fMLB Full Count 10

bubuy

@consig, if you really want Tex, I'd love to have Ellsbury in the mix.

otherwise, well, we're dropping the cannoli for now. :)

@jong, don't worry about it, we got time with the All-Star Break.

I'm still thinking of what kind of pick I want (initially thought that it was for the rookie draft) but these are really minor details.

For KVille

From Yahoo

How is position eligibility established?

At the beginning of the Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball season, Yahoo! Sports placed all players into positions based in part on information from official rosters, but focusing mainly on past performance. Some players appear in multiple position lists and are eligible to fill any of those positions.

Please note the following conditions that apply to a player's position eligibility.

1. A player's position eligibility will not be adjusted prior to the beginning of the season. (If a player in spring training is playing "new" position, that position will not appear until a player has met the criteria for a change.)

2. Players will not lose eligibility at a previously established position at any time. (For example, if a catcher-eligible player begins to play first base exclusively, he will remain eligible at catcher for the entire season.)

3. It is not possible to customize this setting within Custom Leagues. All leagues are subject to the same constraints.

(Note: Does No. 2 mean that a player will never lose eligibility from one season to the next... and the next? I think the caveat is that Yahoo retains the discretion to remove the eligibility for a position if a player who was previously eligible for a position has not played that said position for more than a season)

Gaining eligibility at a new position:

If a position player makes five (5) starts or 10 total appearances at a new position during this season, he will become eligible to play that position in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball.

Pitchers need to make three starts to become eligible as a starter and five relief appearances to qualify as a reliever.

To track a player's progress toward eligibility at a new position, go to the Players section and click on Position Eligibility. For each player shown, an "E" means they are eligible at a given position, a "-" means they have not played at that position yet, and a number indicates how many games remain before eligibility is earned.

Players will not necessarily be eligible for all positions listed in their Player Profile (viewable by clicking on the player"s name).

Thanks for the rule lookup ajb :)

Yup, we all know the rules for new positional eligibility. Checked.

Rules 1 & 3.. Checked.

Hetong Rule 2 ang medyo tricky. I believe Theriot played the SS position for a season and a half now. Half from last year and all this year.

- I'll use Russell Martin as an example. Ngayon C/3B eligible siya. Next season ganito pa rin siya since he played the required number of games from this season. Then kung sa next year, hindi siya nag-appear as a 3B at all, wala na siyang 3B-eligible for 2010. Heto lang ang understanding ko.

- Naalala ko lang kasi sinabi ni master bubuy nung draft day, when gwaps had Carlos Guillen. He said "last year for SS eligibility". I actually understood it kasi we all know that he'll be a 1B for da Tigers this year. He was already 1B-eligible before our draft here. I believe Guillen already played 1B, 3B and LF this year, pero hindi pa LF-eligible. But if he does play a game (or two) at shortstop, he will still be eligible at SS.

- I'll use another example: Ryan Braun. 3B/LF siya this year pero sa 2009 ay LF na lang siya. Pero pwedeng buhayin pa ang 3B eligibility nya. Let's say Bill Hall gets traded or they promote their LF prospect from the minors. Doon lang yata magkakaroon ng discretion from Yahoo.

Edited by kingsville
Thanks for the rule lookup ajb :)

Yup, we all know the rules for new positional eligibility. Checked.

Rules 1 & 3.. Checked.

Hetong Rule 2 ang medyo tricky. I believe Theriot played the SS position for a season and a half now. Half from last year and all this year.

- I'll use Russell Martin as an example. Ngayon C/3B eligible siya. Next season ganito pa rin siya since he played the required number of games from this season. Then kung sa next year, hindi siya nag-appear as a 3B at all, wala na siyang 3B-eligible for 2010. Heto lang ang understanding ko.

- Naalala ko lang kasi sinabi ni master bubuy nung draft day, when gwaps had Carlos Guillen. He said "last year for SS eligibility". I actually understood it kasi we all know that he'll be a 1B for da Tigers this year. He was already 1B-eligible before our draft here. I believe Guillen already played 1B, 3B and LF this year, pero hindi pa LF-eligible. But if he does play a game (or two) at shortstop, he will still be eligible at SS.

- I'll use another example: Ryan Braun. 3B/LF siya this year pero sa 2009 ay LF na lang siya. Pero pwedeng buhayin pa ang 3B eligibility nya. Let's say Bill Hall gets traded or they promote their LF prospect from the minors. Doon lang yata magkakaroon ng discretion from Yahoo.

kitams... eto ang next wave of fantasy gurus...

from the likes of bubuy, ajb, gOg... comes the new breed, the likes of k-ville, DH...

...i am pleased to be in your presence... make me your padawan, master k-ville...

from the likes of bubuy, ajb, gOg... comes the new breed, the likes of k-ville, DH...

...i am pleased to be in your presence... make me your padawan, master k-ville...

i cant.. i simply cant..

because im a padawan of the aforementioned gurus. i follow their teachings and techniques.

im the same as you!

mainit ang trade talks nina gOg and consig ah.. hindi halata! :P

yeah yeah...parang napagulo sa mga offer...

though id still love to have both big tex and longoria in my lineup...

napapaisip ako sa ellsbury pero for now i think i can't include him in a deal...

maybe we could work something out...

untouchables:

ortiz,utley,ellsbury,johan,papelbon,dice-k

@jong, don't worry about it, we got time with the All-Star Break.

I'm still thinking of what kind of pick I want (initially thought that it was for the rookie draft) but these are really minor details.

Kung rookie draft, i'd probably seal the deal na:

Maine and MB for Alvarez, Figgins and (?) round rookie pick.

------------

Andami kong natutuhan sa consig-gOg negotiations.

Like, kelangan pala ng resident boytoy for the team.

Hmm... sino kaya ang boytoy sa team ko? :unsure:

Theriot? Pence? :unsure:

:lol:

Wala na bang bagong patalastas? :boo: