fMLB Full Count 10

bubuy

consiggy

For Wandy, pwede na sigurong wala IF I get the one I want from snitchy.

I-finalize ko muna 'yun.

Dang, I benched Braun in two leagues pala today!

Stupid dog! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Will someone please get one of my LFs at the roto league?!

RonRon's stories from d `hood

Uh, wow. I understand it's the playoffs. I remember when I used to play back home in the neighborhood there were always games like that. I remember one time, one of my friends, he was playing basketball and they were winning the game. It was so competitive, they broke off a piece of leg from a table and they threw it and it went right through his heart and he died right on the court.

Ramirez suspended 50 games for drug violation

By RONALD BLUM, AP Baseball Writer 11 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP)—Manny Ramirez(notes) was suspended for 50 games by Major League Baseball on Thursday, becoming the latest high-profile player ensnared in the sport’s drug scandals.

The commissioner’s office didn’t announce the specific violation by the Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder, who will lose about one-third of his $25 million salary.

“Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me,” Ramirez said in a statement issued by the players’ union.

“Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy that mistake is now my responsibility. I have been advised not to say anything more for now. I do want to say one other thing; I’ve taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past five seasons.”

This is the second major drug revelation to hit baseball in the last few months. In February, Alex Rodriguez(notes) admitted taking steroids while playing for Texas from 2001-03. But that was before the start of testing with penalties under a program agreed to by players and management. The New York Yankee star doesn’t appear likely to be suspended.

Ramirez is the third player suspended this year under the major league program, following Philadelphia reliever J.C. Romero(notes) and Yankees pitcher Sergio Mitre(notes).

Just two relatively low-profile players were suspended under the major league program last year, San Francisco catcher Elizier Alfonzo and Colorado catcher Humberto Coto.

In the past, the best-known player penalized was Baltimore’s Rafael Palmeiro, who received a 10-day suspension in 2005, the first year of penalties for first infractions.

link

the Dodgers are screwed as they return to their light-hitting ways.

now, they can pitch around the younger guys again.

they should still win games though as their defense should hold up.

seizing the opportunity huh...just picked up pierre...

now just how does this hit hudson's value :unsure;...so ethier now takes manny's spot?

btw, rewind to a month back...

In an appearance at USC last month, Jose Canseco said Ramirez's name "is most likely, 90%" on a list of 104 players that failed a drug test in 2003. The players were promised anonymity for taking tests in 2003; Rodriguez is the only player that has been identified among that group.

Ramirez laughed when Times columnist Kurt Streeter relayed Canseco's allegation to him.

"I got no comment, nothing to say about that," Ramirez told Streeter. "What can I say? I don't even know the guy."

and oh, we just need to get this one clear---he wasn't nailed for doping in this instance.

he was caught for using a drug typically used after the doping cycle to help him grow his balls back.

at worst, his use of the drug make it suspicious enough---but if you put that in context to the kind of performance he put on after he got shipped out of Boston and it sure stacks up pretty well in making him look like a total dope job.

Edited by gift_of_game