• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Cruise Line

We had a booking last October for RCL Harmony of the Seas but we had to cancel duec to covid19.

That's so sad.. Same for me, working under Royal Caribbean... Celebrity cruises, did not finished contract because of covid.. Hope we return in service this 2021. We missed giving excellent service to our guests, especially Filipinos

That's so sad.. Same for me, working under Royal Caribbean... Celebrity cruises, did not finished contract because of covid.. Hope we return in service this 2021. We missed giving excellent service to our guests, especially Filipinos

Yes, there are lots of pinoys working on cruise ships. I enjoy talking to them in Tagalog.

Here’s a funny story. One time, we were on a Royal Carribean ship and I became friends with a pinoy bartender. When I asked him what someone else is drinking because it looked good, he made me one and he said it’s on the house. From that day on, all my drinks were free. A few days later, I felt guilty about not paying so I told him that I should start paying because he might get caught and lose his job. While I was telling him this, there was also a pinay beside us whom he was talking to. He then said to me, paano tayo mahuhuli e kaibigan natin lahat nang nasa security. He then introduced me to the pinay and told me that she was with security. By the way, he told me later that the reason he treated me well is because I was friendly to him. He said most Filipinos he ran into were mayayabang at mata pobre.

Yes, there are lots of pinoys working on cruise ships. I enjoy talking to them in Tagalog.

Heres a funny story. One time, we were on a Royal Carribean ship and I became friends with a pinoy bartender. When I asked him what someone else is drinking because it looked good, he made me one and he said its on the house. From that day on, all my drinks were free. A few days later, I felt guilty about not paying so I told him that I should start paying because he might get caught and lose his job. While I was telling him this, there was also a pinay beside us whom he was talking to. He then said to me, paano tayo mahuhuli e kaibigan natin lahat nang nasa security. He then introduced me to the pinay and told me that she was with security. By the way, he told me later that the reason he treated me well is because I was friendly to him. He said most Filipinos he ran into were mayayabang at mata pobre.

That's true, too much Filipino I've encountered are so Mayabang, but some are very kind and friendly naman.. They think they should always get a special treatment because we're the same nationality, one time I've encountered a kinda old woman, who's in the queue..then suddenly she think that I'm prioritizing first the other guest, which she didn't understand. Then she started talking shits from me, even I explained my side.. She doesn't care, I just apologized and keep quiet, then just do my job.. By the way..I'm a cook in the buffet. Thanks for sharing

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2014 at 12:24 AM, Roman Pearce said:

Royal Caribbean also offers asian cruises. that have ports in HK, Japan, Singapore and China (Mainland).

better pa rin ang carribean and european tours nila. napaka untidy ng ilan foreigners from Singapore (Indians) and main land China. Kinakamay nila ang pagkain pag kumukuha sila habang nagkakamay din pag kumakain.

You board sa Singapore sa Symphony of the Seas.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2024 at 8:17 PM, Bookcake said:

magkano dapat pocket money for a week cruise

pag nasa cruise ka, binayaran mo na yung room and food for the entire stay. kasama doon ang gym, pool, basketball or tennis courts, almost everything. ang hindi kasama doon yung mga tours sa bawat stop ng ship. pwede ka rin na hanggang port lang-ok na rin yun. but if you wish to go other known places-you pay for the tour and food.