fMLB Full Count 10

bubuy

^

luck and match-ups...

for such a streaky sport to begin with, there's a considerable amount of luck involved.

and even if your name-brand guys are delivering as expected, if the other team's guys are producing at the same clip, it tends to get dicey.

what I've noticed over the past few though since we started playing is that one guy going absolute freakin' bananas (H-Day in 2006, Man-Ram last year) is more than enough to carry a team.

^

luck and match-ups...

for such a streaky sport to begin with, there's a considerable amount of luck involved.

and even if your name-brand guys are delivering as expected, if the other team's guys are producing at the same clip, it tends to get dicey.

what I've noticed over the past few though since we started playing is that one guy going absolute freakin' bananas (H-Day in 2006, Man-Ram last year) is more than enough to carry a team.

by team you mean a fantasy team or a real team?

by team you mean a fantasy team or a real team?

mmm...initially just the fantasy team though there are situations when it seemed to apply to both

e.g.

ManRam's apeshit performance after the deadline last year propelled the Dodgers to the playoffs (not surprisingly, they dropped like flies in the opening series when he went a bit flat);

H-Day's country-strong performance coincided with Colorado's improbable World Series run

Edited by gift_of_game

tinanong ko na :P

lets put it this way...he's playing great and kabirthday pa nya yung owner nya...every chance master b gets he gets nicky m....

he passed on his perennial fantasy boy last year (Ortiz - a good pass if i may, ortiz was downhill) for nicky mark...

Edited by consiglieri

eh ikaw kasi nagtanong eh, ayaw tuloy... :upside:

edit

Ortiz is older, plays one position and we're playing keepers...that's why he passed on the dude.

Ballplayers, as a group, reach their peak value much earlier and decline much more rapidly than people believe
Edited by gift_of_game

he's more keen on giving away holliday....i just couldnt make the deal for him

EDIT

and yes 3 closers and no saves to show for it...while the nuggz has 6 with the Nats giving him the opps...oh yes...matching up with your opponent takes a big part in H2H....sa stats ni bubs ngayon...he'll be beating my team black and blue

Edited by consiglieri

doc, my team seems to be going nowhere again this season (although it is too early to tell for that), thats why id rather wait for my own ace to blossom.. tutal magka-age group naman si markakis at kinsler, might as well wait for josh johnson to join them in that level of fantasy contribution..

damn both my closers blew the save..... didnt mind having mo blow it as it was bay that hit the tying HR... damn my prob of having bosox players.... but wish capps did better.. :( its funny that if mo didnt give that HR to bay it would have been 7-5... luckily it was bay now its 8-4 :P