Why Some People Hate Valentine's Day

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it's because of unrealistic expectations:

i actually have one valentine's day rule: "kung kayo na, by all means, go out on a date, and have quality time with each other.
pero kung hindi pa kayo, and your still getiing to know each other, then never go out on a valentine's date." it just won't last.
in fact: year in, year out, most of my single FB friends break-up between march to may (M-M) after their valentine's date...

why not? because you haven't developed the foundation yet, to make the relationship last, and forcing this event to create
this bond, will put too much pressure on each other to put their best foot forward (in other words, lie for an extended period
of time), instead of being relaxed, and slowly but surely, getting comfortable being in each other's company, eventually taking
off their masks, being honest with one another, understanding each other, and respecting each other's differences.

so i think people leave valentine's day relationships because they felt trapped, not being themselves anymore, and didn't want
to continue with the facade, no matter how attracted they were to each other. - better to develop the friendship, and allow the
relationship to grow over time, without being pressured, or second guessing each other, because once you know each other so
well already, then gifts and places to go with each other, will come out over long time conversations, and are really appreciated
when followed though, because it creates special memories, and strengthens the bond that you already have with one another.

expectations become realistic (no longer in your head), the relationship becomes true, and more importantly, will last a lifetime.