fMLB Full Count 10

bubuy

just to overstate it, your team does have a lot of speed so no need to make adjustment/s there. Gordon, Martin and Kotchman should be holding the fort down till A-Rod comes back. a small problem though is that they haven't shown enough yet to really blow the competition away. Rios, with all his power potential, hasn't asserted himself yet in the Blue Jays order especially now with Wells out. Guillén, even with a respectable .284 BA, hasn't shown yet the big numbers some/most were expecting coming from a revamped Tigers lineup. I've never been a fan of Byrnes and Peralta but they are both solid position players that when they start hitting, your faith in them would not be wasted. until then, you have to endure their .217 and .225 BA's respectively. that being all said, your batting order is also only enduring a rough start especially with the injury to A-Rod but I see no need to start pushing the panic button on them just yet.

can I take a raincheck on your staff?

hehehe

seriously, Halladay, Shields and now Sonnanstine highlight your rotation. Owings is making a big case being your third guy but with the suprising TB leading the AL East, I've got to give more props to Andy. I am biased though, hehe. Bonser and Arroyo are good starters though obviously consistency is an issue for these two. Miller still has to make good with all the potential he has but since he is a prospect, he still has a lot of chances to show his true value and keep a roster spot. Baker and Rodriguez are injured but once they are back, they are great sources of K's. your bullpen of Capps, Gagne and Qualls is shaky at best now especially with Capps being a closer for the lowly Pirates and Gagne not really being as dominant as before. no diss to Pirate fans but how many wins do they really can get to have save opportunities for Capps? to summarize, you're staff will live and die with your rotation IMHO.

Just an observation: 6 out of the top 7 teams have an "extended" pitching staff. Only Chicken Nuggets has a limited or short pitching crew while DH is extending his staff through some streaming.

Consig,

Perhaps I should wait until Verlander turns it around. Otherwise, he will just give me more problems. :zorro: . I have benched Verlander in the roto league for his past 4 starts or so. But then again, if and when he turns it around, you probably wont be trading him anymore. :lol:

Edited by agentjackbauer

Having said that, would you be open to trading Bedard for Jeff Frenchie? I know your outfield is strong though what with Hamilton scorching hot.

^

can't really knock that ajb.

it's always easier, not to mention sensible, to get by with offense in fantasy baseball.

pitching can only take you so far here---quite the opposite of real baseball.

ajb brother, i think it all starts there -- in the enthusiasm part. Of course, it's easier for me to say this because i'm still a newbie in fantasy leagues. Nasa super-adik stage, kumbaga. Combined with luck, I suppose this can also be seen as a reflection of how my teams are doing: 2nd here in keeper league, 2-week big-win streak in Bonds after a miserable start, now 3rd and still going down in roto, and 3rd in a 10-team public league.

But look at the total pitching numbers again.

You are the leader in Saves but in matchups, you got tied in this cat four times. Sayang yun.

So SV is not the culprit.

You're 6th in QS but only 3-3-1 in head to head. Bad break? Probably.

You are 9th in Ks but still managed to get a 4-3-0.

Same thing with BB/9: 6th place but good enough for a 4-3-0.

Not so bad, I guess.

These leaves only with the L's and ERA where you didn't do well.

Dead-last in both cats, numbers-wise.

As for your batters, it appears to me that you're not doing so bad.

Your team is in the top six in half of the cats: R, RBI and SB.

So it's not surprising that you got a 5-1-1 in SB.

What's surprising is you only got a 3-4-0 in Runs despite ranking 4th.

Even more appalling is your 3-3-1 in RBI despite logging in the second most number of RBI!

So where does all these leave us?

I'll go with what denimhead said first: bad break in the schedule.

Meaning, you will definitely catch up along the way.

It also means my team will face the wall of winning teams eventually. ;)

But look at the total pitching numbers again.

You are the leader in Saves but in matchups, you got tied in this cat four times. Sayang yun.

So SV is not the culprit.

You're 6th in QS but only 3-3-1 in head to head. Bad break? Probably.

You are 9th in Ks but still managed to get a 4-3-0.

Same thing with BB/9: 6th place but good enough for a 4-3-0.

Not so bad, I guess.

These leaves only with the L's and ERA where you didn't do well.

Dead-last in both cats, numbers-wise.

As for your batters, it appears to me that you're not doing so bad.

Your team is in the top six in half of the cats: R, RBI and SB.

So it's not surprising that you got a 5-1-1 in SB.

What's surprising is you only got a 3-4-0 in Runs despite ranking 4th.

Even more appalling is your 3-3-1 in RBI despite logging in the second most number of RBI!

So where does all these leave us?

I'll go with what denimhead said first: bad break in the schedule.

Meaning, you will definitely catch up along the way.

It also means my team will face the wall of winning teams eventually. ;)

nice analysis, this is how i usually break down teams ill be facing the coming week and make the necessary add/drops to adjust my lineup to the other teams strengths and weaknesses..

g0g, who among your SPs are available?

Jongkers,

Thanks for the fine analysis bro. I did that too right after you beat me two weeks ago. I remember posting that I still like my team moving forward. The 1-10 beating I got last week though, made me doubt... although I couple of breaks here and there would have made that scoreline closer.

GoG,

Im giving your Maine counter-prop some serious thought.

Edited by agentjackbauer
Jongkers,

Thanks for the fine analysis bro. I did that too right you beat me two weeks ago. I remember posting that I still like my team moving forward. The 1-10 beating I got last week though, made me doubt... although I couple of breaks here and there would have made that scoreline closer.

I agree, bro.

Last week could've been a closer matchup.

Bad breaks.

Hindi pa tapos ang season pero mukhang matatapos na mabuo ang k-10 namin!

But meanwhile, we're trying to move up the ladder!

It's not gonna be easy, si Homey pala kalaban namin!

@Jongkers: Adik ka na rin ba kamo? Hindi naman, adik na adik lang! :P

@gOg: may panapat na ako sa Passage song mo.. Heto from Nina! :lol:

Up, down moving all around

Feeling like I"m freezing like a log ain't moving

Up, down I'm shaking on the ground

Trying to hide emotions, what a silly motion i did

@gwaps: for now, milly's used to be a spot-start OF, or a committee or whatever. But if he starts to heat up, buckle up!

@pakner A: 9th place na pala tayo! Biglang lumakas ang chamba antics natin dito!

Onga pala, favor.. pa-analyze naman po ng team namin ni pakner A. Nakakaaliw kasing basahin mga analysis ninyo. Thanks!

Edited by kingsville
just to overstate it, your team does have a lot of speed so no need to make adjustment/s there. Gordon, Martin and Kotchman should be holding the fort down till A-Rod comes back. a small problem though is that they haven't shown enough yet to really blow the competition away. Rios, with all his power potential, hasn't asserted himself yet in the Blue Jays order especially now with Wells out. Guillén, even with a respectable .284 BA, hasn't shown yet the big numbers some/most were expecting coming from a revamped Tigers lineup. I've never been a fan of Byrnes and Peralta but they are both solid position players that when they start hitting, your faith in them would not be wasted. until then, you have to endure their .217 and .225 BA's respectively. that being all said, your batting order is also only enduring a rough start especially with the injury to A-Rod but I see no need to start pushing the panic button on them just yet.

can I take a raincheck on your staff?

hehehe

seriously, Halladay, Shields and now Sonnanstine highlight your rotation. Owings is making a big case being your third guy but with the suprising TB leading the AL East, I've got to give more props to Andy. I am biased though, hehe. Bonser and Arroyo are good starters though obviously consistency is an issue for these two. Miller still has to make good with all the potential he has but since he is a prospect, he still has a lot of chances to show his true value and keep a roster spot. Baker and Rodriguez are injured but once they are back, they are great sources of K's. your bullpen of Capps, Gagne and Qualls is shaky at best now especially with Capps being a closer for the lowly Pirates and Gagne not really being as dominant as before. no diss to Pirate fans but how many wins do they really can get to have save opportunities for Capps? to summarize, you're staff will live and die with your rotation IMHO.

thanks for the analysis...

but bro, seriously, what's a "raincheck"... :unsure:

got no idea...

'man, Angel Locsin.. matindi! tsaka si Marian Rivera.. mga mahirap tapatan yan!

Pero yung Baoman, may panabla tayo dyan.. how about the real thing?! :P

Uhmm.. I mean THIS one.

(OT) Swerte ng Chicago Bulls. First overall pick this draft!!! D-Rose?

no more hard core stream for now .. mebbe just monday & sunday pitchers .. in case none of my regulars are playing

Nice, mano-a-mano! :D

BULLS aint gonna pick rose... hinrich's locked up long term, gordon too, then there's deng... they're locked up in the backcourt... they need interior scoring and a big man who can make opposing teams play honest defense (not sagging off the j-less bigs)...

what you got for justin..

...finally gives me a good game :P

i was thinking the same thing with lester bubs...

naunahan ng no no :P

edit

rose will prolly end up in miami...not unless the bulls trade gordon and/or hinrich for a decent post player...

i say..let larry hughes go...or at least wait it out a coupla months :P stick with gooden :P

Edited by consiglieri