fMLB Full Count 10

bubuy

master commissioner,

Just a query.

The rule says:

"Sandwich Pick

1. The 13th and 14th place from last season's regular season standings, regardless of league affiliation, get an extra pick sandwiched between Rounds 1 and 2 and between Rounds 2 and 3 in the minor league draft." (Italics supplied.)

Isn't it more fair if we remove the italicized part of the rule, i.e., it should be the bottom teams of each league that should get a sandwich pick?

After all, we are giving the top seeds to the leaders of each league regardless of rankings.

Also, the idea, I suppose, of giving sandwich picks is to give a (supposedly) bad team a better chance in the future, right? But in the present rule, a scenario where the teams getting the sandwich picks can belong to the same league, thus, the balance of power within said league will be drastically changed.

Suggestion lang po for the 2011 season, if ever.

Thanks.

master commissioner,

Just a query.

Isn't it more fair if we remove the italicized part of the rule, i.e., it should be the bottom teams of each league that should get a sandwich pick?

After all, we are giving the top seeds to the leaders of each league regardless of rankings.

Also, the idea, I suppose, of giving sandwich picks is to give a (supposedly) bad team a better chance in the future, right? But in the present rule, a scenario where the teams getting the sandwich picks can belong to the same league, thus, the balance of power within said league will be drastically changed.

Suggestion lang po for the 2011 season, if ever.

Thanks.

the idea of the sandwich picks is to give the lowest ranked teams a chance to improve kaya sya regardless of league affiliation.. i dont think balance will tip over or be drastically felt kasi mahina nga yung teams and minor league players lang naman ang mada-draft (2-3 playing years away, 1 yr at best but how many are able to do that?)

for example sa cactus league ang 14th 13th and 12th, why would we give the 11th ranked team of grapefruit league a chance at sandwich picks? considering that that 11th ranked team might still finish 7th after the playoffs? kaya 14th and 13th, yun yung walang chance mag-improve ng standings after playoffs kasi di sila kasali sa conso rounds..

di bale, pwede naman pag-botohan yan sa off season/new year's meetings/hooters meet.. :goatee:

^^ Aah, ok, sige.

Nagtatanong lang naman.

Di na ako aapela kasi sinabi mo na ang magic word e.

Woot! :thumbsupsmiley:

also if you notice, ang meaty talaga na draft ay ang R5.. kaya sa draft na yun, worst records from each league.. :goatee:

yung sa beginning of the year, mga latak lang yun from the previous year's june draft at iilang/fewYU IFAs.. :rolleyes:

papa-hooters daw si doc pag natrade na si brady! :boo: