fMLB Full Count 10

bubuy

But that K rate will still put me maybe in the 2nd or 3rd place, right?

not exactly, 20 Ks behind for about 200 IP, you then have to extrapolate that over 1250 IP.. that's about 120-140Ks behind the projected 12 points.. not factoring in the top 2 and 3 in that stat at the moment, not sure if that rate would bring you 11 or even 10 pts.. :unsure:

ewan ko, la din ako alam sa roto eh.. :unsure:

We actually had fun making a 1B platoon with Swishie & Votto, but I truly believe that Votto's the future one-bagger for this franchise, like Dusty told Scott Hatteberg from Cincy. Although his power still isn't there, we do appreciate his accumulation of runs at his unlikely leadoff spot for the White Sox. Due to this acquisition, Votto will be our everyday 1B, and V-Mart (surprise!) will be the back-up. Thus, our acquisition of the back-up catcher. Kewl!! :D

Well, it's the same thing with Beltre; a productive guy just with lesser runs, more ribbies and more steals. More production, the better you are. This acquisition also becomes clear that he'll be our leading designated hitter for the rest of this season. Rockies minor-leaguer Ian Stewart will very likely stay in our farm for the rest of the year but he'll be inrtiguing at our 3B position next year. Now we have a deep 3B group with Nats franchise boy Ryan Zimmerman leading the way. It was also important to have someone who can back up Zimmy for their day-offs. We think this 3B rotation/platoon can be more exciting than the 1B platoon.

This trade is a win-win situation since bubuy lost keeper-material CF Hunter Pence through a trade that would welcome his own future CF, Jay Bruce. His future just became brighter than the sun! Swisher's position eligibility is so enticing (1B, CF, RF) that he took a chance and decided to cease their audition for the right to become their franchise's third baseman. It's now Hank Blalock's job to lose. And yes, he has also a 3B waiting in the wings whom they said has a "Pujols-ian" ability! :D

@ gOg: ganito lang talaga kami mag-manage before I jumped here, tahimik lang.. then bigla na lang kami lilitaw. All of a sudden, we holler you guys with some trade chips. Kahit si bro A minsan ganun din.

@ bubuy: yun pala ang significance ng Rule 5 draft pick.. Nagtataka kasi ako kung anong difference nun sa iba, pero nasabi mo na. Good job!

Fantasy sexpert.. :lol:

@ gwaps: kotchman for doumit ulet..

@ Jong: no dice for K-Wood.. sorry..

No prob.

I believe I've already addressed my SV situation.

I hope so.... :unsure:

@bubuy

I guess I'll find out at midseason.

If you remember our YM conversation, this is why I'm sort of confused on the reason we count Ks when it isn't a good pitching indicator. I mean, a GB pitcher can be as good, or even better than, a K-pitcher.

it's a Thursday game, that's another reason for the ph.

and atty, if I may answer for master B, the reason we count Ks in the league is to make sure we don't favor any particular subset of pitchers (GB vs Flyball vs Strikeout etc...).

standing alone, it's not a very good metric true but with the present settings, we can fully expect GMs to round out their staff since they can't really win it all week in/week out with a bunch of groundhog/finesse/crafty guys who get 2-3 Ks an outing.

it's also why I dealt for "Speedy Gonzales" Volquez.

Wokies! Thanks. :thumbsupsmiley:

So we really have to look for two kinds of pitchers: one who gets Ks and one who gets either the SV or the QS.

If the pitcher can get both, then it's better; it saves the team one more roster spot.

Ergo, may bias talaga for K-pitchers.

Sensya na po kung mali ang intindi ko. Ahehe

^

actually, we're trying to avoid any bias as much as possible.

there just seems to be a bias for K pitchers since the so-called aces have outstanding K/9.

but this has a tendency to even out since aces match-up against each other anyway and so at some point or another, they're bound to get quite a few undeserved losses (this, despite posting a QS).

the bottomline is, you want your staff to address all areas to have a better chance to compete.

and you're right, as with any fantasy game, the more cats you cover with less players, the better.

^

actually, we're trying to avoid any bias as much as possible.

there just seems to be a bias for K pitchers since the so-called aces have outstanding K/9.

but this has a tendency to even out since aces match-up against each other anyway and so at some point or another, they're bound to get quite a few undeserved losses (this, despite posting a QS).

the bottomline is, you want your staff to address all areas to have a better chance to compete.

and you're right, as with any fantasy game, the more cats you cover with less players, the better.

I apologize for celebrating too much.. It's not everyday we get cool pitching stats like these, that's why I didn't resist.

Yeah, I look biased on my last post but it was unintentional. We just love our aces! :D

Like our commish said, this is why we use QS/L instead of W in our dynasty league. First was the strength of teams that can give run support & the second is to maximize the pitcher's talent/upside & efficiency. Proving a statement that your pitcher, whoever he is, can go deep while allowing 3 or less runs is actually challenging. Getting undeserved losses despite posting a QS still hurts in reality, we all know that.

Kingsville,

I think GoG's post was in response to Jongkers' post:-)

Oops..

The arrow was misleading. I looked at it again and it was pointing at my post, but the message seems to be in response with Jongkers.

Iba talaga yung naging trade ng Cincy & Texas regarding Josh Hamilton. A win-win situation. Volquez will be good for years to come. :D