frustration written all over his face last night. nice game plan by coach tim. let's hope we get the no. 2 position.

alam naman pala niyang mado-double o triple team siya...pero wala siyang ginawa. clearly a case of sour graping. you could see frustration written all over his face last night. nice game plan by coach tim. let's hope we get the no. 2 position.

Sour graping lang yung import hahaha. Parang si Pacman nuong interview after his fight with Mayweather, takbo raw ng takbo. Tinanong siya ng interviewer, 'why did you not adjust"? Walang maisagot. Onuaku was spied well by TC

Edited by photographer