• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

Para kasing hindi ma grip ni ellis yung systema pa... and i believe kailangan nyang i develop passing skills nya na kailangan sa systema ni cone... wala pa syang masyado confidence o di pa bumabalik... being a fastbreak guy, mahirapan sya mag adjust sa half court ... sana the gins will allow him to strut his skills sa fastbreaks more often

Para kasing hindi ma grip ni ellis yung systema pa... and i believe kailangan nyang i develop passing skills nya na kailangan sa systema ni cone... wala pa syang masyado confidence o di pa bumabalik... being a fastbreak guy, mahirapan sya mag adjust sa half court ... sana the gins will allow him to strut his skills sa fastbreaks more often

I agree...panfastbreak or pansalaksak yun laro nya...pangit shooting form...bonus nlang talaga pag pumasok mga tres nya...tsaka may depensa yun bata...binigyan din ni CTC sina aljon and salva ng playing time..parang ok tikas nun aljon...

Pero totoo ba yun proposed trade na ellis for anthony? Ok yan ah...mas ok si anthony sa sistema ni tim...

chief baka nasermonan ni coach tim :) honestly ellis does not have to be spectacular...all he has to do is to be consistent.

on another note, importante din talaga pag pumapasok ang 3s. sol and ellis had a couple of 3s, scottie and LA i think had one each. bumubuka yung ilalim. as for othyus, consistent pa din ang laro at masipag.

natuwa naman ako at pinagbigyan ni coach tim yung mga sigaw ng fans na makitang magkasama sa court yung fast and furious.

napangiti na lang ako nung nakita ko tong scene na to kagabi. sobrang nostalgic lang.

in other news pala, as of now, #2 na ang Ginebra sa next draft picking. Sana eh magpadraft si RayRay para sa atin ang punta ni Kiefer.

Lastly... Helterbrand signed a contract extension. 3 years. At may iniinda palang injury ito sa balikat, explaining the almost zero playing time.

napangiti na lang ako nung nakita ko tong scene na to kagabi. sobrang nostalgic lang.

in other news pala, as of now, #2 na ang Ginebra sa next draft picking. Sana eh magpadraft si RayRay para sa atin ang punta ni Kiefer.

Lastly... Helterbrand signed a contract extension. 3 years. At may iniinda palang injury ito sa balikat, explaining the almost zero playing time.

Sure na yun #2 draft pick? Kahit phoenix is still performing well ngayon?...

Daming good tall guards sa next draft...tapos may mga big men too....

seriously??? hindi na nga dapat i extend, 3 years pa binigay?? as if sobrang productive pa niya mas lalo na for the coming 3 years. :huh:

ibang klase talaga tong si Chua. tsk tsk.

mas ok sana kung magiging part na lang ng coaching staff si JJ

Tim Cone thinks Jayjay Helterbrand can play beyond 40

Jayjay Helterbrand is turning 40 this October, but Barangay Ginebra coach Tim Cone is convinced that the veteran Kings guard can still compete at a high level for another 2 years.

Helterbrand though has been buried deep in the bench, having to play behind starting playmaker LA Tenorio and rookie Scottie Thompson.

The other half of Ginebra’s once famed “Fast and Furious” backcourt has only played 5 games in the ongoing Oppo-PBA Commissioner’s Cup, averaging 0.4 point, 0.4 rebound and 0.6 assist in just 6.6 minutes.

But the American coach felt the six-foot playmaker is a much better shooter this season compared to his early years with the league’s most popular team.

“He’s quick, he’s even become a better shooter now than early in his career. He may not be as quick as going to the basket, but he‘s smart, plays the game at a high IQ level so cud he play another year or 2,” Cone told FOX Sports.

“I think he could even play through his 40s, which is unusual for guards because he’s done a great job taking care of his body,” he added.

The one-time PBA MVP’s contract is set to expire at the end of the season and Cone is uncertain if Ginebra’s long-time point guard is willing to return next year.

But should Helterbrand elect to return, the league’s multi-titled coach believes he’ll still be able to contribute.

“That’s (retirement or returning next season) gonna be up to him (Helterbrand). But his body is good and he’s still healthy and he’s quick,” Cone pointed out.

The 58-year-old Cone said he respects Helterbrand for his commitment to the game, being 1 of the 1st players to arrive in practice, working out and taking good care of his body.

“Even if he’s not getting a lot of minutes, he’s working out, taking care of his body. i think Jay’s very capable of extending his career but it’s really up to him, on how much time he wants to devote” he said.

“But that’s really the key for older players, if they can take care of their bodies, then, they can extend their careers. But if they get lazy and be the same way they were in their 20s, it ain’t gonna work for them.”

Helterbrand and pal Mark Caguioa are the only remaining holdovers from the Ginebra squad that won the franchise’s last PBA championship during the 2008 Fiesta Conference.

The 39-year-old Ginebra guard was a 2-time Mythical 1st Team member, 2-time Best Player and Finals MVP during the 2007 Philippine Cup. - By Richard Dy