fMLB Full Count 10

bubuy

Here's my offer GoG. Let me know if you have a counter.

GoG,

Trade tayo.

Tutal, di rin naman ako makapasok sa top 6, eh di enjoy na lang the season by making trades, he he.

Contreras and Loney for Mark Teixeira?

He he, oo nga ano. Pero ang aga ko ata sumuko. :cry:

wow parang real life baseball GM.. pag di aabot sa playoffs by the trade deadline, seller.. yung mga may outside chance sa top 6 naman buyer.. ehehehe.. :thumbsupsmiley:

the distler strategy leaves you too little a room for error .. imagine punting 3 cats from the get go, granted you are almost unbeatable in 6 cats... a bad outing from an SP can pull up yr whip and era skyhigh ... SBs arent consistent and so are SVs ....at most a team employing that strategy can win 6 .. but can lose a mtachup bigtime.....

Well, the goal of the Distler strategy is precisely to win at most 6 categories in a 10-category league. So the goal is a 6-4 win week in and week out. While one bad outing from a pitcher might indeed pull the ERA and WHIP sky high, that possibility is minimized by the fact that the Distler-team is precisely stocked with topnotch SPs and RPs. The strategy believes that a 6-4 win every week will guarantee a spot in the playoffs and from then on, anything can happen.

Im experimenting with a no catcher (but with an extra SP) approach this week in two of my leagues. Of course, Im doing this simply because the pitchers I get from the FA pool are giving me headaches. :lol:

the distler strategy leaves you too little a room for error .. imagine punting 3 cats from the get go, granted you are almost unbeatable in 6 cats... a bad outing from an SP can pull up yr whip and era skyhigh ... SBs arent consistent and so are SVs ....at most a team employing that strategy can win 6 .. but can lose a mtachup bigtime.....

And when Bruce cools off... that manager will suddenly be feverish for making such a dumb-headed move.

Edit: But then again, if both Manny R. and Longoria are part of the trade, it just might make sense, especially if he has other holes to fill. The trade might even turn out rather good for him.

Edited by agentjackbauer

Busy days for the managers a.

Almost two pages worth of backread. :cool:

BTW, it's also a Jongkers-gwapogi matchup in two leagues this week!

I'm looking at a possible split.

I'll take this league; gwaps will whip my Askal ass at the Balco league.

Right, gwaps? ;)

ajb bro

Methinks it's too early to give up. In this league, it is true that you're behind the division leader (ehem) by 14.5 games so that getting into the playoffs by topping the division is quite difficult. But it's certainly not impossible. However, getting into the playoffs by getting the 6th seed is definitely reachable as you're behind by only 6-7 games.

If you will look at the standings, our division has the top two winningest teams so far (ehem again). There's a huge gap between the third and fourth places. But at the other division, excluding the leader, it's pretty much a touch-and-go scenario.

In your situation, it's better to look at the overall standings than by division. There you'll see that your team still has a pretty good shot at it.

Of course, if you manage to get into the playoffs and somehow survive the first round, I will have to beat your ass in the semi-finals. Apologies in advance.

:lol:

Ha ha, sobrang confident ah.

Yan ang mga hindi nananalo in the end. :lol:

ajb bro

Methinks it's too early to give up. In this league, it is true that you're behind the division leader (ehem) by 14.5 games so that getting into the playoffs by topping the division is quite difficult. But it's certainly not impossible. However, getting into the playoffs by getting the 6th seed is definitely reachable as you're behind by only 6-7 games.

If you will look at the standings, our division has the top two winningest teams so far (ehem again). There's a huge gap between the third and fourth places. But at the other division, excluding the leader, it's pretty much a touch-and-go scenario.

In your situation, it's better to look at the overall standings than by division. There you'll see that your team still has a pretty good shot at it.

Of course, if you manage to get into the playoffs and somehow survive the first round, I will have to beat your ass in the semi-finals. Apologies in advance.

:lol: